BLT or Villas at GF

bridgetmck

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

So we have a booking dilemma... planning a trip for April. It was originally myself, DH and our 2 boys. Now, my parents want to join us. So we have a few booking options and I'm so confused as to which would be best.

1. 5 nights at BLT; 3 nights at AK
2. 4 nights at GFV; 4 nights at AK
3. IT DOESN't REALLY MATTER---IT'S WDW!!!

Mainly, I would like to know if the 2 bdrms at GFV are nicer, roomier, etc than the 2 bdrms at BLT.

TIA

Well I am not much help here except to say I have read on the boards that the BLT is getting a little tired looking inside. We stayed at GFV and really enjoyed it but enjoy Epcot area resorts more...CAn''t comment on the 2 bedrooms, we just had the 1 bedroom but loved it.

It may come down to what you can get. If you are talking early April, you are running into Easter. VGF is a very small resort. BLT is a larger resort and you might have a better chance getting a lake view there.

Go here for information on all the resorts including sq ft and room layouts: http://www.disboards.com/threads/dv...-room-info-floor-plans.3434753/#post-54156359. VGF 2BR is about 80 sq ft larger than BLT with half of that difference in the second bedroom. However, BLT is quite roomy and it does have three bathrooms to VGF's two. You are now less than 7 months out to most dates in April. Any DVC member can reserve any DVC resort once you reach 7 months out and, even though there are likely many dates still open for BLT and VGF 2BRs, you should assume that those could disappear quickly, and if you want to reserve, you should be doing that immediately. Be aware in your AKL choice that the Kidani 2BRs are about 100 sqft larger than the ones in Jambo and those Kidani rooms have 3 bathrooms while Jambo is only two.

I think either would be lovely. Early April is already pretty booked for next year so move quick.

Thanks all. Our home resort is VGF. Since we are going in late April, there were 2 Bdrms still available at both. Since our party increased, the one Bdrm I had originally booked would no longer be sufficient. So, end result is 4 nights at VGF. Then the 4 of us will spend 4 nights at AK Jambo in a Savannah view studio.

we own at BLT and have stayed at VGF - the villas are so much nicer and overall a bit quieter. BLT has more of a vibe and hum with all the activity around. I would do VGF and do it at the end...you will be more relaxed.

Not trying to hijack a thread but I was just getting ready to pose the same question!

The idea of VGF (overall resort look and feel) is much more appealing than BLT but the closeness to MK is pretty awesome. We are thinking late May/early June for a 2 bedroom. The 7 month window is almost here! Need to get decisions made!

Quick question - how about the kid amenities? We have a 2 and 5 year old. I hear the VGF splash pad is fabulous. What about the little kid pool at BLT?

BLT is great. I haven't stayed in GF, but we loved being on the monorail at BLT and the walk to Magic Kingdom is unbeatable (especially at night when the monorail is crowded). It seems the monorail hike for GF is a little further, but I have not heard of anyone really being too concerned about that.

We just got back from a stay at VGF in a 1 bedroom. It was wonderful. It was very quiet and relaxing. The CMs in both the DVC building and the main building were very friendly and helpful. The splash pad at VGF is really cute. Alice in Wonderland themed. We also used the zero entry pool closest to the DVC building. My husbnad really enjoyed the bar that is at that pool. The walk to the monorail takes a few minutes, but it wasn't bad at all and is completely covered the whole way. The beds were great and I never heard any of the other guests around me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter