BLT lake v std rooms?

suebeelin

DIS Veteran
We are planning our next trip and do not want to use points for theme park view (it's a lot of points!). We are therefore deciding between a std vs lake view. BLT is one of our homes.

My question is-- is a lake view worth the extra cost? Are there nice std rooms?

We plan on booking a 2bd-- not sure if we need a lock off. Any advice is much appreciated!!

Last edited:
they are in my opinion very nice std rooms. std rooms are only from 1st to 5th floor. just ask for northside (MK side) and even numbered room (odd number are inside the circle)

higher up is nice too - but really like to get to the 5th floor - the bridge to CR is located - without the elevator - so 6th floor (lake view), 5 - 3 (standard view) are good for me.

take the elevator when going to first - Disney makes it hard to use the steps by locking the doors on the first floor. so you can't get back in - in case of a fire - that say BWV and BCV don't lock their first door......

We are planning our next trip and do not want to use points for theme park view (it's a lot of points!). We are therefore deciding between a std vs lake view. BLT is one of our homes.

My question is-- is a lake view worth the extra cost? Are there nice std rooms?

We plan on booking a 2bd-- not sure if we need a lock off. Any advice is much appreciated!!

To save points, I think a standard view is fine (but for security reasons I would never stay on the first floor). The rooms are the same, just the view isn't there. We once stayed in a two bedroom lock-off, theme park view. We wanted the lock-off because our adult daughter was staying with us. The lock off gave her some extra privacy, along with the kitchenette.

Also, I think the standard view rooms go quickly, so be sure to book at your 11 month window. I've been thinking about a Christmas trip in the near future and will definitely get standard view for that since points are higher for that time of year. Going up to the Top of the World lounge to see the fireworks would be fine.

Although I do LOVE when we get a theme park view, if the "point bank" is getting low a lake view is fine. And a standard view is a good point saver. (My avatar is a sunset....took the picture from my theme park view balcony). And you will still have a washer/dryer, kitchen and three bathrooms! At a good point savings.

It's like a lottery! Our first standard view was awesome, 4th floor right beneath the sky bridge practically a theme park view. We really lucked out. The last standard view we got was ground floor. I didn't like it at all. It seemed to be always dark in the room bc we were towards the middle of the C and not much sun filtered down there. Plus we kept the shades drawn most of the time because people walking to the pool could look into the room.

I'd pick the standard view if it's available.

It's like a lottery! Our first standard view was awesome, 4th floor right beneath the sky bridge practically a theme park view. We really lucked out. The last standard view we got was ground floor. I didn't like it at all. It seemed to be always dark in the room bc we were towards the middle of the C and not much sun filtered down there. Plus we kept the shades drawn most of the time because people walking to the pool could look into the room.

I get creeped out thinking of people walking by looking into the room. I do the same thing....but not on purpose. I'm sure most people don't mean to look, it just happens.

I also would not want to open the patio sliders because of the Florida critters.

I think there is an option when doing on-line check in if you "prefer" ground floor or not. But I would follow up with an e-mail to member services to make my concerns known.

Is there any way to make sure getting the 1st floor doesn't happen?! I would be willing to go lake view then! Eeks!!

Is there any way to make sure getting the 1st floor doesn't happen?! I would be willing to go lake view then! Eeks!!
Nope! And we checked in around lunch too! Requests are not guaranteed. Considering less than 25% of the standard rooms are first floor (according to the room map on Dis), I guess I got lucky :)

I get creeped out thinking of people walking by looking into the room. I do the same thing....but not on purpose. I'm sure most people don't mean to look, it just happens.
I ALWAYS look when we are on the monorail. I just can't help it. Even with the sheer curtains closed, you can still see into the living rooms at night.

they are in my opinion very nice std rooms. std rooms are only from 1st to 5th floor. just ask for northside (MK side) and even numbered room (odd number are inside the circle)

higher up is nice too - but really like to get to the 5th floor - the bridge to CR is located - without the elevator - so 6th floor (lake view), 5 - 3 (standard view) are good for me.

take the elevator when going to first - Disney makes it hard to use the steps by locking the doors on the first floor. so you can't get back in - in case of a fire - that say BWV and BCV don't lock their first door......
Actually the 5th floor is where the lake view catergory starts-only 1-4 are standard
Just got back from disney last week-had 2 lake view studios booked and we were on the 5th floor near sky bridge

Actually the 5th floor is where the lake view catergory starts-only 1-4 are standard
Just got back from disney last week-had 2 lake view studios booked and we were on the 5th floor near sky bridge

sorry been on 5th floor at least 3 times in a standard view studio.

From the room map, it looks like standard rooms vary....more that face parking lot and less that face pool/lake, varying floors. I forgot about that room map. Now I see why standard rooms are hard to come by. There are not very many.

We were on the 5th floor in the south tower/wing which lines up with that link spiceycat posted as those rooms appear to all be considered lake view-it was more of a contemporary Marina view from inside the room lol-on the balcony looking to the left you could see the lake well

I've stayed in a standard view several times and NEVER had the first floor. We've been as high as 4th floor, but typically 2nd or 3rd. Getting Standard vs LV is really just depends on time frame of booking. First 2 weeks of december I had to be online right at 8 am 11 months out to get it. Even getting LV was sketchy at 9 months those first 2 weeks of december. Other times can be easier to get SV. The higher the floor the better the Lake view is, but we usually try to save points so we go for standard if it's available.

Been in a standard room 5 times. 3 times on ground floor, 1 time 2nd floor, and 1 time 3 rd floor. We have always asked for a high floor so was excited to get the 3rd floor last time. As we all know request are not guaranteed so out of 5 times I got one request. Booking this morning for May 2016. I would love to get parking lot view.

Stayed at BLT for the first time in late April, standard view 1 bedroom. I made no requests except highest floor possible. I couldn't believe how awesome our view was for standard. We were in room 7412 (4th floor) and from our balcony we could see Space Mountain and fireworks as well as some of the lake. There was a service area in view but honestly watching fireworks from the bed and seeing Space Mountain and a little of the castle was awesome, guess we got lucky!

Actually we had a std view on the 1st floor once. It was on the inside of the "C" facing the members fountain. I really liked the room. Not many people walked that close to the room so it didn't feel,like they were looking in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter