BLT, OKW, or SSR?

Native NYer

DIS Veteran
We are currently planning our annual August vacation. We are DVC members and own at BLT. Right now, we have a 12 night reservation (2 nights cash, 10 nights points) at BLT in a 1 bedroom lake view. We stayed at BLT last month and loved it. Then, I started looking into SSR and OKW. We could also do 12 nights in a 2 bedroom at OKW or SSR. Would you opt for more space at SSR or OKW? Or less space, but closer to the MK?

TIA :flower3:

We are currently planning our annual August vacation. We are DVC members and own at BLT. Right now, we have a 12 night reservation (2 nights cash, 10 nights points) at BLT in a 1 bedroom lake view. We stayed at BLT last month and loved it. Then, I started looking into SSR and OKW. We could also do 12 nights in a 2 bedroom at OKW or SSR. Would you opt for more space at SSR or OKW? Or less space, but closer to the MK?

TIA :flower3:

;) I might be the wrong person to ask but I would go with SSR or OKW. The space in a 2 bedroom is amazing. Plus you won't have to pay cash for 2 of your nights as the points are way lower, especially at OKW. Branch out baybee, you won't be sorry. :goodvibes Have you thought about the THV?

;) I might be the wrong person to ask but I would go with SSR or OKW. The space in a 2 bedroom is amazing. Plus you won't have to pay cash for 2 of your nights as the points are way lower, especially at OKW. Branch out baybee, you won't be sorry. :goodvibes Have you thought about the THV?

I totally agree with you!!!:thumbsup2

The rooms at OKW are larger than SSR. SSR's rooms are closer to the other resorts size wise. If you want to choose between the two, I would take OKW. Unless you can get a THV.

Both are pretty secluded as far as distance to the parks, which could be good or bad, depending on what you are looking for. Since you will be there 12 nights, would you consider a split stay?

We have points at SSR and BLT..we've stayed at SSR twice and BLT for the first time this past August. Honestly, if you're looking for quiet, peaceful accomodations and the chance to get into your room a little early on checkin day, then go to SSR. However, BLT just can't be beat for convenience. You can walk to MK, you have all of the monorail hotels just a quick stop away, and you can get to Epcot without taking the bus! We found this convenience to be so wonderful. We still love SSR, but BLT is in a much better location. We did have to wait until 4:15 to get into our room, even though we arrived at the resort at 10:30am!!! (I know, I know, they don't guarantee it till 4:00 anyway) Happy decision making!!!!!

blt is wonderfully - but if you need to save points OKW or AKV - standard and value views are very reasonable. BWV even has standard.

now that does not mean you can get standard or value at either BWV or AKV - but you never know until you try.

have gotten AKV - value studio fairly often. most members don;t want to take a chance on getting a parking lot view. but since more interested in saving points and being at a great place. It works for me.

My advice is to stay at all the resorts (not at once). My home resort is BWV but I've stayed at AKL, BCV, WLV, BWV, Saratoga Springs and Old key West. Next Summer I will stay at BLT and Kidani village. Then I will only have THV to check out. I find every resort an adventure:)

My advice is to stay at all the resorts (not at once). My home resort is BWV but I've stayed at AKL, BCV, WLV, BWV, Saratoga Springs and Old key West. Next Summer I will stay at BLT and Kidani village. Then I will only have THV to check out. I find every resort an adventure:)

you might consider HH and VB too,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter