• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT MK view room...REALLY MK view?

Jennasis

DIS life goes on
Booked a studio, MK view room this September. Will the view really be of the Mk or will it likely be a partial, out of the corner of your eye type view?

We have stayed twice in studios and once in a 2 bedroom. All of them were magic kingdom view and in our case,they were really magic kingdom view. You should request highest floor possible. Sending some pixie dust your way. Enjoy your trip!!:wizard:

You can check out the views here:
disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2257082

Fyi, DVC adjusted BLT's 2013 point chart as they moved 10 rooms (I'm guessing 5 studios and 5 1BR's from the lower floors) from MK view to Standard view so in 2012 its possible to be assigned one of those sub-standard view rooms.

Booked a studio, MK view room this September. Will the view really be of the Mk or will it likely be a partial, out of the corner of your eye type view?

i stayed in a lake view room and it was a partial MK view.

you'll probably be fine...

Here's the view from what is the second worst MK view studio. It is located on the 4th floor:

p114289543-4.jpg

Depending on the recategorization it either won't be part of MK view any more or it will probably become the worst MK view. Currently the studio below it is also MK view and is what I would call the worst MK view studio.

So you can see the MK from all the MK rooms but not all views are created equal.

You didn't book a MK view because that doesn't exist. You booked a theme park view. And I'm gonna bet you will be able to see some of the theme park, but probably not the part you want.

It's funny, every time this topic comes up, KAT4DISNEY and I seem to chime in because we had the exact same room! ;) You can tell in the picture that you need to go onto the balcony and look hard to the right to see the MK. We had asked for a high floor and got this room instead (4th floor, I believe). In our case, it was our 10th anniversary trip so it would have been nice to have something wth more of a view. To top it off, we did a split stay with BLT/BWV and our Boardwalk view room, while better, was on the second floor with the dreaded solid balcony meaning you had to stand to see anything. We have not had the best luck with our requests...

Here's the view from what is the second worst MK view studio. It is located on the 4th floor:

p114289543-4.jpg

Depending on the recategorization it either won't be part of MK view any more or it will probably become the worst MK view. Currently the studio below it is also MK view and is what I would call the worst MK view studio.

So you can see the MK from all the MK rooms but not all views are created equal.

For a "bad" view, that's not all that bad. It's not as awesome as the 9th floor room at the CR we had on my honeymoon back in 2005, I'll give you that!

You didn't book a MK view because that doesn't exist. You booked a theme park view. And I'm gonna bet you will be able to see some of the theme park, but probably not the part you want.

Apologies. I referred to it that way because the POINT CHART at wdwinfo (the link you can click at the top of THIS page) has it listed that way. Perhaps you should write a note to those who run the site and inform them of their mistake?

request as high as possible.

when you check in if the floor number is not above 7 - ask them to try again.

7 would be 77 the first part of your room.

The MK view studio room numbers are either xx18 or xx28. The studios with room numbers ending xx18 face more toward the northwest and face the Magic Kingdom head on. The studios with room numbers ending xx28 face a little bit more to the southwest, and the Magic Kingdom is off-center to your right. In my opinion, both views are very nice. Judging by the view from Kat4Disney's photo, I would guess she was in 7328 or 7428.

By the way, there are a lot of old timers (circa 2009) on this board who still refer to the Theme Park View as the MK View. Everyone knows what you are talking about when you say MK or TP view, but old habits are hard to break.

Have fun enjoying your MK or Theme Park View Studio. We think BLT is a great resort!!

...Apologies. I referred to it that way because the POINT CHART at wdwinfo (the link you can click at the top of THIS page) has it listed that way. Perhaps you should write a note to those who run the site and inform them of their mistake?

I usually look my information up on the DVC website. They changed the name of the view shortly after the resort opened because of people complaining about not getting a dead on view of the MK. So they changed it to TPV. So the themepark also includes the drive up to the entrance, the monorail into the park, etc., not just Cinderella Castle.

I will suggest that the webmaster change the name to TPV from MKV to be true to DVC terminology.

p114289543-4.jpg

That would make me cry to use all those points for that! LOL. My MIL stayed one floor below that. They looked out their balcony and saw that overhang. LOL

i stayed in a lake view room and it was a partial MK view.

you'll probably be fine...

We did the same thing! We booked lake view then made requests. North side high even numbers (we also requested 5th floor because of the walk ways being there) we ended up in the same room both times we did the request. I hate the idea of so many points out for Theme park view so if I get it great if not its ok too we have had odd numbers and looked out to bay lake and the pool which was nice too, but we were so happy when we found out what requests to make and then they were granted it was amazing to watch fireworks on our balcony at night and still have only booked a lake view.

We have stayed at BLT twice both times in a 2 bedroom. The first time we had a "theme park view" and were on the 8th floor the first room next to the elevators (the walkway elevators). I thought the view was not worth it and was disappointed. We really had a view of the Contemporary and the monorail. We went again over Thanksgiving and had a Lake view. My only request was high floor. We had a wonderful view of the Magic Kingdom. Honestly, I thought it was better than our official "theme park view" room. We were on the 14th floor this time, an even numbered room. It was the very last room at the end of the hallway. I would never use points for a theme park view again.

We had our reservation booked by a DVC member for us (a relative). He did the booking online. Can he go back in to the online system and add in requests for us?

We had our reservation booked by a DVC member for us (a relative). He did the booking online. Can he go back in to the online system and add in requests for us?

You can't do requests online yet. He will have to call Member Services to add your requests.

Its one of the things I don't get. Maybe I'm one of those "see the worst" types but when I look out, even from the balcony at California Grill, I see the tops of buildings with a castle and Space Mountain in it. Disney did such a wonderful job maintaining illusions that I really dislike 'high' views of any of the theme parks because it breaks the illusion for me. I like Kat's photo as much as I've like anything, because you don't see tops of buildings.

But then, I didn't book Boardwalk View until they got rid of the hideous Mickey hand over Spaceship Earth, and wouldn't stay in BCV because of the ugly couch - I'm probably unreasonably picky.

It's funny, every time this topic comes up, KAT4DISNEY and I seem to chime in because we had the exact same room! ;) You can tell in the picture that you need to go onto the balcony and look hard to the right to see the MK. We had asked for a high floor and got this room instead (4th floor, I believe). In our case, it was our 10th anniversary trip so it would have been nice to have something wth more of a view. To top it off, we did a split stay with BLT/BWV and our Boardwalk view room, while better, was on the second floor with the dreaded solid balcony meaning you had to stand to see anything. We have not had the best luck with our requests...

And we've had 2 BWV boardwalk view stays and both times we've had second floor - solid wall! :rotfl:

Judging by the view from Kat4Disney's photo, I would guess she was in 7328 or 7428.

7428 is correct. :thumbsup2

That would make me cry to use all those points for that! LOL. My MIL stayed one floor below that. They looked out their balcony and saw that overhang. LOL

Oh no - the worst MK view studio! The studio pictured was my first at BLT and made me very nervous for a 2BR MK view I already had booked for the upcoming Dec. Thankfully that room was all you might expect from MK view. It is a category that makes me nervous to book though.

We're here right now in 8408, which is a lake view studio and we have an incredible view of MK to the left. You walk out on the balcony and there it is. We can't see it from the room itself, but we're thrilled!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter