BLT models at SSR torn down

nolanboys

DIS Veteran
Saw on another site that the BLT models have been torn down and there is new construction going on. Lots of speculation as to what is being built in their place....GF models?

We ask a DVC kiosk rep (don't remember where) about the BLT models in October and he called and found they were closed and removed and remodeling was going on. He just smiled when we asked if the remodel was for the GF models.

I wonder if it is for Aulani (however GF is a great guess too). I say this because we were at Doorway To Dreams yesterday adding on points. They still had the BLT 1 bedroom showing....I asked if they had any Aulani rooms available to see and the guide said no, but that may be a possibility in the future :confused3

I wonder if it is for Aulani (however GF is a great guess too). I say this because we were at Doorway To Dreams yesterday adding on points. They still had the BLT 1 bedroom showing....I asked if they had any Aulani rooms available to see and the guide said no, but that may be a possibility in the future :confused3

Aulani models have already been at the SSR preview center for awhile.

There have been a few posts on various Disney web sites claiming DVD was trying various VGF mock ups at the SSR preview center. Bringing in various groups to give the thumbs up/down on different design concepts.

Aulani models have already been at the SSR preview center for awhile.

There have been a few posts on various Disney web sites claiming DVD was trying various VGF mock ups at the SSR preview center. Bringing in various groups to give the thumbs up/down on different design concepts.

That's a good idea, maybe they will not make the same mistake as BLT with the bathroom sink.

I saw the Aulani model out at DL and it looked awesome!

That doesn't surprise me at all. Disney does a lot of pre-planning in lots of different ways prior t shovels hitting the ground.

I can't wait to see what the GFV will look like!

I saw the Aulani out at DL and I was wondering as I forgot to ask are the model room dimensions true to size at the resort? I was deifnitely glad to see them because the studio was way too small for the 4 of us. Now that we have a teenager and a 10 year old we need one bedroom at least. 2 bathrooms would be nice but not sure if we would get that. We were in hotel at the DL hotel for 5 nights and those rooms are tiny. The bathrooms were a good size but it is tough being in there and going to bed all at the same time and waking up at the same time. I guess, I've been spoiled with timesharing.... Call in 14 days to see if I can get a room at the Aulani. We'll definitely take the studio if that is all that is available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter