BLT at 7 months in Sept?

snowiit

DIS Veteran
what do you think my chances are for getting BLT at 7 months out for a 2 bedroom standard view? We would arrive on 9/18/10. Can't wait and 7 months is coming up quickly!

Nancy

I hope you get it, but it's the standard view that is so illusive to non-BLT owners!

Bobbi:wizard:

For what it's worth, we weren't able to get a standard view (studio) last year when we stayed in September, and had to instead book a lake view. Although we are BLT members, we were booking at less than the 7 month mark. Still, with BLT continuing to declare more inventory, you might get it especially if you have the full 7 months to waitlist. Good luck! :goodvibes

I was able to get a 1 bedroom lakeview at BLT for May at the 7 months mark. We also will be arriving on Sept 18th - hoping for low crowds and great weather. We have BCV 2 bedroom booked for Sept, but might change that around at 7 months.

I just got a blt standard view studio reservation 7 months. I had to do the trip in pieces, and waitlist - but my waitlist for my one missing night came through in one day. If you can be flexible on your dates a little it helps.

I am a BLT owner and I just booked a 2 bedroom lake view for Sept 18th-25th yesterday. There were no 2 bedroom standard views available. Maybe something will open up for you at the 7 month period. Good luck!

Book a LV (if you don't have to borrow points to do it) and then waitlist. September is one of the easier months to book using the 7 month window, but as mentioned, standard view rooms are popular and very limited in number.

That said, we were able to get a BLT standard view in 2009 for the week after Thanksgiving (very popular week) by waitlisting at 7 months.

I think you will get it, especially since BLT sales are going well and thus the chances of more inventory being declared are good. :)

I can't say for sure about September.

We tried to book a Studio standard view around 10 months out for Oct 7-10, but one night was unavailable. The CM said standard view are the ones that typically are gone first, with MK view not far behind.

I suspect September will be easier than October since F&W starts late this year.

Also, as others have said there will likely be another declaration or two before then so a waitlist may come through.

NOTE: If you get BLT and decide you want to watch the fireworks from TOTWL one night, I suggest going up on a MNSSHP nights. If it's anything like MVMCP, the fireworks were better on special event nights than regular Wishes.

I can't say for sure about September.

We tried to book a Studio standard view around 10 months out for Oct 7-10, but one night was unavailable. The CM said standard view are the ones that typically are gone first, with MK view not far behind.

I suspect September will be easier than October since F&W starts late this year.

Also, as others have said there will likely be another declaration or two before then so a waitlist may come through.

NOTE: If you get BLT and decide you want to watch the fireworks from TOTWL one night, I suggest going up on a MNSSHP nights. If it's anything like MVMCP, the fireworks were better on special event nights than regular Wishes.

Dang, stupid question, but they don't declare rooms often? We have been on the waitlist for an MK view since the 7-month mark and now that we are only 4 months out and still on the waitlist, I'm starting to get worried.......

Dang, stupid question, but they don't declare rooms often? We have been on the waitlist for an MK view since the 7-month mark and now that we are only 4 months out and still on the waitlist, I'm starting to get worried.......
Depends entirely on sales. Units have to be "declared into the condominium" before points can be sold. The developer wants to declare enough so that sales are not held up waiting on the declaration paperwork, but since the revenue from renting the unsold rooms goes to the Developer's bottom line, they don't want to declare too much ahead of sales.

Hoe your waitlist comes through. Good luck!

I wouldn't count on room declarations for getting a waitlist requests in BLT. It is a partially incorrect belief that members cannot book undeclared inventory with points. Refer to the 2009 Member Benefit guide which detailed a PreOpening point inventory which allowed Disney (at their option) to make undeclared inventory available for point reservations.
Since BLT was fully built out on Day 1, the PreOrder points process is being used to fill many member reservations in advance of sales so the projected occupancy of the resort remains high, while leaving enough inventory for Disney itself to use for cash and exchange inventory. Because of the existence of the PreOpening points, those hoping for a new point declaration to open up inventory to clear out waitlists may never get their wish since the inventory may already be reserved on points.
In my experience I had a waitlist placed at the 10 month window that never filled for a December 2009 stay. I know we were at the top of the list since we book two identical rooms for the same dates, and in one reservation we could not book one night on points. The waitlist for that one room for the one night was never filled despite all the declarations that occurred while the waitlist was active.

I called today for a studio at BLT for Sept 4-10. I booked a lake view for the week with no problem and then waitlisted for MK view. They had MK view available for 4 of the 6 nights but I don't want to deal with switching rooms. Either way I am happy. It is a new place to stay and close to many of my favorite things.

If anyone has waitlisted a BLT Standard View 1BR for 9/23 and 9/24, it may now be available.

We thought the 2010 Food & Wine Festival would start the last weekend in September (like it did in 2009), so at the 11-month windows we booked a 7-night trip starting 9/23/10. We booked a BLT 1BR Standard View for 9/23 and 9/24 and a AKV-Kidani 1BR Savanna View for 9/25-9/30.

When I saw dizfan's post about F&WF starting later this year, I checked the Disney website and saw that the 2010 F&WF doesn't start until 10/01/10. We just finished talking to MS and we changed the dates of our September 2010 trip. We've pushed our trip back a week to 9/30-10/07 and we were able to get the exact same BLT Standard View and AKV savanna accommodations for the new days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter