Blockout Dates Information Updated

Cheshire Figment

<font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend
The following is taken from an internal FAQ

Can a Guest with a valid, paid, multi‐day ticket or Annual Pass redeem the Give a Day, Get a Disney Day, options (FASTPASS or Ear Hat) during the Program Block out Dates?

Yes. Guests that already possess a valid, paid, multi‐day ticket or Annual Pass for entry a theme park will have the ability to chose an alternate option in place of the Give a Day, Get a Disney Day, ticket during the program block out dates.
And for Seasonal Passholders:
Can a Guest with a Florida Resident Seasonal Pass redeem the Give a Day, Get a Disney Day, alternate options (FASTPASS or Ear Hat) during the Seasonal Block out Dates?

Yes, Give a Day, Get a Disney Day, Guests that possess a valid Florida Resident Seasonal Pass may redeem for the Collectible Ear Hat Figurine with Exclusive Trading Pins on a Seasonal Pass Block Out Date.
However, Give a Day, Get a Disney Day, Guests that possess a valid Florida Resident Seasonal Pass may not redeem for Disney’s FASTPASS Special Exchange Card due to the fact that they do not have admission to the theme park

(The Package Pickup locations at Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be the same on these dates. The Magic Kingdom will have Mickey’s Gift Station at the Transportation and Ticket Center and Disney’s Animal Kingdom will have the Outpost available as alternate locations for pickup of the Ear Hats during these dates)

And this is official information so it should not be a problem. If there is any problem at the Park, ask the person in the booth to check with Miss Piggy for confirmation.

Finally, that puts an end to that! Thanks CF!

Interesting that they allow for getting the figurines on SP block-out dates...and they thought of the fact that you can't go inside to get them either :)

So, Miss Piggy is running the show...that explains a lot!

Fantastic! Thank you so much, CF. We all really appreciate how informative and diligent you've been throughout this confusion.

:thumbsup2 Oh Thank Goodness they set things straight. Took 'em long enough! Thanks for the update! Looks like we're all set.

The following is taken from an internal FAQ

And this is official information so it should not be a problem. If there is any problem at the Park, ask the person in the booth to check with Miss Piggy for confirmation.
I don't want to sound stupid, but is Miss Piggy in charge of something somewhere? I mean if I ask a CM at a ticket booth to check with Miss Piggy, are they going to know what I'm talking about? Thanks.

Thank you soooo much....I was feeling like a deflated balloon...as we just signed up for gad and completed our mission....was looking forward to the fastpasses the week after Easter....shsheewwww, i was thinking we weren't going to be able to use them...I'M SO GLAD I WAS WRONG!!!:banana::banana:

They will definitely come in handy the week after Easter:cool1::cool1:

This is wonderful news. I had asked about this in February and learned on a different thread that the rule had changed. I'm so happy that my Search turned me to this thread.

So excited to use FPs during the busy time we'll be there!

I just had to comment to this, since it had my whole family cracking up at me (they know how much info I get from these boards). We were at will call trading in our vouchers (1 for fastpass cards, the others for tickets). The CM was informing me that we could only receive fastpass cards for the guests in my party who had multi-day tickets, not the ones who just had a one day ticket from the vouchers. I continued to disagree with him and asked if there is a Miss Piggy who works there, a supervisor of some sort. He looked at me like I was crazy, pointed to the picture of Miss Piggy on the volunteer buttons and said, "Well, yes, Miss Piggy works here, but she's not exactly a supervisor". At this point, my whole family thinks I'm crazy, too, until I tell them I had read on these boards that Miss Piggy is a supervisor. The CM turned out to be misinformed about the vouchers, so maybe he doesn't know about Miss Piggy either? Or is this a joke??:rotfl:

The CM turned out to be misinformed about the vouchers, so maybe he doesn't know about Miss Piggy either? Or is this a joke??:rotfl:

I'm guessing that "Miss Piggy" is a code word for a section of the internal information system, and "check with Miss Piggy" is supposed to be understood by the CMs as where for them to look for specific information.

Now, CF's reference to Miss Piggy was in relation to using vouchers on block-out dates - not necessarily about guest requirements for FPXC - but that information might also be there.

I just had to comment to this, since it had my whole family cracking up at me (they know how much info I get from these boards). We were at will call trading in our vouchers (1 for fastpass cards, the others for tickets). The CM was informing me that we could only receive fastpass cards for the guests in my party who had multi-day tickets, not the ones who just had a one day ticket from the vouchers. I continued to disagree with him and asked if there is a Miss Piggy who works there, a supervisor of some sort. He looked at me like I was crazy, pointed to the picture of Miss Piggy on the volunteer buttons and said, "Well, yes, Miss Piggy works here, but she's not exactly a supervisor". At this point, my whole family thinks I'm crazy, too, until I tell them I had read on these boards that Miss Piggy is a supervisor. The CM turned out to be misinformed about the vouchers, so maybe he doesn't know about Miss Piggy either? Or is this a joke??:rotfl:

:rotfl:So did you end up getting the FastPasses for everyone?

I did, after much persistence on my part. Then he acted like he was doing us a big favor. It turns out, though, that we rode all of the non fastpass rides first, as well as getting fastpasses with our regular park tickets. We got there at opening and went at a leisurely pace, planning on waiting till later in the day when it got really busy to use the cards. We were headed to the mountains after lunch to use them and a thunderstorm started. We waited a couple of hours for it to stop, but it never did (we should have checked the weather that morning). So we each only used the cards once for winnie the pooh, so the card was kind of a waste for us. We could have gone back and used them for peter pan and buzz, but we had already ridden them, along with everything else in fantasyland and tomorrowland, and the storm was pretty fierce, so we headed back to the hotel. Still a great day, though!

So did anyone use their voucher for FPs yesterday, during the first block out day?

That's what I would like to know, if anyone can share their experience trying to use the fastpass option during blackout days I would greatly appreciate it!

So you were able to get the FPs with only a one day ticket? I keep seeing 'valid, multi-day ticket' and we only have tickets for one day (this is primarily a space shuttle launch trip). I guess you can say that I am paranoid...:)

So you were able to get the FPs with only a one day ticket? I keep seeing 'valid, multi-day ticket' and we only have tickets for one day (this is primarily a space shuttle launch trip). I guess you can say that I am paranoid...:)

The person whose name is on the voucher has to have a valid multi-day ticket to exchange the voucher for FP cards. Everyone else in the group only needs to have a valid ticket.

Used ours Tuesday, 3/31 at DHS for 6 people at 12:45 pm (EMH by the way), no problem, CM didn't flinch.

Used ours Tuesday, 3/31 at DHS for 6 people at 12:45 pm (EMH by the way), no problem, CM didn't flinch.

We just got home last night after spending 6 nights down there. We had 3 vouchers to use. We saved them for Mon, Tues & Wed and sure were happy that we'd hung onto them since it got SOO busy that MK was closed. On Tues. we did MK in the morning for am EMH's then moved on to Epcot around 11:30 to redeem our vouchers for the fast pass cards to use in the evening (we had dinner ressies in Epcot that night and they had evening EMH's so we wanted to use them after dinner). We came back to Epcot in time for dinner, ate, watched Illuminations then went to use our fast passes in Future World. No problem at Soarin' - the special FP machine was open. Then we went over to TT and there was no machine open to use the cards. We asked a CM and he said the special FP's were not valid for EMH's. We said we'd just used them at Soarin' & he said we shouldn't have been able to!! So he asked if we wanted to talk to whoever was in charge of TT that evening and we said yes! He called for someone & we waited. Our PLAN had been to ride TT 2x but so when the "manager" CM came he again said they didn't have to honor the passes for EMH's and we were like "BUT, BUT, BUT...." so he gave us 1 set of some special FP cards that he had on him. So we did not get to ride it 2x and were lucky to get to ride it once. TT would NOT honor the GAD FP during EMH's but Soarin' did. So there is obviously some confusion still about whether or not they're valid during EMH's. We didn't try to use the Daisy FP's that evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter