BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

JennG said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by work2play

No there are only 2 choices for 1 BR MK view, XX20 or XX26 and they have about the same view.

When did it change to limit just to those 2 rooms? I'm assuming with the shift of points to standard rooms?

Speaking of which, is there an updated map showing the new allocation of rooms as it looks like there are many more TPV rooms. And, I think I need t double check from my last trip but according to the map on page 1, it appears I was given a standard room when I "paid" for LV unless of course they shifted some of those standard rooms to LV.

It's still more than 2 rooms but any mk view 1br room number will end in 20 or 26.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I posted this on the resort thread for CR and BLT and KOOK suggested I post it here too :thumbsup2

"On that note, I've been looking through this thread to check out the different views/locations. I was looking at some of the pictures from the rooms that would be dedicated 2 bedroom and theme park view. (We've requested a dedicated due to the bed layout.) My question is....is there really a difference between a room ending in 16 and a room ending in 30? I know the building curves, so I'm wondering if the rooms ending in 30 would require you to lean out over the balcony railing to really have a good "view" of the MK? It's sometimes hard to tell based on someone's pictures because you don't know if they zoomed or if there were some body gymnastics that took place to get the shot Thanks!!!"

Does anyone have any personal experience staying in both? Thanks for any help you can provide!

I posted this on the resort thread for CR and BLT and KOOK suggested I post it here too :thumbsup2

"On that note, I've been looking through this thread to check out the different views/locations. I was looking at some of the pictures from the rooms that would be dedicated 2 bedroom and theme park view. (We've requested a dedicated due to the bed layout.) My question is....is there really a difference between a room ending in 16 and a room ending in 30? I know the building curves, so I'm wondering if the rooms ending in 30 would require you to lean out over the balcony railing to really have a good "view" of the MK? It's sometimes hard to tell based on someone's pictures because you don't know if they zoomed or if there were some body gymnastics that took place to get the shot Thanks!!!"

Does anyone have any personal experience staying in both? Thanks for any help you can provide!

If you go to the first post in this thread you can find several pics linked for rooms ending in those numbers! Many have text with them that explains if leaning was necessary etc!

We got back a couple of weeks ago from another nice stay at BLT. A 1BR LV on the South outside end of the "C". We were in room 8134 which is marked here:

This was our beautiful view from the balcony, overlooking the Contemporary pools, marina and majestic Wilderness Lodge in the near distance, with Swan & Dolphin & Spaceship Earth in the far distance.

Looking to the right revealed a view of the monorail as well as Seven Seas Lagoon and the Grand Floridian.

Here's a picture of the pool at night from our hallway:

And from the covered walkway, a beautiful full moon over Bay Lake.

It was yet another great trip staying at this lovely resort. :thumbsup2

Nice pics granny! That's the view I wanted/requested when we stayed there, but we got the other side of the hallway on the inside of the C. View wasn't nearly as nice.

We were a few floors below you on our last trip and this was a great spot.

Just wanted to say thanks, this thread helped me pick where we wanted to be and we got our requests.. :)

Standard Studio room 7132,
ground floor view of Contemporary.

It was a very nice location, and I would stay there again.

View
file_zpsabacff8a.jpg

Panoramic View
file_zps35d95039.jpg

This is almost the first sight that meets you when entering villa 8424 in BLT.
Having seen a number of other GV at other DVC resort, I am still of the opinion that Grand has it's own meaning when you step into a GV at BLT with a MK view for the first time.
We had a lovely 8 day stay earlier this year, and although there are plenty of pictures posted for Villa 8424. I will add one of my own.
This is the view, no zoom or wide angel used.
BLTview.jpg

not long back from our second stay, 2 bedroom lock off, standard view, rooms 7318 and 7320. No zoom used, this was from bedroom in 7320

Question for those renting points, can you make room requests? We are planning to rent and stay here next fall, am debating between std view or lake view but I see some people have gotten partial MK view so how does that work? So excited to stay here!

BLT owner....I just love checking out this thread once in a while and seeing the great photos of Bay Lake Tower....:thumbsup2

I wish I could go every year....but so many other resorts. I want to see!

We have a cash studio booked at BLT for dec 30th ... According to the map there are not too many of those rooms correct (just want to make sure I get MK view when we get there ... Paid over $800 for just that one night to see the fireworks and enjoy Hollywood studios with out being rushed to find a spot at MK due to crowds)

We have a cash studio booked at BLT for dec 30th ... According to the map there are not too many of those rooms correct (just want to make sure I get MK view when we get there ... Paid over $800 for just that one night to see the fireworks and enjoy Hollywood studios with out being rushed to find a spot at MK due to crowds)

Do you have a theme park view room booked??

yes ... sorry
I have a MK Theme Park View Studio booked
Just want to make sure that when we check in they do not try to give us a view that is not MK Theme Park View ... if I am reading the map correctly on the first post there are only 16 studios that are MK Theme Park View correct ????

yes ... sorry
Just want to make sure that when we check in they do not try to give us a view that is not MK Theme Park View ... if I am reading the map correctly on the first post there are only 16 studios that are MK Theme Park View correct ????

you want one on the north side - so only 8 (room 18 no matter what floor) now room 28 might still be okay - but it faces mores the CR than the MK.

Question for those renting points, can you make room requests? We are planning to rent and stay here next fall, am debating between std view or lake view but I see some people have gotten partial MK view so how does that work? So excited to stay here!

Dont know if you got your question answered elsewhere. Yes, you can make room requests, but not directly. The person you're renting from can make the requests on your behalf. Some may not go through the hassle, it's not "part" of the rental agreement. But some may not mind.

In terms of what to request, there are plenty of suggestions here. To get a partial MK view, for lake view, outer ring north side. For standard, outer ring west or north side. Of course many people request the same things, so don't be disappointed if you don't get it (we didn't). But good luck!

yes ... sorry

Then the room number should end in 18 or 28.

DH and I just stayed at BLT for the 1st time. We had lake view studio 7532.

We found it to be a noisy resort as you will hear the Wishes sound being piped into the Skyway bridge and the water pageant thing is loud...plus sounds seem to just carry at this resort. We requested a studio near the Skyway bridge and got the 1st one right off of it (lake view). It was great view and great to hop over to CR (for monorail or food or shopping) but it was probably not the quietest location. I will say that we did like the studio layout and didn't find it too small like some folks say (though it was just 2 of us). I also like the theme/feel/atmosphere of BLT and many folks don't like that. We enjoyed watching Wishes from TOTWL one night too...that's neat. Here are our pics (sorry they are so big):

Room #-
1392436_10201642578297702_1313936791_n.jpg

View from our balcony- to the right
1424315_10201642577457681_1853235936_n.jpg

view- to the left
994385_10201642601818290_956538421_n.jpg

looking at DH on balcony from bridge
1378836_10201642578577709_80224478_n.jpg

from doorway
805_10201642602898317_1809084329_n.jpg

kitchenette- which we loved
1379801_10201642602658311_1475864351_n.jpg

bed area
68101_10201642602378304_1021913296_n.jpg

towards doorway
1150800_10201642602098297_1496139870_n.jpg

bathroom
601435_10201642601498282_1391450175_n.jpg

DH and I just stayed at BLT for the 1st time. We had lake view studio 7532.

Thanks for posting! DH and I are staying in a LV Studio in December (previously stayed in a 1 bdrm). Can you confirm for me that there is a small night stand on both sides of the bed? Have to admit it is a major annoyance to us that most studios have no shelf/stand on the "wall side" of the bed ~ really, like that person never wants water or a place to put a book...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter