BLT first trip home 8/23-8/28! Report and pics (Standard View Studio)

We just returned from BLT and both gates around the pool did not require a card to open. No one was monitoring the coming and goings of guests. We walked over to the Contemporary pool, then back over to the BLT pool area. No one asked us for any card. If the locks were "broken" how about a temporary solution like a bracelet or stamp? If they really wanted to enforce the "exclusivity" of the BLT pool, they would come up with something very quickly. Afterall, this is Disney, they have a solution for everything else!!

BTW - No one is monitoring the access to the skyway bridge between the two resorts either. One person with a key is all it takes and 20 people without keys can file in behind them with no questions asked. That we did see happen and some people who were just curious about the BLT, took their own private tour of it. Really, what is the point of all of these locks if no one is there to enforce them?

They can regulate pool hopping at AKV and BLT and the members will pay for it in higher MF fees.
1 CM 12 hours/day @ $20/hr x 365 days = $87,600/year. $20/hr is not too much either. If anything it probably too low by $5-10. Granted the CM's get paid diddley, but once you figure in med Ins., Comp, Employers SS tax, Unemployment tax, supervision and personnel overhead, it adds up.

If it gets really bad then maybe they should, but do you really want to pay more if it's only a minor problem?

While we're on the subject...
* Housekeeping can be perfect
* No one will have accents
* Mickey can greet us at the front door
* Fresh flowers in room upon check-in

Just so long as we are willing to pay.

Maybe that's why BLT is going up to $120 per point in October. :confused:

And to the original poster - if you are watching guests in the parking lot from your room get out of their car...you are a little too worried about the pool situation.

I was sitting on my second-floor balcony having a beer! Geez.

And the pool isn't THAT amazing either. The way people are asking for a 24 hour Bouncer, you'd think you were going to the Taj Mahal of pools! While there may be some minor pool hoping, I don't see it as a huge problem. Yes, the gate needs to be fixed, but don't have a cow - enjoy your vacation.

I don't think it matters if it's a great pool or a crappy pool. If I'm staying at resort I'd just like to be able to put my towel down on a chair. Also, it's quite a stretch to assume I didn't enjoy my vacation just because I expressed a concern over one issue. Sorry for subjecting you to it.

As for people filing behind...it is up to the BLT guest using their card to stop this from happening.
I use swipe cards to get into computer labs and I ensure I don't get followed in because we all suffer if someone stuffs up the room...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter