• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT Check-In

Love That Stitch

Stitch Kingdom!
We are staying at BLT for the 1st time soon. I did the online check-in but was wondering where do I go when I get to the resort? Do I go to the normal Contemporary check-in desk? Or is there a place to check-in at the tower?

Also, any suggestions on where to stay in the tower would be appreciated. We have a lake view as is but don't know floor or any of that information. It is just me and my husband and we are looking forward to a nice quiet trip ;)

Thanks for your help!

Just returned from 1st stay at BLT. Asked for highest possible floor facing the outside of the C. Got an inside the C view but they did put us on 16th floor. The woman at the desk at the CR said she could check if other rooms were available for earlier ready time but that if it were her she would keep that room so I did. Unexpected benefit is that you have key card access to the 16th floor so you can just walk over to the observation deck and TOTW lounge anytime you want. No need to go down to the BLT lobby and have them send you up. And yes, I asked if this was ok and they said yes to feel free to go there anytime. I don't know if there is a bad view when you are that high so if we ever stay there again I'd just ask for the top floor.

I believe if you have a lake view and don't want the pool view, you should request an even # room, as even will look out over the Contemporary. This might be a good idea you're wanting a little quiet time on your balcony, you won't hear any yelling from down below.
We had two odd # rooms and both were over looking the pool.
And I will usually always ask for the highest floor available whenever I check into any hotel, I always like the view.

We also just returned from our first BLT stay. Check-in is at the Contemporary. Since it was also our first time staying as DVC members we didn't know what to expect when we checked-in so we didn't know we did not receive some of the information given to members (like the latest edition of member perks). We really liked BLT and stayed in both a studio and a 1 bedroom. I agree the higher the floor the better and would ask for a lake view in the north tower. We were on that side for the studio and had a better view than the 1 bedroom which was more south tower. Both rooms were on the inside the C pool views.
We had such trouble when we changed rooms (the check-in computer system was "down" so nobody seemed to know what was going on) that when we did finally get our room assignment we didn't complain and gladly accepted what we were given.
Both rooms (7309 and 8135) were in good shape and except for a little internet trouble everything was fine.
Enjoy BLT, it's a great thing to be able to take that short walk to the Magic Kingdom!

Just returned from 1st stay at BLT. Asked for highest possible floor facing the outside of the C. Got an inside the C view but they did put us on 16th floor. The woman at the desk at the CR said she could check if other rooms were available for earlier ready time but that if it were her she would keep that room so I did. Unexpected benefit is that you have key card access to the 16th floor so you can just walk over to the observation deck and TOTW lounge anytime you want. No need to go down to the BLT lobby and have them send you up. And yes, I asked if this was ok and they said yes to feel free to go there anytime. I don't know if there is a bad view when you are that high so if we ever stay there again I'd just ask for the top floor.

WOW!! 16th FlOOR!!! :worship: You are very lucky!!!! I agree...the view is SPECTACULAR!!!:cool1:
We also just returned from our first BLT stay. Check-in is at the Contemporary. Since it was also our first time staying as DVC members we didn't know what to expect when we checked-in so we didn't know we did not receive some of the information given to members (like the latest edition of member perks). We really liked BLT and stayed in both a studio and a 1 bedroom. I agree the higher the floor the better and would ask for a lake view in the north tower. We were on that side for the studio and had a better view than the 1 bedroom which was more south tower. Both rooms were on the inside the C pool views.
We had such trouble when we changed rooms (the check-in computer system was "down" so nobody seemed to know what was going on) that when we did finally get our room assignment we didn't complain and gladly accepted what we were given.
Both rooms (7309 and 8135) were in good shape and except for a little internet trouble everything was fine.
Enjoy BLT, it's a great thing to be able to take that short walk to the Magic Kingdom!

Glad you enjoyed your first stay!!! Welcome to the DVC!!:banana:

Thank you all for the great suggestions! Very, very helpful since we are newbies to the BLT! We are very excited!!!
We definitely want quiet time on our balcony...when you don't have kids Disney is done completely different :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter