• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT, BCV, or AKV

jrw118

Mouseketeer
We will be going back to WDW 8/2013 with me, DH, DS 8(then) and DS 5 (then), and my Aunt. We are torn between BLT and BCV. We will be staying in a 2 bedroom in either resort. My Aunt does not want to do a split stay. We stayed in OKW in October and will be in AKV in 13 days. We like BCV for the atmosphere and the pool but we typically do not spend ton of time at the resort, although we do like a mid day break for the pool (sometimes). We are considering BLT for the monorail access since we will spend a lot of time at Magic kingdom. Can some sell me on one or the other? PS we may just fall in love with AKV and want to do that again.

We will be going back to WDW 8/2013 with me, DH, DS 8(then) and DS 5 (then), and my Aunt. We are torn between BLT and BCV. We will be staying in a 2 bedroom in either resort. My Aunt does not want to do a split stay. We stayed in OKW in October and will be in AKV in 13 days. We like BCV for the atmosphere and the pool but we typically do not spend ton of time at the resort, although we do like a mid day break for the pool (sometimes). We are considering BLT for the monorail access since we will spend a lot of time at Magic kingdom. Can some sell me on one or the other? PS we may just fall in love with AKV and want to do that again.

So you're at AKV now, what do you think? AKV is my absolute favorite and I find myself booking there more than the rest, but it is still nice to try new places to see how they are as well.

For me, it comes down to location. Where do you spend the bulk of your park time? If MK, then I would say do BLT. If you are more of an HS/EP person like us, then BCV is a great choice.
We are doing a split stay this next trip so we can experience AKV and BCV and make our decisions for future stays. I know this will be a one time thing as I would prefer not to move mid-trip.

We usually stay at BCV when it is just my DH and me. When our grandchildren are with us we stay at BLT. Also in a 2bdr at BLT you have 3 bathrooms, which is really nice. Same at AKV Kidani. Just came back from there after a long girl's weekend with my sis and nieces. Loved it there but it is very far away from everything. Buses were great and we really did not plan more than 1 day at a park.

We prefer BCV because we like being able to walk to Epcot...we generally split our days with early morning treks to various parks, then back to the hotel for a swim/relaxation and then out again for an evening of fun, dinner, and more fun. Given this preference we will typically do Epcot 4 out of seven evenings as we love the countries/restaurants/atmosphere. Again the proxmity to Epcot via foot makes BCV an easy pick for us.

For me, it comes down to location. Where do you spend the bulk of your park time? If MK, then I would say do BLT. If you are more of an HS/EP person like us, then BCV is a great choice.
We are doing a split stay this next trip so we can experience AKV and BCV and make our decisions for future stays. I know this will be a one time thing as I would prefer not to move mid-trip.

I agree.

you can get to Epcot on the monorail from BLT. So blt has 2 parks as well.

also since you first visit was to CR - time to go back - but staying at BLT is such a difference experience.

We have stayed at all 3!

We like AKV-Kidani because of savana view, theme, and it is our home resort. We also like the Mara CS, there is a refillable mug area at Kidani. The pool here is very nice. It has a really nice child friendly area.

We like BCV because of storm along bay pool, Epcot International Gateway, boats, the beach is great for family pictures, and the Boardwalk view. BCV really doesn't have a CS location. They have one but it is limited, it does have a nice area for refillable mugs.

We like BLT because we can see Wishes every night, the monorail to Epcot, Poly, Grand Floridian, we like the walkway from BLT to Magic Kingdom. We do not have to rely on the Monorail to walk to MK. We also like Contempo Cafe if we want to have breakfast or dinner at the resort.

Hope you can make a great decision, we like to try out the different resort properties.

:thumbsup2

I just got back from BLT. Stayed in room 7136. I didn't take any pictures of the room or the view. It's on the ground floor facing the marina/contemporary pool. I hated this room. The music from the light parade on the lake was horribly loud. As was the piped in music that they play outside in the common areas...our first night the music ran all night long.
Sadly, I can't say I'd stay there again. The only plus for me was the walk to MK....but judging by the parking lot near the entrance of the resort, they will let nearly anyone park there...which is what I figure I'll do from now on when I vacation at WDW. The theming of the pool was bland at best.
I last stayed at AKV in 2009. I loved the theme of the resort, and the pool was great for my kids. It is very much out of the way though. There is nowhere to get a meal without hiking to the AKL.
BCV might be my favorite DVC resort at the moment with Boardwalk a very close 2nd. The only two I have yet to stay at are WLV and OKW.

we have stayed at BLT and AKV-- we love them both.

We prefer BLT for the location, I love the whole vibe of the contemp...and being able to see the castle all the time.. the food court is decent here...and I love the monorail!

as for AK--we prefer Kidani over Jambo. ( it is quieter, and we love the extra bathroom) the pool is great here, only downside, no counter service.

BC is on our list for next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter