• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT Laundry Room

RobPickles

Lurking Around
You know what really pisses me off is when people are just plain rude when it comes to the Laundry Room. :laundy:

Twice this trip, my DW went to go do laundry in BLT, put her stuff in and set it all up, stepped out for less than 2 minutes to take my DD2.5 to the bathroom to come back and find our laundry pulled out of the washers and thrown in the corner.

I know she should not technically leave the stuff unattended and before someone says rent a 1BR, yeah I would if we could.

But come on! Two minutes? And this was in the middle of the cycle, not stopped or finished and we were not even using all of the machines. The others were in use by other people. It was almost like they were waiting for you to leave to do it...and then they do not even have the B***S to stick around themselves.

I would never touch someone's stuff even if it was sitting there finished and in the machine without them there to remove it. But what these people did was just uncalled for. It was not even like we could complain, we didn't know who it was who did it - hence this rant. :mad:

Anyone have thoughts either way? Would love to hear some input.

Thanks.

RobPickles said:
You know what really pisses me off is when people are just plain rude when it comes to the Laundry Room. :laundy:

Twice this trip, my DW went to go do laundry in BLT, put her stuff in and set it all up, stepped out for less than 2 minutes to take my DD2.5 to the bathroom to come back and find our laundry pulled out of the washers and thrown in the corner.

I know she should not technically leave the stuff unattended and before someone says rent a 1BR, yeah I would if we could.

But come on! Two minutes? And this was in the middle of the cycle, not stopped or finished and we were not even using all of the machines. The others were in use by other people. It was almost like they were waiting for you to leave to do it...and then they do not even have the B***S to stick around themselves.

I would never touch someone's stuff even if it was sitting there finished and in the machine without them there to remove it. But what these people did was just uncalled for. It was not even like we could complain, we didn't know who it was who did it - hence this rant. :mad:

Thanks.

I never heard of someone taking laundry out in the middle of a cycle. Ever. When it was finished, yes, that happens all the time and doesn't bother me. It was pretty jerky.

I have taken people's laundry out at the Ft wilderness cabins laundry room ONLY if it done and I have waited a good 10 to 15 minutes to see if they are coming back. Most of the times when I have done this over 16 years when I come back 20 minutes later to put my clothes in the dryer the same clothes are still sitting there and I put them back in the washer!:sad2:

My problem is the people who leave the clothes for HOURS! I have never heard of anyone taking clothes out mid cycle that is just wrong!:mad:

I would have waited removed their clothes and put mine back in. Then I'd have waited around to see if they came back and gave them a piece of my mind.

This happened to your DW twice? That's terrible. I've never seen anyone take out clothes that didn't belong to them. The people who did that are incredibly rude.:mad:

I believe you get a can of whoop ******* for something like that. I'd have my can opener ready! That's just not right.

P.S. In the future if we stay in a studio, note to self......Take my laundry home ;)

Yeah it was pretty aggrivating...

Like I said she wasn't gone for more than five minutes. Whatever time it took to take mt DD to the bathroom and back. The restrooms were right down the hall too.

I can understand if she was gone for a LONG time and left them in there just sitting there done, but this was not the case. Apparently it was just one rude person/family.

People just really need to learn to share properly and not be greedy.

boy - that has never happened to me. I even go swimming while the clothes are washing.

so sorry this happened to you.

even when one silly person overloaded the machine and then put in too much laundry detergent..... It was all over the floor. when to the front desk and they called maintence.

now that has happened twice - while I was there. probably the same person....:rotfl:

but I have never had anyone take out my clothes - that is just undisney and rude too.

if it happens to her again - tell her to ask security - lots of time Disney tapes stuff you don't see them taping. would not surprise me if there is a security camera in the laundry room. just because of the nut - that probably costed Disney a pretty penny (since it happened twice) - Pretty sure they would want that person to have lessons before they let him/her near another machine.

boy - never even heard of this happening at Disney. Now at OKW, SSR, bwv and vwl you just leave the clothes and use the other washer/dryer.

the only thing I would think had happened was someone was leaving and needed to do their clothes immediately - but even that is no excuse for even touching someone else things.

if both washers are full and OFF (never when it is on) - and no one is there - you go get a CM to even take the clothes out for you.

did she even ask the people who were there what happened? or were there people there?

I always stay in studio - never had a problem using the laundry mat at any of the DVC resorts.

How horrible and incredibly rude of that person/family for doing that to your DW :sad2:. We have stayed in Studios many times (that is normally what we stay in) and have never had anything like this happen to us. We will be staying at BLT for the first time in a few weeks therefore I will be watching my laundry a bit more closely then previous times.

Hmmm...I would never want to 'touch' anyone's laundry! Did you see anyone after your return who took the machine? Just curious as I would of mentioned something.

I agree, while the washer or dryer was operating, the clothes should not have been removed. However, if the cycle had finished, there is no way to tell how long it had been over...no way to tell if the clothes had been abandoned. They should have waited abou 10 minutes, and if no one returned to claim then, then they could have removed the clothes.

Now, I've only stayed at OKW, and on the trips when I do stay in a studio and use a laundry room there, I sit out near the pool to wait for the laundry. If someone walks into the laundry room, I let them know I am just outside, and the washer should be done in about xx minutes...I tell them is if it stops before then, just give a holler and I'll be right there to remove them.

I'm stunned to hear anybody would remove the clothes mid-cycle. Sure, if you leave them sitting there with the machine done, I can see somebody moving them out. I'd likely wait a few minutes after the cycle ended before moving them. But mid-cycle? OMG, I'd be pissed.

Sorry to hear the news -- hope it didn't put much of a damper on an otherwise great trip! :grouphug:

Never did find out who did it.

There was a person in there the second time around sitting with a laptop, but he said that he had come in to find the clothes already out and he was actually sitting there waiting for a machine himself.

We moved on to AKL Jambo House after that and my DW had done laundry there a few times as well with no incident at all.

I am chocking it up simply to one stupid person and leaving it at that. It has not happened to us in the past and hopefully will never happen again.

Thanks.

If I had done that last month at BCV I would have been waiting over an hour for the person to come back and remove her washing. As it was I waited 10 minutes after the washing had finished then removed it myself (I did not like doing this) and placed it on the table. My washing was in the dryer by the time the person came back, she complained because someone had 'dumped' her washing and not folded it :eek: There was only washer working so it was very selfish of her I thought.

Should I have folded her washing though? I don't like to touch other peoples things.

Caron

10 min courtesy after the cycle is complete then I'm pulling it out if I need it. DH watches the kids and I stay in the laundry room. I did this in college too. At HHI I folded someones towels and when I left so were the towels.

OP - WOW, and I thought my miserable BCV laundry experience this summer was bad! I can't fathom taking someone's stuff out mid-cycle. Only one of the two washers was operational at BCV and people were lined-up, staking it out all day, every day. I went back multiple times a day to see if I could get a load in to no avail - finally complained at the front desk and got a roll of quarters to use the BC pay machines... half of which were broken, too. Loved our BCV stay; hated the laundry experience.

We used w/d at BLT for 3 loads last week, and all was fine. They got lots of use, sometimes we had to wait, but never were clothes left at the end of a cycle.

If I had done that last month at BCV I would have been waiting over an hour for the person to come back and remove her washing. As it was I waited 10 minutes after the washing had finished then removed it myself ...

...Should I have folded her washing though? I don't like to touch other peoples things.

From what I have gathered, the 10 min thing is the norm and I would have understood if that had happened, but in this case the load wasn't even done and the person took the clothes out still full of soap.

Apparently he/she was in a rush and my DW was just the unlucky recipient of his/her impatience.

And no...you should not have had to fold anything that wasn't yours.

OP - WOW, and I thought my miserable BCV laundry experience this summer was bad! I can't fathom taking someone's stuff out mid-cycle....

Yeah it was weird, but we are past it now. Hopefully it won't ever happen again that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter