• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT in October

murraylieb

Earning My Ears
Tried to book a 2 BR at BLT today for 3 nights starting on Oct 13....no availability. Booked at SSR instead but really want BLT. What are chances that my waitlist will come available? Does anyone know availability for the following week, Oct 20 for 3 nights? My home resort is SSR so I can't book the following week at BLT yet.

Thanks

Tried to book a 2 BR at BLT today for 3 nights starting on Oct 13....no availability. Booked at SSR instead but really want BLT. What are chances that my waitlist will come available? Does anyone know availability for the following week, Oct 20 for 3 nights? My home resort is SSR so I can't book the following week at BLT yet.

Thanks

Columbus Day is 10/14, so you may be hitting a busy weekend with school holidays. The weekend of Oct 18 is Fall break for our school district and I have actually run into people from my school district at WDW on that weekend in the past. BLT is a nice 3rd choice (after the Epcot resorts) for DVC members traveling for the F&W festival. For a wait list of just 3 nights, you may have good luck. It would be best to WL a lake view, since those are most numerous. We were able to get a lake view studio for 4 nights using a waitlist back in 2011. I think we did the WL in March.

Good luck!:thumbsup2

Oct is a high DVC demand time and near park resorts are difficult at 7 months out. Nevertheless, members do often have luck with the waitlist when you get on it this far out and particularly if looking for only a few nights. Note, if you are wait listing for standard view, chances are likely very low, but if lake view probably decent.

I guess we were lucky as we booked on the 7 month mark w DVC Rental Store for the first week in October and got the 2BR Lake (at 1/3 the cost of booking via WDW). Cannot wait first trip for my DD.

Thanks

You should have better luck the following week. As noted by Kidanifan08, you are running into the very popular Columbus Day Holiday. In addition to the Holiday itself, many southern schools have that entire week off as a fall break. The BLT resort is also a popular choice for the fall due to Food & Wine Festival (monorail to EPCOT) and the MNSSHPs (walk) at the MK.

Also, it appears you tried to book 2 days after the window opened for your trip. If you wanted to check in on the 13th, you could have booked as early as 8 am Eastern on Wednesday, March 13. For a popular resort at a popular time, even an hour after the window opens can mean you miss out. For the following week, be sure to book as soon as the window opens on Wednesday, March 20 (8 AM Eastern for online or 9 am Eastern for a call to MS).

Good luck!

CarolMn....I tried calling that morning but called too early and once they opened I was in a trial all day so I didn't get a chance to call later. It's me and some friends going down for food and wine so I've talked to them about maybe going the following week instead so we can try fo BLT. I love BLT and it would be so convenient for food and wine. Right now I'm waitlisted for a LV at BLT and hoping it will come through.

Since it's columbus wknd, will that Monday, columbus day itself, be crowded at epcot for food and wine?

Thanks

CarolMn....I tried calling that morning but called too early and once they opened I was in a trial all day so I didn't get a chance to call later. It's me and some friends going down for food and wine so I've talked to them about maybe going the following week instead so we can try fo BLT. I love BLT and it would be so convenient for food and wine. Right now I'm waitlisted for a LV at BLT and hoping it will come through.

Since it's columbus wknd, will that Monday, columbus day itself, be crowded at epcot for food and wine?

Thanks
It's always disappointing when work (or community service requirements) interfere with vacation. Sorry that happened to you.

I've only been on Columbus Day once and I didn't think EPCOT was all that crowded, especially compared to a Saturday. But the following weekend and week should be noticeably less crowded.

Hope you can work something out.

Thanks

Look at Oct 17 to 24, it will give you the Oct 20 to 24 you are looking for. BLT does have availability for those nights right now.

DebbieB....that's a great idea. I had planned on calling first thing tomorrow, hadn't thought about looking at a longer amount of time that would include those dates. I had to get with all the others going....we're all lawyers and had to make sure no court problems with the 10/20 week but it looks like we can all do it. Here's hoping to getting it booked!!!

Look at Oct 17 to 24, it will give you the Oct 20 to 24 you are looking for...

DebbieB....that's a great idea. I had planned on calling first thing tomorrow, hadn't thought about looking at a longer amount of time that would include those dates....

Taking with Debbie said a step further... provided you have the points in your current u/y, you can book your trip right now (book October 19 through 24), and then call tomorrow and cancel that first night. :goodvibes

Booked a 2 BR today....Theme Park view, of all things. LV was all booked. Not sure how I feel about TP....did request top floor. Think I prefer LV since it's all adults going....love sitting on balcony looking at water. Would have liked TP with kids last year.

Booked a 2 BR today....Theme Park view, of all things. LV was all booked. Not sure how I feel about TP....did request top floor. Think I prefer LV since it's all adults going....love sitting on balcony looking at water. Would have liked TP with kids last year.

If you would rather have LV, you should WL that for your entire stay. That is, of course, if you can use the extra points back and can still use them or bank them based on your UY.

Before WL for a LV I wanted to come on here and look at the TPV rooms and see how I liked them. I will probably call tomorrow and WL. Just wish I could definitely book a LV on top floor....love easy access to ToTWL....especially on all adult trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter