• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT-opening expectation???

hmmerr02

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! What should my expectations be if I'm able to secure a reservation during the first weeks fo September. Will everything be complete and open? I'll be taking two little ones and noise leve, pools, food service...all of that is important to us in our choice of where to stay. What do you think the first weeks will be like?

at Akv the only complaints were with the GV. they were not ready.

you are taking a chance.

it generally takes at least a month to work out all the little problems.

that say if you are the first member who check in - you get some stuff!!!

the eating areas will be the CR. taking little ones to WDW - definitely would go with BLT. you can't get any closer to the MK.

There is no certainty at this time that BLT will even be open the first two weeks of September. Disney has not yet set a firm opening date and has thus far specifically left it vague as "fall 2009." Many have mentioned a Sep 1 opening date but Disney has yet to officially confirm that.

When it opens, everything should be done, although possibly there could still be some internal work on some units.

One of the reasons Sep 1 has been assumed by many is that Disney applied for operating permits for the resort, restaurant, pool, roof lounge, etc. which are all to go into effect Sep 1.

the reason am assuming Sept 1 - is that when the fees will start.

dvc can't charge member fees unless the resort is open.

Thanks for the update. I assumed that Sept 1 was a hard date. I know this has been asked a 1000 times already, but what is the date for reservations for non-BLT owners?

march 15 - for non-BLT owners.

this it is only until Sept 15, 2009 then 7 month period is effective.

Is there going to be a separate restaurant or food service in the building? I thought that was one of the reasons they opened the quick service area on the concourse.

Is there going to be a separate restaurant or food service in the building? I thought that was one of the reasons they opened the quick service area on the concourse.
There will be no additional dining at BLT except for what may be available from the Bay Cove Pool Bar.

Will the pool area be open/functioning? Do you think that the DVC pool will be crowded with regular Contemporary guests? (given the fact that the other pool leaves a little to be desired, you know? Give me odds guys...non owner trying to get a ressie for labor day week.....what do you think?

Will the pool area be open/functioning? Do you think that the DVC pool will be crowded with regular Contemporary guests? (given the fact that the other pool leaves a little to be desired, you know? Give me odds guys...non owner trying to get a ressie for labor day week.....what do you think?

From what my guide told me.... BLT occupants can use all of the Contemporary Resort facilities including the pool....

BUT the Contemporary guests will not be able to use the BLT facilities and that includes the pool.

From what my guide told me.... BLT occupants can use all of the Contemporary Resort facilities including the pool....

BUT the Contemporary guests will not be able to use the BLT facilities and that includes the pool.

I'm glad to hear it....but how will they know who is who? I don't think any of the other split resorts do this, do they?

I'm also wondering if I'll be able to get a non owner ressie for Oct 14-17, I should be able to try on March 15 also, right? It's going to be our first time to WDW and a short stay with young kids, so I'd like to be close to MK. I'm hoping for VWL but thought I'd try BLT first just in case...
Also, I want a 1 BR, wonder if I'd have better luck with those due to points?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter