BLT Recent Stay

Mickey

Dis Veteran
We are on are way home from a 12 night stay at Bay Lake Tower (2 nights in a Studio and 10 nights in a 1 Bedroom). If I could think of one word that describes BLT, it would be amazing! :thumbsup2

I have seen several posts from great to not so great, but I can say that our stay at BLT was awesome. Our 1st two nights were in a studio on the 6th floor overlooking the pool. We then had a one bedroom on the North Side on the 9th floor, room 7904 for 10 nights. The view was a lake view, but it was more than that. We had an awesome lake view, but to the left we had an awesome view of the Magic Kingdom and the fireworks at night. In the morning we got the beautiful sunrise hitting the water, and in the evening we got the spectacular fireworks from our room, or the Top of the World. I have been going to Disney for over 14 years now, and this is the first time I went 12 for 12 for fireworks. :banana:

The room was amazing and we absolutely loved the living room windows! It was great to sit in your living room and see the water and MK right outside your window. Our room was prefect and very clean when we arrived. We had no issues, with the exception of some missing plates which they immediately replaced. If there was one thing I could say was different it would be the sliding doors on the Bathrooms with no locks. Although it wasn’t an issue for us, I thought that was rather odd. :confused3

On day one we went to the Top of the World, and we went up there three other times after that. I hope in the future they have more of a selection for food, but other than that we loved it. It was very relaxing to sit in the lounge area. The other thing I hope they change in the future is being able to key your card to go up there. If you visit the BLT, don’t missing viewing the fireworks from up there for one night.

When we were there I overheard people complaining of the walk from BLT to the contemporary, not sure why. I was on the North Side, which is probably the furthest point from the Contemporary and it probably took me less than 3 minutes to get to the Food Court. No further than if you were at Wilderness Lodge or Beach Club in my opinion. Also, the walk was rather nice, walking over the Bridge and seeing the Castle every morning, what more could you ask for!

We enjoyed the pool while we were there, and we also went over to the Contemporary to use that pool. We only stayed for a bit and went immediately back to the BLT pool. We really enjoyed the BLT pool more than the Contemporary, personal preference.

We also enjoyed the walk from the BLT to the Magic Kingdom, which was probably less than 10 minutes.

We can’t wait for our next visit back there.

Glad you had a great trip! We love the resort and I can't wait to go back next summer.

We also stayed in a 1 bedroom this summer, #7604 so we had the same view but from a lower floor.

I also think the walk to the CR is pretty easy and you are right, I found it no longer than what it took me to walk to both the Marketplace at BCV and Roaring Forks at VWL.

How does the food and drink work at the BLT lounge? Is it complimentary? Or do you pay as you go? We were excited to hear of that perk, so either way is good for us. Thanks.:cloud9:

How does the food and drink work at the BLT lounge? Is it complimentary? Or do you pay as you go? We were excited to hear of that perk, so either way is good for us. Thanks.:cloud9:
You will pay for any food or drink ordered at TOWL. the menu is small and consist mainly of flatbreads.

I agree - BLT is fabulous! We loved our first stay there. Re: the walk from BLT to the contemporary.... People will complain about anything.

OP - thanks for the info:), hope we get assigned one w/bit of MK view (or better yet our waitlist for MKview comes thru;))

did u ask particular view, upper floor, etc. or just luck out with such a great room?

The walk from BLT to the Contemporary is a piece of cake. Besides, anyone who goes to WDW or DL and doesn't expect to do some walking is setting themselves up for disappointment.

We are on are way home from a 12 night stay at Bay Lake Tower (2 nights in a Studio and 10 nights in a 1 Bedroom). If I could think of one word that describes BLT, it would be amazing! :thumbsup2

We were there as well! From the 23rd -28th and we stayed in a 1 BDR MKV (8020). Five for five for the fireworks as well...twice from out room and the other times from TOTWL. This was our second stay and we love it there! Glad you had a nice trip!

Thanks, all for the info on the BLT Lounge. Any other tips/hints for us? First time staying at our brand new DVC property. :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for the review. Glad to hear that you were very pleased with the resort. We aren't going until next June for our first trip home, but I just can't enough of reading about other's thoughts and experiences before we go! Glad you trip was awesome. :goodvibes

Thanks so much for the review. Glad to hear that you were very pleased with the resort. We aren't going until next June for our first trip home, but I just can't enough of reading about other's thoughts and experiences before we go! Glad you trip was awesome. :goodvibes

Ditto mdsd, waiting on next June for first trip home, can't wait!!:hyper:
It was bad enough when I started planning trips 6 months out. Now that I can book at 11 months, I don't know if I can take it. Anyway, good stuff OP, glad you had a good trip. :wave2:

We can’t wait for our next visit back there.

Oh what a wonderfully encouraging report when most of the others are so negative! Pictures Please! Would love to see the view from that room!

:surfweb:

Excited to check it out ourselves this Friday. We usually stay at SSR so this will be a treat. Glad to hear positive reviews. I agree, who doesn't expect to walk at WDW. I figure I need the extra exercise to counter all the great food I eat.

Just back from BLT. Beautiful resort....I'm not currently DVC(was in the past, but had to sell due to family illness restricting our travel) but once you go in a one bedroom, you just can't go back to a regular hotel room.

Some minor problems, air conditioner "sensors" stopped working on day 3. Found out from maintenance that he had bypassed the sensors for the last three occupants in that room(7343) since the sensors are "under warranty" and he couldn't do anything but bypass. The bypass only works for 3 days, so the next person is going to have to call to get them bypassed. Not nice to come back to a room that was 88 degrees, but luckily it cooled down fast.

The one entrance(not the main, the one by the elevator) at night is COVERED with bugs on the interior wall. Not sure what they could do about it, but it was pretty nasty to walk past. They are gone by morning, but there in force at night.

LOVE the size of the kitchen/living room area. Nice to see that it would accommodate a family of 5.

The view of Bay Lake was lovely. I'm still partial to the Epcot resorts, but this was a nice change of pace and I wouldn't hesitate to go back there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter