blowing the horn for Birthday

reses4

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know how I can get my niece to blow the horn on the cruise for her birthday that day.

Unless you're staying in a suite, you'll probably have to ask someone in guest services about this. My guess is that it's not something that's typically done. I know on our January cruise, Andy aka VerandahMan and his wife Hazel had the honor of sounding the horn and someone else has reported that he was able to arrange this surprise for his wife on her birthday, but that was through concierge. It certainly doesn't hurt to ask, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

When you get on board, go to Guest Services and ask them if they can arrange it. My daughter did this for me in August. It took them a few days to get back to her, but they came through with only a few hours notice prior to the 5 pm sounding. BTW, they call it the "Mickey Whistle" and I got a nice certificate signed by Capt. Tom to honor the occasion. Take a camera with you for pictures!

I will need to remember this. We will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary next time we cruise.

I did not request for this to be done for my DW and I. We received a special invitation from Captain Thord to meet him on the bridge, it was then we found out that we were going to toot the whistle. It came as a complete surprise, and we were very honored to be selected to do this. :goodvibes

Verandah Man said:
I did not request for this to be done for my DW and I. We received a special invitation from Captain Thord to meet him on the bridge, it was then we found out that we were going to toot the whistle. It came as a complete surprise, and we were very honored to be selected to do this. :goodvibes

Were you staying in a suite?

nick262 said:
Were you staying in a suite?

We were staying in a cat. 6 stateroom, but I was posting a "Live from the Magic" thread and I was told that Captain Thord had seen it and saw that my wife and I were using that cruise to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary, I think that's why we may have been invited for the special tour of the bridge.

Verandah Man said:
We were staying in a cat. 6 stateroom, but I was posting a "Live from the Magic" thread and I was told that Captain Thord had seen it and saw that my wife and I were using that cruise to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary, I think that's why we may have been invited for the special tour of the bridge.

Well that is really cool. Congrats. Gotta love the DIS boards. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter