• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blown Away by FoP

LaurenT

DIS Veteran
bravo Disney! Flight of Passage took my breath away!
For anyone who doesn't really remember me from when I was a frequent poster, I don't wait in lines. In the "old days" I was a FP runner, now I refresh my app.
Well, I had a FP for FoP yesterday, but after riding and being blown away by it, I stood in a two and a half hour line to ride again.
Do whatever you need to do to get to animal kingdom and ride FoP! Disney has outdone themselves!
Oh, and based on reports, I was worried about my husband being able to ride. He has Parkinson's and I wasn't sure he'd be able to get onto the seat - but it wasn't an issue at all! You don't have to lift your leg up and over the way you would for a bike.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this. I couldn't get a FP for my entire upcoming trip for FoP! Your post has convinced me to be at rope drop and ride!!! It sounds amazing!
There are a few cool things to see on the standby line that you don't see on the FP line. Get to the park an hour before rope drop and you'll probably have a reasonable wait - just make sure you go to the right spot for RD - they have several ropes depending on where you're heading.

Thanks for the review. When we booked FP we could only get one for the end of our last day. I just scored a second FP for FoP for our first day but the timing is less than ideal. Your comments are supporting our decision to spend the bit of extra travel time to ride it twice!

How would you rate the motion sickness factor on this ride? Also the claustrophobia factor? Can you compare it to other Disney rides?

How would you rate the motion sickness factor on this ride? Also the claustrophobia factor? Can you compare it to other Disney rides?
I don't think claustrophobia is an issue at all. As for motion sickness, for people who get severe cases of it, this ride might be an issue, but I didn't have a problem and I usually won't do star tours more than once. I also ride mission space orange - though only once because it will make me a little queasy ... but I didn't feel any of that on FoP.

Totally agree LaurenT! We rode it with a fast pass on the evening we arrived. We loved it so much, we rope dropped it two days later and only waited about 45 minutes in line to get to ride it again.

I'm not a simulator fan (hate Star Tours), but this ride wasn't a problem for me at all. My husband had a little queasy feeling, but he loved it also.

only 2 rides I get queasy on are this and expedition Everest when it reverses direction.I found that if I looked around during FOP I got uneasy but if I looked straight ahead and concentrated on the lead banshee I was ok.

For me it felt like Soarin' on steroids. So I would say it depends on how you handle simulated heights, fast drops, close calls with collisions, etc.

I haven't gone on this yet, but my mother did recently on a last minute trip to AK, she called me after the ride crying because she was so happy about the experience.

First off, my mother has mobility issues due to a spine injury. She can only walk short distances, and has trouble standing for more than an hour. But by some stroke of luck when they went to the FoP queue, the wait time was just under an hour. She was going to sit somewhere and wait outside for my nephews to ride, but the cast members told her that the queue was very enjoyable, and that she could exit if she didn't want to ride, so she decided to wait in line as long as she could. She made it through the entire queue, and when they got to the loading area, the cast member working there managed to convince her to not to exit and try to get into a ride seat (kudos to this person! They gave her tips on how to sit in the ride chair and described the drops and vehicle motions in enough detail for her to feel safe enough riding, despite her disability), locked her in and then sent her off for a banshee ride. She had a great time, and said the ride was surprisingly gentle enough for her to enjoy it (and this is a woman whose favorite ride Disney ride was Space Mountain before her disability, a ride she can no longer go on because it now causes her too much pain), was so glad she was talked into riding it, and that ride alone was worth the trip to Florida!

Needless to say, now I'm very excited about going on this ride during my next WDW visit.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter