• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT Bus Stop?

wwlees

Earning My Ears
Does BLT have it's own bus stop to DHS, or do we have to walk to the Contempory to catch the bus?

Also, what is the walk time (we will be pushing a double stroller) to get to the contemporary from the BLT? Is there a marked difference between staying in the Northside and the Southside of the building?

TIA!

Does BLT have it's own bus stop to DHS, or do we have to walk to the Contempory to catch the bus?

Also, what is the walk time (we will be pushing a double stroller) to get to the contemporary from the BLT? Is there a marked difference between staying in the Northside and the Southside of the building?

TIA!

BLT does not have its own bus stop - you must walk to the CR bus stop. The walk time isn't a big deal - a few minutes. Sure, there's a difference based on which end of the building you're in, but the difference isn't that significant. I think it's easier to take the elevator to the lobby of BLT (unless, of course, you're already on the 1st floor) and then walk outside to the CR bus stop. If it's raining, you might want to take the sky bridge.

Here's a map that shows the bus stop in relation to BLT: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/DVC Bay Lake Tower 04.jpg

Yes, you have to use the one at Contemporary but it is a very short walk.

Here is a map of the Contemporary/Bay Lake Tower and you can see it's a very short walk to the Contemporary bus station.

CRMap.jpg

I think it's easier to take the elevator to the lobby of BLT (unless, of course, you're already on the 1st floor) and then walk outside to the CR bus stop. If it's raining, you might want to take the sky bridge.

I agree with this. The bus stop for the CR resort is pretty close to the entrance of BLT. We thought it was actually closer than, say, if you were staying at SSR and had to walk to one of the bus stops.

It was a non-issue for us.

We also had no problems walking to the Contemporary bus stop when we stayed at BLT. Very short walk - definitely not further than walking to the bus stop at other DVC resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter