BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

This was a great view. Straight out was definatley lake view. You could see the Castle, the fireworks, Space Mountain, etc looking to the left, and not leaning over or anything. I don't know how to post pictures here but I have them if someone can let me know how.

The view was perfect. You had the castle right straight out from the window. The fireworks were great from here. If you had your head at the foot of the bed you could see the castle laying down. A beautiful view. I don't know how to post pictures but I have them if someone lets me know how.

been reading since oct. . we don't get this dvc stuff @ all. now our

..crunch time is approaching.....& we are no closer....on
what we should be doing. :confused3

....we have all these points..but we can't change our "schedule"
*( why we afriad..to buy..back in 2002),
...because of work. our guide has disappear. all we know is
what we want to do. [ i bed-room, mk~view, near the top for
2 weeks..during christmas-new years. ]

:thumbsup2
that's a nice map..on the first page..but all i cannot make it out,
& it gives..me headache every time. :sick:
rooms?- one bdrooms....mk, has no comments beside them.
..the list...7526,7626, 7620, 7720, 7820, 7920, 8120, 8126,
8220. i am guessing...all on the north crescent.

...extra worry..over the ways..others...are planning on walking their
requests...again, work..makes this very difficult for us to do.
[ in my opinion, this is bullcrap..we didn't spend ..all this money..
to jump thru hoops for a stupid room. & we made...these points-
no pun inteneded,
very clear....to our guide, who now have vanished. ] as for
"walking"...one simple rule..would stop it. :headache:

i also saw...where there are going to be new changes for those
renting points..on the boards. shysters...it make sense & $$$ ,
but that could mean...blocking someone from a room. they are
correct....because...i saw that..going on...just trying to get a
feel..for next christmas. [ we still going to have 40 points left over,
..& thought...that was a nice..way...to sell/help others.... but i think
we are just going to bank extra points. ]

..one thing, last year....after we had gotten lost, & stopped
@ a gas station...there was guy....willing to buy.....all our used
passes..."old park~hopper passes"..the ones with 10 days on them.
..can they be used..to get ap? ( he was willing to pay..$15 for each,
...& i know not just for sentimental value or for a piece of plastic )

well, this will be our first....stay...& the closer we get, the more
dread...we are feeling. { if that guide.....lied to us....we will be
meeting with disney officials. }

however, got to say....the pictures..are really fun to look @ :flower3:

8502 Grand Villa, Bay Lake View, 15th floor on the very end. Could see castle when looking over balcony to the left. Nice view of Bay Lake and the tennis courts. GV lacking in kitchen supplies for large group, we had 11.

8502 Grand Villa, Bay Lake View, 15th floor on the very end. Could see castle when looking over balcony to the left. Nice view of Bay Lake and the tennis courts. GV lacking in kitchen supplies for large group, we had 11.

Any pix you can share?

:thumbsup2
that's a nice map..on the first page..but all i cannot make it out,
& it gives..me headache every time. :sick:
rooms?- one bdrooms....mk, has no comments beside them.
..the list...7526,7626, 7620, 7720, 7820, 7920, 8120, 8126,
8220. i am guessing...all on the north crescent.

When there are no comments next to a room, it is because someone reported staying there, but did not provide additional details. All of the MK rooms have a view of the MK so many did not provide additional details, the lower numbered rooms are more northwest facing, the higher numbered ones are more southwest facing. In general, the MK rooms face west. Most of the floors are the same, so room 7620 would have a similar view to room 8120, just higher up. The 1 BR MK view rooms are either XX20 or XX26, both of those are close to the middle of the MK view rooms and would have similar views...

Hope that helps-

I don't know how to post pictures here but I have them if someone can let me know how.

You need to upload your photos to a photo sharing site, like Photobucket. After you upload them it will give you various codes for sharing the photos, one of which will have in it - I believe it is the code that is on the bottom of the list. Copy that code and paste it into you DIS post and it should show up. If your pictures are really big it is a good idea to resize them so that they are smaller first. If after you post them you find that they are really large you can go to Photobucket and resize them and they should resize in your post as long as you've closed out your DIS post.

HTH

I know that many people refer to it as the "north tower", but that is confusing to me since there is only one building and it is shaped like the letter "C"....

I agree! I also find it weird and am tempted to correct people when they say "Bay Lake Towers" (plural). Unless I'm really missing something, but I've only seen 1 Bay Lake Tower @ Disney's Contemporary Resort... ;)

Guessing has been pretty good so far but we could use a few more actual reports, especially on the odd numbered standard view rooms

I didn't make any specific requests, but I've got two std. view studios booked the first week of Feb. (one for my parents, the other for my DW's) so I'll be able to confirm two room numbers for you in about a month! (She and I decided to splurge before adding the parents and booked ourselves a MK view studio... :rolleyes1)

We are just back. We had a split stay, 2 nights in 2 different rooms at BLT.

We checked in at about 3pm on Dec 30th. (we MISSED our plane, we should have been there hours earlier, so I was freakin' about the room assignment). They said our Bay View 1 BR was ready, I asked where, she said 5th floor, odd number, so it was in the inside of the crescent on a low floor. I said, nicely, oh, is there another that meets my room requests of upper floor and even numbered? She looked, and said YES, and gave us 8442, which is near the end of the south side, 14th floor. All I can say is WOW! GREAT lovely view, just so so beautiful. We could see Epcot ball in the distance, main Contemp. pool, boats everywhere. Also great view of the light pageant each night. We were there for Dec 30 and Dec 31st only.

On Jan 1, we had to room switch to our MK view 2 BR unit. I went down early, around 7 am to check in. With all the issues I read about here with lower floors, I was nervous, and we would be in this room for Fri-Sat nights, LOADS of points for us, we only have 200 points total. Anyway, she gave us 11 floor, right in the MIDDLE, 8124. Dedicated 2 BR. GREAT room again, I feel guilty, but there you go. :lovestruc Nice view, MK straight ahead more or less, and it was monorail city all night and day, hooray.

OK, so it is interesting to compare the room views, because they both were really good rooms. I think bottom line, that the Bay View ones on the outer side, even numbered rooms, are the best deal..... you still see the castle constantly as you move about your day, and the bridge and lounge are available to watch fireworks...... And the parking lot is really a little annoying, I wish they could move it and landscape the area, HAHA! :laughing::laughing:

PS we are BCV owners, and usually stay there. I LOVED LOVED LOVED BLT!

Do you have any pictures from room 8124? I was curious on the view from the middle. We loved room 7816 view but were disappointed in 8230 dedicated bedroom view.

We stayed in room 8244 in the beginning of Dec. It was on the 12th floor and the last room on the end - considered a Lakeview. I can honestly say that we LOVED this room. The view was great. It over looked Bay Lake the back of the Contemporary and pool area and you could see for miles. We saw Illuminations at night. Also you could see Everest in the distance as well as DHS water tower and hat, the Dolphin and Swan Hotels, and the Wilderness Lodge geyser going off.

I would definitely stay in this area again. As soon as I can figure out how to post pictures I will put some up.

We are just back. We had a split stay, 2 nights in 2 different rooms at BLT........ She looked, and said YES, and gave us 8442, which is near the end of the south side, 14th floor. All I can say is WOW! GREAT lovely view, just so so beautiful. We could see Epcot ball in the distance, main Contemp. pool, boats everywhere. Also great view of the light pageant each night. We were there for Dec 30 and Dec 31st only.
We were in 8442 Dec 11-19 and absolutely loved the view. I had asked for north facing, but an upper floor even # was more important to me so we went with it and I am so glad we did. Not counting the two mornings that were so foggy we could not see the ground the view was terrific. We did go to the TOW lounge and watched the fireworks one evening - very enjoyable - but honestly that was the only evening we "home" during Wishes so didn't miss anything by being south facing.

I was alarmed to find damage to the room, but maintenance fixed it the next day (the stainless steal front on the dishwasher was pulled out on the bottom so we could not even open it) so it worked out. Shame on whoever did this and didn't report it, could have been guests or Mousekeeping...

Loved BLT, but BCV is still my favorite. :cloud9:

:flower3:...thanks so much. [ by bouncing back to the first
page, it finally made sense.]

...this is our first go~around & we think our guide is out sick.
and from reading how many are using walking...we think there
isn't going to be "rooms"- if we make error/s on our first
request.

Hi.....we were in 7812 (1bdrm) and 7814 (studio) last week. This is a 2 bdrm lockoff and both units are accessible units. The studio portion has both a full tub/shower and a separate glass enclosed shower in the bath. The 1 bdrm portion has only a tub/shower unit and the jacuzzi tub......no separate glass enclosed shower. Counter space in the kitchen area is extremely limited due to the microwave needing to be on the counter. We needed to move the coffee maker and the toaster to the island because we could not function with them on the counter......there simply wasn't enough room. The room also has seen a good amount of wear and tear in five months. However, the view from both balconies is absolutely amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter