• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

The "secret room" is because the directory for the 5th floor omits 7514, although we are here!:cool1:

We just got back from this same room. I chased a frog out of there for you on Friday so you should be safe. We noticed some of those same scratches and scrapes you mentioned when we arrived and were disappointed it was showing signs of wear so early, although I think cheap materials has a lot to do with it.

We were briefly confused when we got off the elevator and saw the signs pointing left for one set of rooms and right for another set and neither range contained room 7514. We would definitely like to stay in the "secret room" again. Great view for a STD.

They replaced the erroneous 5th floor sign today. It now lists room 7514. BUT I have a picture of the original one, I will try to sell it on Ebay for a million dollars; maybe Disney will make me an offer! :rotfl2:

work2play - i sent you the picture, could you post it here just for fun?
Thanks.

They replaced the erroneous 5th floor sign today. It now lists room 7514. BUT I have a picture of the original one, I will try to sell it on Ebay for a million dollars; maybe Disney will make me an offer! :rotfl2:

work2play - i sent you the picture, could you post it here just for fun?
Thanks.

Here it is!

BTW- I laughed when I first saw the sign "monorail trash"? What is that? Trash thrown from the monorail, old monorail parts?? :rotfl:

DSC04334.jpg

BTW- I laughed when I first saw the sign "monorail trash"? What is that? Trash thrown from the monorail, old monorail parts??

That sign made me laugh.
What is also funny, is everyone walking past the elevator bridge, because the sign points down the hall and they are looking out the window at the view.

I did it the first time, and then watched to other groups do the same thing.

If you are looking at this the sign the Monorail is really behind you. Not to the right.
:laughing:

Here is my view of the MK from Room #8206, LV studio.

LVStudio.jpg

Just left BLT yesterday,we are now at BWV. I did online check in and requested upper floor,North Tower, MK View. We were over the top delighted to see that they gave us this room!!!!!!!
Loved everything about BLT!!!!!

ok so we have a Lake View studio. We want a low floor.
What room would you recommend for the best view... I am thinking the kids would like a view of the pool if possible.

Thanks!

ok so we have a Lake View studio. We want a low floor.
What room would you recommend for the best view... I am thinking the kids would like a view of the pool if possible.

Thanks!

First you want an odd numbered room, second try to get an XX23 or XX25 room. Those are in the center of the C and will have the best direct pool views, although you will be able to see the pool from the balcony of any of the odd numbered rooms.

Hi, I have requested upper floor when we stay at BLT with a LV. The CM asked me how upper so I said 9 or above?? Has anyone else been asked to specify?? I want to modify my request and say upper floor,north tower and even numbered room. I THINK this will get me the LV without the pool ?? I would like either ALL Lake View or Lake/MK view. Thanks, Joan

Hi, I have requested upper floor when we stay at BLT with a LV. The CM asked me how upper so I said 9 or above?? Has anyone else been asked to specify?? I want to modify my request and say upper floor,north tower and even numbered room. I THINK this will get me the LV without the pool ?? I would like either ALL Lake View or Lake/MK view. Thanks, Joan

Yes, LV rooms that are even #'d on the northern end will give you a partial view of the MK and the lake.

Our reservation is for December. When would it be alright for me to make room requests? And who would I call? Member Services?

Thanks

Yes, LV rooms that are even #'d on the northern end will give you a partial view of the MK and the lake.

THANKS!! Just wanted to make SURE I had it right before I called (again).:rolleyes1 Joan

We actually removed our waitlist for a MK view on our next reservation after staying in an even numbered, north tower, lake view last week. It was AWESOME!

We actually removed our waitlist for a MK view on our next reservation after staying in an even numbered, north tower, lake view last week. It was AWESOME!

I tried doing this last week for our upcoming reservation, but just our luck that they only had MK views left. Oh well...lesson learned. After this trip I doubt I'll ever book a MK view again. Some of these partial views with the LV also are just as magnificent.

I tried doing this last week for our upcoming reservation, but just our luck that they only had MK views left. Oh well...lesson learned. After this trip I doubt I'll ever book a MK view again. Some of these partial views with the LV also are just as magnificent.

We stayed in a LV studio in August that was partial MK too and I am with you. I will never book MK view and take my chances with LV or SV rooms I'll just request even #'d rooms near the northern end and hope for the best.

I figure that I will get lucky at least some of the times but it is worth the points savings to gamble.

So glad to see this thread! We have a two bedroom lock off reserved for March, and I might actually call and request an "area"! The CM at MS did tell me that a lot of the Lake rooms can see the castle and fireworks, so that was enough for me to chance it!

I think there is at least one or two standard studios on the fourth floor. Is this the floor with the walkway? If so, it would be more convenient probably for two people in scooters. My family has two standard studios reserved and I was wondering what possible requests could be made for their convenience.
Thanks for any input.

Our reservation is for December. When would it be alright for me to make room requests? And who would I call? Member Services?

Thanks

I emailed MS through the member website about a week before we left. They met our request exactly! :thumbsup2

And since this is the room & view thread, we had a 1-bdrm lake view on the fourth floor. It was 7435, which was the first villa on the left past the south elevators.

Our view straight out:
bltview2.jpg

To the left:
bltview.jpg

And to the right:
bltview3.jpg

I think there is at least one or two standard studios on the fourth floor. Is this the floor with the walkway?

Actually, the 5th floor of BLT has the walkway (attaches to the 4th floor of the Contemporary).

stayed in 2 BR Lake view villa last week- had to be moved once. Both rooms on 11th floor.

8117- pretty much directly center of building, great view of pool area and lake. However, WATER PROBLEM of unknown origin in the 2nd bedroom, between the bed furthest from the windows and the bathroom wall. Water seeped in to the carpet for 4 days straight, they would suck it up or put a fan on it and it would reappear later. We feared mold issues and had to ask to be moved (despite reporting problem repeatedly). I would refuse this room!!

8129- closer to the bank of elevators closest to contemp, nice pool and lake view. proximity to elevators made it really convenient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter