blizzard beach/ typhoon lagoon

dixie13

DIS Veteran
i have heard that while we are in wdw, during NJ "teacher week" (the first week of november) blizzard beach will be the water parked closed for refurbishing instead of the usual typhoon lagoon. i'm sure our family will enjoy typhoon lagoon, but i am a little disappointed. there's nothing like the feeling of dropping from that 120 foot summit plummet!! has anyone else heard this?

It's true. I believe they are rehabbing differently this year as at TL they will be redoing the locker/changing area (possibly enlarging them?).

It is true, however, I'm sure your family will enjoy Typhoon Lagoon as well!

Erin :D

There's already been one skirmish on this topic so just to chime in yes it looks like the rehabs have been swapped....

I much prefer Typhoon Lagoon. Much more relaxing, I enjoy the theming and there is nothing like getting a "cold" drink and sitting in a beach chair in the late afternoon and watch the kids play in the wave pool.

Also try the surfing lessons at Typhoon Lagoon. They are awesome. We did it each of our last two trips.

Interestingly we had the opposite reaction...

We go every summer and every thanksgiving. TG is our family favorite, and we were thrilled to learn that it would be open this fall. BB is a great water park too, but we seem to prefer TG.

Enjoy your trip!

I just saw the 2004 hours, since I'll be camped out in Orlando for 4 weeks in january it looks like BB is the one open this year.

So which is a better park?

TL or BB?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter