• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

Room 8014, Studio, Lake View, HA Room

17-6.jpg

17-7.jpg

17-8.jpg

17-9.jpg

17-10.jpg

17-11.jpg

17-12.jpg

17-13.jpg

17-14.jpg

17-15.jpg

17-16.jpg

17-17.jpg

When we looked out through the balcony window, we were thrilled!!!!!!!!! Although we could see the lake, we could also see Magic Kingdom!!!!!! :woohoo:

Looking left

17-18.jpg

Looking straight ahead

17-19.jpg

Looking right

17-20.jpg

We stayed in a 3-bedroom Grand Villa over the 4th of July weekend. The room and the view were amazing. We didn't go to a park since our passes were in blackout and we didn't regret that one bit. I think we had a better view of the special 4th fireworks of anyone! From the living room you see the castle from the couch, you can see Space Mountain from the kitchen and I had the bedroom over the kitchen where I stared at the castle from the end of my bed. Here are some pics:

THE LIVING ROOM/DINING ROOM/KITCHEN

July20102010-07-02013.jpg

July20102010-07-02012.jpg

July20102010-07-02014.jpg

July20102010-07-02004.jpg

July20102010-07-02008.jpg

THE LOFT

July20102010-07-02017.jpg

July20102010-07-02016.jpg

July20102010-07-02015.jpg

July20102010-07-02014.jpg

THE VIEW

July20102010-07-02023.jpg

July20102010-07-02009.jpg

July20102010-07-02074.jpg

July20102010-07-02071.jpg

July20102010-07-03087.jpg

July20102010-07-03091.jpg

Timon, I'm very confused on your pics.
You had a HA studio, correct?
It looks like you have both a tub and also a SEPARATE roll in shower?
Am I seeing this correctly?
If so, that is awesome.
We have been given a HA studio a couple times and my kids like having a bathtub, but these rooms in the other DVC resorts only have a roll in shower. If this is how they're doing the HA studios at BLT that solves the issue of not having a tub in a studio. How wonderful!

And it appears NOT to have the combined vanity/kitchen combo of the non-HA studio which is another bonus!

If so, that is awesome.
We have been given a HA studio a couple times and my kids like having a bathtub, but these rooms in the other DVC resorts only have a roll in shower. If this is how they're doing the HA studios at BLT that solves the issue of not having a tub in a studio. How wonderful!

I noticed that too and if this is the case I'm concerned people might start requesting the HA studios even if they don't need them just for the extra space.

Thanks everyone, I updated the first post with the latest reports and links to pictures!

JoAnne

Thanks everyone, I updated the first post with the latest reports and links to pictures!

JoAnne

JoAnne, thanks so much for all the hard work you are putting into this thread. It is an AMAZING resource! I must have been misleading, but 7308 is a studio, not a 1br. Just wanted to clarify for future references. Thanks again!

I noticed that too and if this is the case I'm concerned people might start requesting the HA studios even if they don't need them just for the extra space.

I don't think so. It looks like what they gave up was extra counter space in the kitchenette in order to be able to add a roll in shower in addition to the standard tub. The kitchenette in those pics looks VERY SMALL. So yes, you might get an extra shower, but you are also giving up counter and storage space in the kitchenette. I know people have complained about the kitchenette/vanity sink area being together and while it was odd, we didn't mind it. I liked having the extra long kitchenette and storage space to store our food. But, I think what they have done here is genius, cause like I said we have been put into a HA studio a couple of times and we missed having the tub for the kids. I think this solves that issue. And from what I understand Disney tends to have more HA rooms than what is required (which is fantastic and if I'm wrong, I do apologize) so often they will end up with those rooms later in the day. So if you check in late, you might end up with a studio with no tub.

@Mean Queen

Your pics and view are amazing. And having been to MK on 4th of July I agree your view was much better. That and you did not have sweaty strangers touching you. :) One day we'd love to stay in a GV but we'd need a few more points to do that.

Nice view you had Timon. Was there a closet of any kind?

Yes it did have a closet. I had to watch my video because I didn`t remember LOL You can see it in my last video from that trip...
http://cassworld.ca/videos/wdw-2009-4.wmv

It`s all the way at the end, about 14 mins in.

If so, that is awesome.

Yes, it did have both the roll in shower and a regular bathtub and shower. We never used the kitchenette except for some drinks in the fridge so I didn`t mind that it was small. I didn`t ask for a HA room, but this was what they gave us. I was happy because it was 10am and we had a two-year old that really needed a nap before we went to MK on Halloween Night! :thumbsup2

i really like seeing the pictures for planning purposes.

[ little by little we are moving forward , getting our requests ]

the way we see it for 1 bedroom, either the right or left side
facing the park. while i think the right side would be closer
to the castle , we are big monorail fans, & since we are going
christmas week, the wreath will be there , lights & all.

by the picture here, i think i will be bringing our binoculars,
tripod, & our old aluminum tree - color wheel & all. we have 2,
the lil'one is only 3-feet tall. prefect for travel.
[have never used it long before our baby of the family was born, &
she fast approaching her teen years]. the inside pictures
also helps in the decorations will look best.

the parking lot i think makes being higher up more important
to reduce the distraction. maybe the next time they go to
replace it, they will select a green/blue color, & add some twinkle
lights [ like epcot? ], but kind like fairy scenes in fanstasia, like
dancing on a pond.

can they see you from the monorails or train? sure wouldn't want
a picture in grumpy's pj to find it way to my coworkers.:rolleyes1

oops, i forgot about the shower problem. my wife found these
really neat shower heads. they sorta built on the old desk-lamp
design, with bending limbs & the face are very large, and oblong.

while they looked really strange, they really work. especially easy
to adjust & to whatever any user desires.

ps, the best showers we found on dcl were on deck 5. having
a really good shower made our cruises better. :umbrella:

We just returned from our 1st home visit, we had a dedicated 2 bedroom, Magic Kingdom room. Our room was 8130, view from master bedroom balcony straight on Floridian Hotel and monarail, could see Castle and space mt looking to right. from living room, castle and space mt. from other bedroom,
Castle and space mt. Room was 1st room from elevator.

quick question..
were staying at bay lake august 1-7
think they would be able to tell us our room numbers? who should we call?

quick question..

Nope. You cannot get room numbers until you check in and your room is ready. When you check in, if your room is not ready, they will offer to call you or text you your room number when it is ready.

quick question..

Room are not even assigned until anywhere from 48 hours out or less. Possibly even at check-in.

I just want send a big thank you to Work2Play for all your work on this thread! I would also like to thank everyone who has contributed to make this such a great source of information. My family and I will be going to the BLT in Aug and because of this thread I am so excited! :dogdance:Thanks to all. Hopefully, when we return, I will be able to make a useful contribution...

Hi All, We are staying at BLT right now (from July 5th to 16th). We were very lucky to recieve a 40% pin about 8 months ago and booked as quick as we could. We are staying in a dedicated 2 bedroom- Lake View.
I used this thread to help us make room requests. I followed the steps...and was sooooo happy when when the cast member at check in said "your room is ready and you are in room 8212". Yeah!!! High floor...check! Outer...check! View of the MK....CHECK!!!! It is amazing. I am sitting here staring at the castle and space mountain. It is an accessible room...but that does not bother us. The only thing that it is missing is a rainfall shower- but the pay off is the most amazing view (and at a lake view price!):love:

I will try to post pictures later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter