Blow Dryers and Boililng Water!

Jo-Anne

DIS Veteran
DH and I are heading down to Port Orleans Riverside next week for 5 days and I really hate to drag my blowdryer down as its not all that compact. I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that you can request blowdryers from housekeeping. Wondering if anyone has done this and if the air was strong - if you know what I mean! Also, will they let you keep it for the duration of your trip or do you have to return and request each day? ALso, DH wants to bring along his small french press coffee maker (Bodum? I think- its just a glass unit with a press pod area so its not big or awkward) as he really enjoys this particular cup of coffee in the morning. However, I told him there was no way I was dragging a kettle down! Is there a way to just get boiling water from the food court - will they charge the same amount as a tea? Thanks!

I dunno 'bout the hair dryer, but I faced the same challenge with hot water. Wanted to make Instant Oatmeal for my early-riser son while we vacationed at the CR. I requested a coffee maker and just used it to heat the water - didn't put any coffee in it. I was also quite close to the "Food & Fun Center" (counter service restaurant) and they had a microwave oven out for all the guests to use - if I had thought to bring a large coffee mug or glass measuring cup I could have heated water and brought it back to room.

I "think" hairdryers are included at all of the rooms at all of the resorts. I know they were included at the CBR when I visiited a couple of months ago.

Sorry I can't help you, but I just had to read your post because I was wondering if you wanted to USE the blow dryer to boil the water, LOL. :teeth: :crazy:

No...I have fairly thick, very wavy hair and the blow dryers are worthless. If you are attempting to straighten hair to any degree forget it. If you just want to go fairly natural and just need a bit of a boost they are fine...otherwise do what I do and drag it with you! The hair dryer are those little half jobbies...the portable kinds are are really quite worthless...

Another one with thick hair here. :wave2: It would take me HOURS to dry my hair with the Disney dryers. I have to bring mine from home. If your hair is short or thin, they would probably be ok.

Originally posted by jcemom
Sorry I can't help you, but I just had to read your post because I was wondering if you wanted to USE the blow dryer to boil the water, LOL. :teeth: :crazy:

Giggle, giggle.... now that would be a good trick :rotfl:

Maybe our DS 9 can help with that - he just announced to us "I'm very good at physics ! - what ever that is." His twin finds it hysterical.

:confused3 :crazy2: :scratchin

JCEMom - I think my DH might be desparate enough for his particular cup of coffee that he'd hold the blow dryer over the water to get it to boil! Thanks for the chuckle! I also read on another post that there are microwaves in POR food court so I guess he could boil some water in there or maybe we can get a coffee maker in our room! Scratchboat - was there an extra fee for the coffee maker? Desperate coffe-drinking men do desparate things!

Originally posted by Jo-Anne
JCEMom - I think my DH might be desparate enough for his particular cup of coffee that he'd hold the blow dryer over the water to get it to boil!...Desperate coffe-drinking men do desparate things!
:laughing: From the sounds of it, with those blow dryers, he may be waiting for a LONG time, lol.

I usually pack an electric hot-pot to boil water takes up no room in my suitcase at all....I love eating cup o' noodles in my room late at night while everyone is sleeping :D

We stayed at POFQ 4/24-5/1. The newly renovated rooms came with both a hair dryer (compact conair installed on the wall at the sinks) and a small 4 cup coffee maker. Mousekeeping left fresh packs of coffee each day.

when we stay at the all stars, down at the food court they have boiling water near where you make coffee or tea. i usually rinse my mug out then make my tea. i also like milk in my tea, which i ask the people working there and they always have milk in the back . they are really super about it. oh yeah i forgot, they have free coffe and tea at the food court.

Isn't the "free" coffee and tea for the refillable mugs?

oh yeah , sorry. we have our refill. mugs from all stars. i am a diet coke -pepsi freak so we get our money worth. lol so you can use them for soda or hot tea,.

There is a hot water dispenser at most of the food courts/quick service restaurants at the resorts.

Carol

I saw "boiling water and blow dryer" and was hoping you had a remedy for straightening curly hair in Florida, LOL! The humidity is awful and those little hair dryers in the rooms do nothing. I have given up and wear it curly with lots of mouse, frizz ease and clips and I avoid having my picture taken, LOL! Good luck and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter