Blizzard Beach versus Typhoon Lagoon

Overall, BB whoops TL. But, of all the rides at both parks, Crushin Gusher is the best. Plus shark reef is really cool (we actually don't care for the wave pool at TL). So, it's a tossup. I say BB for a full day and TL if you have half a day to spend.

correct me if im wrong, but does BB have the same slide set up as TL? IE you dont walk up stairs straight up, but instead go along either a walk way or a gradual increase rather than a straight shot

That's a great question! I am pretty afraid of heights. I don't mind going down water slides but climbing the see-through stairs just about does me in. Are there stairs to access the slides at either of the parks or just sidewalks?

That's a great question! I am pretty afraid of heights. I don't mind going down water slides but climbing the see-through stairs just about does me in. Are there stairs to access the slides at either of the parks or just sidewalks?

I am more familiar with BB than TL, so can answer for BB. The set up is pretty different from what you see at your average water park. Since it is Disney, the park is very "themed," including the approaches to the slides. So there will be stairs - but not like those wooden staircases that go straight up, like at most water parks. More like sloping cement sidewalks and sets of steps, with landscaping.

At BB, there is also a ski lift that takes you up to several of the biggest slides. It's very convenient and a fun ride all on its own.

The last time we were at TL was before kids and before Crush N Gusher. I remember standing in long lines carrying heavy inner tubes. I did enjoy e slides and the lazy river.

BB is great for kids! The family tube slide was really neat. We also really enjoyed the ski lift to the slides. I don't think we found all of the tube slides or maybe they only had 2??

The last time we were at TL was before kids and before Crush N Gusher. I remember standing in long lines carrying heavy inner tubes. I did enjoy e slides and the lazy river.

BB is great for kids! The family tube slide was really neat. We also really enjoyed the ski lift to the slides. I don't think we found all of the tube slides or maybe they only had 2??

There are a couple on the back side of the "mountain" and there's no real easy way to get there. That's the Red Slope. You may have found those as there aren't a ton of tube slides at BB.

For me, the theming at TL is much better than BB. We go to WDW during the cold weather months and the last thing I want to see is more snow - even the fake variety. I want a tropical getaway, so we stay at the Polynesian and go to TL over BB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter