BLT Lounge Questions

There is only a small amount of the frosted glass left, most of it is already gone. the roof over the walkway is covered, I really can't see much rain getting in, unless it is one of those sideways blowing rains :scared: In fact there was thunderstorm activity last night when we were there and the walkway was not wet at all.

One neat thing I learned that I had not noticed from the pictures that have been posted is that the walkway starts on the 4th floor at CR and gradually inclines up to the 5th floor at BLT. The incline is very slight and you hardly notice it while walking across.

Well I'm confused about the walk way:confused3 If they take the glass down and make it all open, then it will be exposed to the frequent driving rains and storms - I thought that was supposed to be our 'entrance' to BLT once we checked in at CR. So in bad weather we have to check in at CR and then walk across that long, wet walkway, or else walk our luggage over to BLT outside? And during Wishes it will surely get jammed with people trying to watch the fireworks from there. That doesn't make any sense to me - I thought the frosted glass was such a great idea. Am I missing something?!

I still predict much weeping and gnashing of teeth as would-be fireworks viewers are turned away...

I was just up there today on a tour... and the observation deck in front of lounge is large and watching the fireworks from there will be fine for an Adult which can see over the 4 foot wall.

But the little ones will be just looking at a 4 foot wall.
There was a 6/7 year old on the deck while I was there that tried to climb the wall because she wanted to see too. All the adults were all "oooohhhing and ahhhhhing" over the view.
The child was stopped and then picked up, so she could look. But I can see that being an issue for families with little ones.

Maybe Disney will add a bench or bleacher along the back of the deck, away from the edge for the little ones. That would help that situation a great deal.

I didn't see one there today.

A little internet searching and I found a picture of the other side of the Viewing area to the side of the lounge.

Bay-Lake-Tower-at-Disneys-Contemporary-Resort_Thumb_7779.jpg

There are benches along the back. This is good. It will help with the kids.

A little internet searching and I found a picture of the other side of the Viewing area to the side of the lounge.

Bay-Lake-Tower-at-Disneys-Contemporary-Resort_Thumb_7779.jpg

There are benches along the back. This is good. It will help with the kids.

Nice picture, thanks for posting. :thumbsup2

One thing I am curious about whether the observation deck also faces the Bay Lake side? From the BLT pictures I saw from the Bay Lake view, it looked like you could see EPCOT quite well from the upper levels. I bet you could also see the high level fireworks from Illuminations from that vantage point ....

Still confused about this restricted access thing for the lounge. I'm a DVC member (owning at BCV). I'm staying at BLT in Aug with family (non-dvc members), paying cash (used the 4 for 3 deal).

Will they let someone who spent almost as much new 150 points contract :rotfl: for a 2bd and Studio for the week for a grand gathering in their lounge in the hotel they are staying at???? :eek:

It didn't look like the observation deck wraps around.
However if your room has a lake view and is on the 'Epcot' side then Yes, you should be able to see those fireworks.

The Grand Villa we visited, faced EPCOT and DHS, and we could see the globe clearly.

As far as who is allowed on the observation deck, we were told by the DVC CM's running the tour that Only DVC Members staying on Points will be allowed into the lounge and deck area.

There is a card slot reader at the door to the whole area.

But how long this rule will stay like that or if that will be the real rule on Aug 7th, we will just have to wait and see.

Still confused about this restricted access thing for the lounge. I'm a DVC member (owning at BCV). I'm staying at BLT in Aug with family (non-dvc members), paying cash (used the 4 for 3 deal).

Will they let someone who spent almost as much new 150 points contract :rotfl: for a 2bd and Studio for the week for a grand gathering in their lounge in the hotel they are staying at???? :eek:

If you paid cash under 4 for 3, you will be considered a non-member for this stay. You will not get free internet but you will get daily housekeeping. You could try to get into the lounge with your member card & room key, perhaps they will let you in but officially you are not entitled to it, especially if you are trying to get a large group in.

Well hopefully that will not be necessary :scared1: but I am always willing to

believe folks will do the right thing......:rolleyes: although I do wonder

what reaction will be if BLT lounge ends up like Attic at BWV :eek: ??

What's the Attic at BWV? :confused3 (never mind...found the answer in a later post.)

ETA: We've been BWV home resort owners for almost 10 years and never knew about the Attic. Must have been a very well kept secret!

I just spoke to my sales rep yesterday and he confirmed that the Top of the World Lounge will be for BLT owners only. He said, it was to ensure BLT owners have a special place of their own and wont be "crowded out" by non-BLT owners staying at Bay Lake Towers.

I just spoke to my sales rep yesterday and he confirmed that the Top of the World Lounge will be for BLT owners only. He said, it was to ensure BLT owners have a special place of their own and wont be "crowded out" by non-BLT owners staying at Bay Lake Towers.

I honestly have to say that this is probably the right thing to do! If they let any DVC Member stay there, it would be too crowded too quick! I know it will cause a lot of dissention, but I agree if this is truly the case!

But, how will they know you whether or not you are a BLT owner? I own there and my membership card doesn't indicate that.

Now, I know they can program the KTTW cards differently and possibly plan on only programming DVC member cards to work (vs. cash--like they do for the concierge level--those cards are the only ones that work the elevators).

But, it certainly will be interesting in 3 weeks when it opens!!!

I honestly have to say that this is probably the right thing to do! If they let any DVC Member stay there, it would be too crowded too quick! I know it will cause a lot of dissention, but I agree if this is truly the case!

I am not sure how I feel about the policy. I own at the BLT so I am sure I will love the Top of the World Lounge - I just wonder how many BLT owners will plan on using it on a nightly basis.

I know for my 1st stay at the BLT, I am staying in a 1BR MK view so I will plan on watching the fireworks from my room most nights.

Also, not sure how they will be able to enforce the policy of only BLT owners (that are also staying at the BLT) using the lounge.

But, how will they know you whether or not you are a BLT owner? I own there and my membership card doesn't indicate that.

Now, I know they can program the KTTW cards differently and possibly plan on only programming DVC member cards to work (vs. cash--like they do for the concierge level--those cards are the only ones that work the elevators).

But, it certainly will be interesting in 3 weeks when it opens!!!

I had the same question - maybe something as simple as a special card when you check-in or wrist bands of some kind.

I don't know about this distinction-it seems that some Members are more Magical than others.

I think if I am using my points to stay at BLT I should not be excluded from the lounge because I do not own there. I do not own at BCV but when I stay there on points I can use SAB. In other words, if you are using your points to stay at a DVC location you should be able to reap the benefits of whatever that resort has to offer. I understand there may be a restrictions on amount of people, so then we should get reservations. It seems like a sales ploy to me, which leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It is different to offer member points or a free cruise or whatever to attract purchasers, but to have an exclusive area for members of that location only does not sit well with me. I do not think it is a good direction to go-what if DVCM decided that only BCV owners could use SAB or only OKW owners could book a grand villa or only SSR owners could book the Treehouse Villas-once they start making those distinctions it diminishes my membership and now structures the points on a pecking order of what benefits you can get from which points.

I am fine with restrictions just not with exclusions.

I am not purchasing BLT points, would love to stay there, but then I will have the disadvantage of the 7 month booking time as opposed to the owners at 11 months. The majority of my points are at BWV-I have never even stayed there-been a member for 11 yrs. and I didn't go to whatever club they had at one time (mentioned in previous posts). I have never felt a part of a specific DVC resort, but rather a member of DVC.

Slippery slope.
Sorry-caught me on a day!:rolleyes1:rolleyes1
Now I am off my soapbox:sick:

Here is a C&P from dvcmember.com under BLT, Recreation and Entertainment.

Top of the World Lounge
Top of the World Lounge is a 77-seat full-service bar offering beverages and light appetizers, and is located on the 16th floor of Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort. Next to the lounge is an observation deck offering unparalleled views of Magic Kingdom® Park. The regular operating hours for the lounge and deck are from 5:00 p.m.-midnight daily (operating hours, access guidelines, and menu are subject to change without notice).

Due to anticipated high demand for this location, access is available only to Disney Vacation Club Members who are staying at Bay Lake Tower using their Membership (Vacation Points or cash), guests staying in the room with that Member, and guests who are staying in a room reserved by a DVC Member with Vacation Points. Access is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.

Top of the World Lounge
Top of the World Lounge is a 77-seat full-service bar offering beverages and light appetizers, and is located on the 16th floor of Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort. Next to the lounge is an observation deck offering unparalleled views of Magic Kingdom® Park. The regular operating hours for the lounge and deck are from 5:00 p.m.-midnight daily (operating hours, access guidelines, and menu are subject to change without notice).

Due to anticipated high demand for this location, access is available only to Disney Vacation Club Members who are staying at Bay Lake Tower using their Membership (Vacation Points or cash), guests staying in the room with that Member, and guests who are staying in a room reserved by a DVC Member with Vacation Points. Access is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Sounds good to me!;) Thanks.

Can't wait to see it first hand in November. It does look like a nice place to have a drink.

Here is a C&P from dvcmember.com under BLT, Recreation and Entertainment.

Top of the World Lounge

That should answer any questions. Looks like renters could get in too.

The only question I see is "Disney Vacation Club Members who are staying at Bay Lake Tower using their Membership (Vacation Points or cash)". Someone had posted that they are staying on a 4/3 deal with CRO, could they get in. It says "using their membership", so does that mean only member cash reservations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter