Blood in the Refrigerator...A Confusing But Fun Kidani Trip New 2/17

Amazing review! I'm completely enraptured by your storytelling. One thing that might help if M ever gets another vinylmation is that certain stores in DTD allow you to trade once per day (you choose one out of a mystery box and either keep what you have or select the new one, but you can "cheat" the system by passing the vinymation down the line to another in your group and rinse and repeat).

Sorry to hear about the blood. I'm dreading what else is to come based on your comment about the front desk clerk in your original post!

Well that's a relief anyway, I had been imagining something much worse than a defrosted steak. Like someone falling and cutting their head open, so I am relieved that no one was injured.

The ashy glass on the balcony is disgusting too!:smokin:

Yes, it was a first in our Disney experiences!

Oh nooo that would definitely annoy my DH. Yuck

Actually, I think he and my son were really looking forward to eating it....

Amazing review! I'm completely enraptured by your storytelling. One thing that might help if M ever gets another vinylmation is that certain stores in DTD allow you to trade once per day (you choose one out of a mystery box and either keep what you have or select the new one, but you can "cheat" the system by passing the vinymation down the line to another in your group and rinse and repeat).

I wish I'd known that-- we definitely would have given it a try. Apparently Greedo is the most common on-- and the least popular lol

Sorry to hear about the blood. I'm dreading what else is to come based on your comment about the front desk clerk in your original post!

Yeah, she's about to make a reappearance!

Well that's a relief anyway, I had been imagining something much worse than a defrosted steak. Like someone falling and cutting their head open, so I am relieved that no one was injured.

The ashy glass on the balcony is disgusting too!:smokin:

I know--it was really weird how badly this room was cleaned-- but only in a few areas-- like maybe the maid got amnesia in the middle of cleaning and forgot she hadn't done the fridge or balcony yet... or maybe she was the one having a smoke break, who knows....

I'm not sure how housekeeping could take time to make towel animals and yet miss the blood in the refrigerator

I expect because the steak hadn't thawed enough to bleed yet.

But how did they miss the steak? :confused3

Glad they got it all straightened out for you. :thumbsup2

Oh, not quite--there's more to come... but I'm in Charles de Gaulle airport on my way to Romania for 9 days so I won't be able to do any updates until I get back, since media eats up data. I'll continue when I get back!

Oh, not quite--there's more to come... but I'm in Charles de Gaulle airport on my way to Romania for 9 days so I won't be able to do any updates until I get back, since media eats up data. I'll continue when I get back!

Oh I so hope you have a wonderful trip

I'm going to resurrect this long-neglected trip report as soon as I have time. since it's after midnight and I have to work tomorrow morning, I sadly don't have time tonight. But hopefully tomorrow night!

As a preview-- in my next report, I go down to get charging privileges added to DH's and my room keys. And the same clueless CM who checked us in manages to totally screw up the rest of our reservations.

I'm going to resurrect this long-neglected trip report as soon as I have time. since it's after midnight and I have to work tomorrow morning, I sadly don't have time tonight. But hopefully tomorrow night!

As a preview-- in my next report, I go down to get charging privileges added to DH's and my room keys. And the same clueless CM who checked us in manages to totally screw up the rest of our reservations.

I was just wondering about this.... ! Hooray!! (Except for the clueless CM...)

Glad to hear it! :wave2:

I'm following along! :) I love the interesting dynamic of trying to vacation and plan with your daughter in law. (Cause you said your son basically just goes along with what she wants lol). You seem very patient and are such an awesome grandma too to take the grand kids. Reminds me of vacations my grandparents took me on. Such fond memories and your grand kids will cherish these memories!!!

Hi to everyone who found this resurrected report!

It's sooo easy to let life intervene and when I got back from Europe, jet lag took over and then life got messy and there you go.

But I felt guilty about not finishing this. So here we are again!

Standing at the Kidani counter.

With our original clueless CM.

My daughter-in-law and the kids went out to talk to the native Africans and learn more about the animals while using the night-vision goggles. I would join them as soon as I put charging privileges on DH's and my room keys.

I thought.

Now, my son picked up our keys this morning and, naturally, didn't have our credit card to use to put charging privileges on. But I didn't think it would be hard to add this. We've done it before after the fact.

Silly silly me.

Ms Clueless-but-undoubtedly-very-nice-in-real-life took the information. She entered it in the computer and frowned.

"You have a lot of different reservations for this stay," she said.

"Why yes, yes we do," I said. "Because my son and daughter-in-law can't make up their minds, and were going to arrive Thursday, the Wednesday and finally Tuesday, and I had to keep adding days."

Surely I can't be the only one who modifies their reservation 100 times. I've actually revised Dh's and my May reservation two times in the last day. Because I want to run Expedition Everest 5k this year. So I changed the reservation to include that date. But I had this nagging feeling that there was some very important reason why I picked the original dates. Something crucial.

It came to me in the night.

DH's annual pass. The one that caused so much trouble in this trip. It expires in May. So I called back and amended the dates again.

Thanks goodness for middle-of-the-night revelations.

So anyway. Poor Clueless CM was having a terrible time with this. She was in the back. She was on the phone. She was driving me crazy.

She finally told me it would take a little time to do this (Why? Why???) and I should join my family outside and when I came back in, she would have the keys redone.

I believed her.

I went outside and got eaten alive by no-seeums. I still had the bites, which itch like crazy, a month later.

Serves me right. I should have been watching Ms. Clueless.

The kids enjoyed talking to the native Africans and using the night-vision goggles, though.

In case you forgot what we were actually doing out there after all this digression.

We came back in and a lightheartedly asked Ms. Clueless for our room keys. She handed them back to me, for which I breathed a sigh of relief. But then she uttered the most terrifying phrase,

"I had to cancel out your reservation and rebook it to put the charging privileges on your room keys."

"You couldn't possibly have done that," I said, startled nearly speechless at the thought of Ms. Clueless messing around with my DVC points. "I booked this on points. You don't have access to my account."

"It was no problem," she assured me.

Well, I'd be an idiot to believe her, wouldn't I? So when we got back up to the room and got the kids settled for the night, the first thing I did was check my DVC account.

And there were all my points, returned to my DVC account. In holding, which meant I had to use them in the next two months or lose them all.

Which meant I would be charged one hundred bazillion dollars for this cash stay in a 2-bedroom unit.

DVC, of course, was closed by this time. Oh, yes, I went right back down to the front desk, but by this time, only the cleaning lady was still there.

And some poor CM who looked about 12 who couldn't make heads or tails of what I was raving about and told me to come back in the morning, when intelligent life would return to the front desk.

So I stomped back to the room. And back out again, with my computer in hand, so I could rave on the Dis boards about this crazy development.

But at least I had charging privileges on my room key.

Here's a random pictures of the kids eating ice cream bars, since I have no pictures of me ranting at the front desk. Yes, you can see their faces.At least they have hats on.
[URL=http://s1005.photobucket.com/u...leorchard2324/Disney/P1030513.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://s1005.photobucket.com/u...leorchard2324/Disney/P1030513.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

:yay:Yay! So glad you're back. I hope you had a great time in Romania.

So sorry about the DVC debacle.:sad2: I think I would spontaneously combust knowing I should be in the parks instead of being stuck at a counter dealing with tickets and such.:faint:

I hope it ends well.::yes::

How can someone checking you in possibly not know this is a DVC reservation and keep it that way? :confused3

Hope the morning CMs are a little more alert. :sad2:

How can someone checking you in possibly not know this is a DVC reservation and keep it that way? :confused3

Hope the morning CMs are a little more alert. :sad2:

Good question! And as a corellary(sp????) question, why would DVC LET them!!!

Well, you know I was down at the front desk at the crack of 0 dark-thirty. Actually, as soon as I thought the day shift would be in.

I refused to talk to anyone in a CM uniform; I wanted a man or woman in a business suit. Only.

After waving away the CMs whose job it is to keep people away from the bigwigs, I finally got a person with a Suit.

He clucked over my tale of woe and told me he would certainly fix this. He also told me to call DVC and make sure it was fixed.

Like I needed his advice about that.

So we headed out for the most perfect day ever. Really. It was marvelous.

You know how you sometimes have these days where everything is golden? This was one of them.

Because it was nearly perfect, we have lots of pictures.

We started at the Crystal Palace for breakfast.

d0f7e631-c2f4-4b9f-9b97-5b0ef84e8e96.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Then we saved the galaxy and took an illegal picture.

684b3db4-0cbc-4788-bab0-70c1c5b5df82.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I made everyone go into my favorite show, Carousel of Progress. Emma liked the dog. You might notice she has a new animal for this outfit-- Pascal, of course.

The kids had tons of fun on Tom Sawyer Island. I tried to recreate a favorite picture of E from our first visit.

This is it. She was just 2.

Disney2007014.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Obviously, I'll never be able to duplicate it, but that doesn't stop me from trying, with both her and J.

Well, you can't go home again.

c978bfc8-dd99-48d3-853a-3a8c475b43e0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

She's still cute, though. And we still had a perfect day, which I'll continue tomorrow.

Well, you know I was down at the front desk at the crack of 0 dark-thirty. Actually, as soon as I thought the day shift would be in.

I refused to talk to anyone in a CM uniform; I wanted a man or woman in a business suit. Only.

After waving away the CMs whose job it is to keep people away from the bigwigs, I finally got a person with a Suit.

He clucked over my tale of woe and told me he would certainly fix this. He also told me to call DVC and make sure it was fixed.

Like I needed his advice about that.

So we headed out for the most perfect day ever. Really. It was marvelous.

You know how you sometimes have these days where everything is golden? This was one of them.

Because it was nearly perfect, we have lots of pictures.

We started at the Crystal Palace for breakfast.

d0f7e631-c2f4-4b9f-9b97-5b0ef84e8e96.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Then we saved the galaxy and took an illegal picture.

684b3db4-0cbc-4788-bab0-70c1c5b5df82.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I made everyone go into my favorite show, Carousel of Progress. Emma liked the dog. You might notice she has a new animal for this outfit-- Pascal, of course.

The kids had tons of fun on Tom Sawyer Island. I tried to recreate a favorite picture of E from our first visit.

This is it. She was just 2.

Disney2007014.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Obviously, I'll never be able to duplicate it, but that doesn't stop me from trying, with both her and J.

Well, you can't go home again.

c978bfc8-dd99-48d3-853a-3a8c475b43e0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

She's still cute, though. And we still had a perfect day, which I'll continue tomorrow.

so this isn't it right?! haha
Ive caught up and read both of your TR the past two days on down time at work and I LOVE them, hoping this isn't the end???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter