BLT Fireworks from MK view room or lounge?

DisneyTravelers2008

Sally & Clay (Disney Travelers 2008)
We are considering booking a room at BLT. We really want to see the fireworks from the lounge *OR* the room with MK view. Which is better? What do you prefer? How close are the fireworks? Can you hear the music?

My sister in law takes her kids to WDW often, but they have NEVER seen the MK fireworks. I though tit would be really cool to sit on the balcony from our room to see the fireworks. Or, is the lounge better? A bay lake view is certainly less points. but I dont mind to spend the points for a MK view if the view is good from the room...help...???:confused3

Well at the Contemporary if you turn on channel 20 during Wishes they play the music for it on there, so it's almost like your inside the Magic Kingdom and I assume that's also done in the Bay Lake Tower rooms.

Which lounge are you referring to? The new lounge at the top of BLT is only open to DVC members, just wanted to make sure you are aware of that.

Yeah...thanks...we are DVC members...jus t trying to decide if I want to use the points on a MK view or regular view...bsaically is it better to see the fireworks from your balcomy in a MK view rroom or at the Top OF the World lounge...If hte lounge is much better, Im not going to spend the points on a MK view room...

Depending on the MK room you get it may be better to watch from the lounge. There is a solid wall on the balcony at the lounge and they do keep you back a couple of feet so it has a few challenges also IMO.

Here's a picture from my studio. I could not have seen the majority of fireworks from inside the room. This shot was zoomed in.

p752734939-5.jpg

And so you can kind of see how the MK view was:

p114289543-4.jpg

The next night I caught most of the fireworks from the 4th floor deck of the CR.

And, there is one more 2BR MK view that is further around to the south from this studio and the view will be even tougher. Some are terrific though! It will be the luck of the draw though.

We had a MK view room on the 12th floor - we thought it was far better to stay in our own room and watch instead of going to the lounge. I think it would depend on the floor you are on. BTW - channel 20 does indeed have the music

Watching the fireworks from the deck on the BLT roof is amazing. Yes, the music is piped in. Best part is that there are very few people there so you can lean on the railing the whole time without being crowded. I would save your points and book a lake view room.

Another really nice thing to do is take your morning coffee and sit up on the deck in the early morning. It's lovely to watch MK waking up and very relaxing way to start the day.

I just switched my reservation from an MK view to a lake view. From what I've read the lake view is actually better except for the 20 minutes when the fireworks are going off. MK view is a parking lot with the castle in the distance.

I saved $1100 by switching. I can always watch the fireworks from other viewing locations.

If you are renting points from a DVC member, can you get to the roof top lounge?

While the lake view is beautiful - I would choose an MK view any chance I got. There is just something special about seeing and hearing the MK "wake up" in the morning. The lights of the park are amazing all night. Sometime I just woke up and set in my living room late at night and watched the castle change colors

If you are renting points from a DVC member, can you get to the roof top lounge?

It is supposed to be only for members staying at BLT and their guests staying with them. They may ask to see your blue member card.

Wow...thank for all you replies and pics...looks like the MK view is somwheat over-rated...we will go for Bay Lake view...and save lots of points thanks to all your help!!! :cool1:

While the lake view is beautiful - I would choose an MK view any chance I got. There is just something special about seeing and hearing the MK "wake up" in the morning. The lights of the park are amazing all night. Sometime I just woke up and set in my living room late at night and watched the castle change colors

+1. I would always pick the MK view.

We save our points and do lake view. Our second stay is coming up in September. On the first trip it worked out great to go to the lounge at fireworks.

It is supposed to be only for members staying at BLT and their guests staying with them. They may ask to see your blue member card.

When we were there they only asked to see our room card - which said DVC member. No blue cards were necessary at that time. I personnally think they will be relaxing the rules rather than tightening them as the lounge was pretty empty both nights we were there and the staff said it hadn't been terribly busy.

I just switched my reservation from an MK view to a lake view. From what I've read the lake view is actually better except for the 20 minutes when the fireworks are going off. MK view is a parking lot with the castle in the distance.

I saved $1100 by switching. I can always watch the fireworks from other viewing locations.

We actually request standard view first on a high floor. Last time I got a standard view room, I was on 4, had I been on 5 it would've been lake view. But we're not in the room much, just love the convenience of BLT.

Yes because it's a DVC reservation at BLT, I asked MS today.

Today MS told me that if the reservation was made by a DVC meber using DVC poitns that you can use the lounge...even if that DVC member who made the reservation is not present.

Do you need to make reservations to use the lounge or just walk up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter