• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT Availability?

gracerussell

Mouseketeer
We're looking at buying into BLT. If we close in a few months, is it reasonable to expect that we would still be able to get a room? Ideal would be a theme park view studio, but I realize we are working on a short timeframe and I'd be happy with anything we could get. Thanks for the info!

You mention you could possibly be closing in a few months, but the question is, when are you thinking of vacationing?

We're looking at buying into BLT. If we close in a few months, is it reasonable to expect that we would still be able to get a room? Ideal would be a theme park view studio, but I realize we are working on a short timeframe and I'd be happy with anything we could get. Thanks for the info!

How's a definite maybe. There are so many variables from dates, to room type (studio, 1BR, etc), to location (standard, Park view, lake view). If you are able to book prior to 7 months, when it opens to all DVC members.

As a member for almost 15 years I can say that the more flexible you are the better. We have never not been able to book a vacation. Many times we have booked less than 7 months out including Holidays. We will sometimes do a split stay 3 or 4 days at 1 location and 3 or 4 at another. We will waitlist but have a firm reservation somewhere. We have stayed at BLT, BWV, BCV, Saratoga, OKW, and for Easter will be at GFV (split stay).

While BLT Park view is great so is Lake view. You will be vacationing many more times so don't sweat it if you don't get exactly what you want on this trip!

Enjoy

How's a definite maybe. There are so many variables from dates, to room type (studio, 1BR, etc), to location (standard, Park view, lake view). If you are able to book prior to 7 months, when it opens to all DVC members.

As a member for almost 15 years I can say that the more flexible you are the better. We have never not been able to book a vacation. Many times we have booked less than 7 months out including Holidays. We will sometimes do a split stay 3 or 4 days at 1 location and 3 or 4 at another. We will waitlist but have a firm reservation somewhere. We have stayed at BLT, BWV, BCV, Saratoga, OKW, and for Easter will be at GFV (split stay).

While BLT Park view is great so is Lake view. You will be vacationing many more times so don't sweat it if you don't get exactly what you want on this trip!

Enjoy

Thanks so much! We signed our contract today for a resale at BLT. I'm having a hard time grasping the concept that we get to go to the Happiest Place on Earth on a regular basis - so I can relax about making sure everything is perfect :)

Sorry - first week of December 2014.

That is the most heavily requested week for DVC members. Studios are usually the first to book up. Theme park view is also booked up very quickly.

So, my guess is that you might have three strikes against you. You might get a one bedroom, but not TPV.

you might end up at oKW or ssR - if you are lucky.

dec goes fast.

don't expect anything in Dec - if you can't make the reservation in jan at BLT.

is it typically impossible to get in to BLT for an april or Christmas break if you are an ssr timeshare owner. would a studio lake view be available at 7 months

is it typically impossible to get in to BLT for an april or Christmas break if you are an ssr timeshare owner. would a studio lake view be available at 7 months

If you want to be at BLT during those hard to book times you definitely want to buy points at BLT and be able to make your vacation plans as close to the 11 month mark as possible. Any view will be difficult to get during those times.

If you want to be at BLT during those hard to book times you definitely want to buy points at BLT and be able to make your vacation plans as close to the 11 month mark as possible. Any view will be difficult to get during those times.

ok thanks for the info,
its probably out of our purchasing price range, I am thinking SSR is the best value for length of time and price per point/ with lower maintenance fees

ok thanks for the info,
its probably out of our purchasing price range, I am thinking SSR is the best value for length of time and price per point/ with lower maintenance fees

don't count on the lower maintence fees - this is a BIG resort and has added expensives because of the treehouses.

that say it has one of the highest point cost - OKW has one of the lowest.

did not say that right - this is what I mean
10 - sun-thurs
13 - fri/sat
Jan, Sept, dec 1-14

ssr
12 - sun-thur
15 - fri/sat
same time - jan, sept, dec 1-14

the cost for OKW is about the same as SSR (I think)

ssr is much newer.

don't count on the lower maintence fees - this is a BIG resort and has added expensives because of the treehouses.

that say it has one of the highest point cost - OKW has one of the lowest.

did not say that right - this is what I mean
10 - sun-thurs
13 - fri/sat
Jan, Sept, dec 1-14

ssr
12 - sun-thur
15 - fri/sat
same time - jan, sept, dec 1-14

the cost for OKW is about the same as SSR (I think)

ssr is much newer.

okay but they do expire 12 years earlier.. which was a negative to me but maybe I need to think outside of the box. I would like to bounce around resorts and not just settle on one. I would have no problem using my points to stay at okw. I'm just trying to decide on the point of purchase...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter