BLT - just back, tried it now on to other resorts

SEC

Mouseketeer
We just got back from BLT, stayed in lake view studio from 10-16 through 10-24. The biggest advantage to this resort is the short walk to Magic Kingdom. For us the disadvantages outweighed the advantages and we are not interested in returning to BLT. The bathroom and kitchen floors were very slick, the room was small, the shower painful. This is one WLV family that won't be trying to get in at 7 months. We had to go visit WL on Saturday because we like it so much better. We are trying AKL next month and we are looking forward to that. Now we Just have to stay at beach, boardwalk and treehouse villas. If BLT was what they were selling in 2001 when we bought we would not have bought based on the small room size. Our flight was canceled last night and we stayed at a hotel by the airport and the first thing we said when we walked in wad that the room was so much bigger! Just our opinion,

Sorry that your stay at Bay Lake Tower was not to your liking. That is what is great about DVC, there are so many choices.

I hope you next visit at Animal Kingdom Villas makes you :).

Robert

We just got back from BLT, stayed in lake view studio from 10-16 through 10-24. The biggest advantage to this resort is the short walk to Magic Kingdom. For us the disadvantages outweighed the advantages and we are not interested in returning to BLT. The bathroom and kitchen floors were very slick, the room was small, the shower painful. This is one WLV family that won't be trying to get in at 7 months. We had to go visit WL on Saturday because we like it so much better. We are trying AKL next month and we are looking forward to that. Now we Just have to stay at beach, boardwalk and treehouse villas. If BLT was what they were selling in 2001 when we bought we would not have bought based on the small room size. Our flight was canceled last night and we stayed at a hotel by the airport and the first thing we said when we walked in wad that the room was so much bigger! Just our opinion,

I must concur with your assesment of BLT. We enjoyed the views, and the short walk to Magic Kingdom, BUT, as you said, the shower hurt, the room was small, and because of the furniture color, DIRTY and Damaged. BUT, it is still a great place.

I think anyplace would be better than a BLT studio. Just way too small.

Thank goodness for the DIS!

After reading all the room reports about the small studios, we opted for a 1BR when we stayed there this past July. Loved it!!! :love:

I just booked a 2 bedroom at BLT for our May, 2011 trip. Our home resort is SSR, and we love:love: it! We wanted to try BLT because of our love to MK, and the closeness to the park. I plan on doing some cooking this trip, so that was another reason to try BLT. We did the tour of BLT during our stay last year and loved the models.

My question is it worth the points? I have read many blogs that mention the rooms are small and have damage to the furniture? Any opinions or suggestions welcome!

Wow, given the hard press by Disney to sell these at 100+ and the higher point costs relative to other place, this comes as a shock. Guess the novelty and convenience of walking distance to MK goes a long way to explaining it.

I just booked a 2 bedroom at BLT for our May, 2011 trip. Our home resort is SSR, and we love:love: it! We wanted to try BLT because of our love to MK, and the closeness to the park. I plan on doing some cooking this trip, so that was another reason to try BLT. We did the tour of BLT during our stay last year and loved the models.

My question is it worth the points? I have read many blogs that mention the rooms are small and have damage to the furniture? Any opinions or suggestions welcome!

We love it and I think it is worth the points. However, I only bought DVC because of BLT so my opinion may be a bit biased!!! :rotfl2:

The 2 bedrooms are a nice size. It is really only the studio that is small for more than 2 people.

We have stayed at BLT 3 times and so far, have not had a room that was damanged or in bad shape.

Good luck!

The 2-BR villas at BLT are huge, you won't have a problem. 6 of us stayed in one over the Summer and we had PLENTY of space.

It will be interesting too see how people feel about the studio's once they are remodeled.

I wouldn't stay in one of the current studio's, but 1 BR + are really nice.

We didn't like BLT either. We're trying Beach Club Villas next. So far Saratoga has been our favorite. Go figure :thumbsup2

We were there this past August, in a studio. Yes, they are small, no larger than a moderate resort's room. But there are only two of us, and so we found the room "cozy". It seemed well layed out; we had no trouble finding enough room to stash what we brough in the steamer trunk (or at least the equivalent of.)

If/when we add-on, it likely won't be at BLT. But we expect to return some year.

We loved staying in a 2 bedroom at BLT last March. With 4 of us. we felt it was very comfortable and spacious. The 3rd bathroom helped our teen daughters to get out of the room much faster in the mornings. We loved the shower in the master bedroom after learning how to adjust the levers to the type of spray each of us desired. The walk to MK was convenient, and we enjoyed taking the monorail to dinner at the Polynesian and Grand Floridian. We saw only minor wear and tear in our room.

For those who think the shower is painful...
First, you must turn the pressure to full then the water flows out of the shower head. Next, adjust the pressure flow by turning it back. This will eliminate the high powered flow that feels like needles.

Even as a BLT I owner I would have to agree a studio at BLT seems small. I would never stay in one with more than 2 people. The 1 BR is the reason we bought there. The extra bathroom is great and the design makes the 1BR seem very roomy.

Agreed the studios are very small. We are a family of four and would only stay there for a short stay of 2 nights or so, more than that would be difficult. However I must agree that the extra bathroom is really great. We had the same thing at VGC and it really makes a difference.

I don't own at BLT, nor have I stayed there, so I don't have a horse in this race. But, IMO, you should try it out. Regardless of what others have said, positive or negative, they're not you, and you won't know if you like it until you stay there. What can it hurt? :confused3

That's the magic of DVC, trying each resort to determine which you like and which aren't favorites. I love OKW, BWV, SSR & Kidani. I like WVL but we often rent cabins in the winter so I don't stay there. I wasn't a fan of the Contempory so BLT is not my style but I'still want to try it. My son's awe at the monirails and MK is now over (he's 14, and moved on to girls, yikes!) so our favorite parks are now Epcot, AK & DHS.

Thanks for the trip report!

We are staying in a one bedroom BLT for Mardi Gras in March.. we can't wait!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter