Blockout Day Tickets

bnbheartdisney

Mouseketeer
Does anybody know why Blockout Day Tickets cannot be purchased in advance?:confused3

For anybody that has purchased Blockout Day Tickets, do you use those tickets or your AP for Fastpass Tickets?

TIA!:)

Hopefully my comment will bump your question.

I don't know why they don't sell blackout tickets in advance, just know that they don't.

As far as the FP situation with a blackout day, I remember reading on here that they either override something so that you can use your FP, or they give you a special card for the day (can't remember which), but that either way you'll have a way to get FP's. Anyone that's done this care to comment?

ETA: I did a search and found this thread that I actually started (and totally forgot about lol). The price has since increased to $50. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2520130&highlight=blockout+fastpass

We were able to buy our blockout tickets at the Toy Story parking lot with no wait. They had a booth right were you get on the bus. Not sure it is always there but was great.

Hopefully my comment will bump your question.

I don't know why they don't sell blackout tickets in advance, just know that they don't.

As far as the FP situation with a blackout day, I remember reading on here that they either override something so that you can use your FP, or they give you a special card for the day (can't remember which), but that either way you'll have a way to get FP's. Anyone that's done this care to comment?

ETA: I did a search and found this thread that I actually started (and totally forgot about lol). The price has since increased to $50. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2520130&highlight=blockout+fastpass

Thanks for the link, it was very helpful.

We were able to buy our blockout tickets at the Toy Story parking lot with no wait. They had a booth right were you get on the bus. Not sure it is always there but was great.

We won't be able to do the Toy Story lot option since we'll be on property. Good to know though!

It would make things so much more convenient to by in advance - oh well.;)

I have another question regarding the Blockout Day Tickets...

Does everybody that will be needing one have to be present at the time of purchase? Can one person go with all of our APs and buy for all of us?

Thanks again!

I have another question regarding the Blockout Day Tickets...

Does everybody that will be needing one have to be present at the time of purchase? Can one person go with all of our APs and buy for all of us?

Thanks again!

I've never tested this in person, but Disney says the Passholder must present thier AP when and blockout ticket when entering but nothing about when purchasing.

FYI It now says the BLOCKOUT TICKETS ARE $59.

I've never tested this in person, but Disney says the Passholder must present thier AP when and blockout ticket when entering but nothing about when purchasing.
I guess we all better go to be on the safe side. I was hoping that one could buy the tickets, while another did an early check-in.

FYI It now says the BLOCKOUT TICKETS ARE $59.
:scared1:OMGosh! Thanks for letting me know!!! I didn't even think about Blockout Day Tickets increasing as well.

Why not see if you can buy the block-out ticket at the hotel? They sell the regular tickets so I don't see why they can't sell you the block-out ticket.

With the block-out ticket being $59, you might consider seeing if it's a better deal to just upgrade your pass.

And, I think the block-out ticket may be the one you use to get the FP. If it works the same way that the complimentary ticket I got for the Star Tours AP Preview (my pass was blocked out on the day of the win), I just used the comp ticket for the fast pass.

You can upgrade to any pass on a blocked out day, and will get a free blackout ticket that day, even if it's still blocked out on your new pass.

For example, if you have a SoCal and go on a Saturday during the summer, when the Deluxe is blocked out, you can still upgrade to Deluxe and, even though Deluxe is blocked out, you will get a block out day exemption pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter