• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon???

When we go next year my kids will be turning 5 & 8 at the time of our trip. We want to spend a day at the park but worries that there won't be much for my then 5 year old. She is currently 42 inches tall, which would be better for her? Would she be able to do the swim with the sharks at TL or still to small? Can you bring your own life jackets and/or are some available there and cost? TIA!!

We took my kids 10 and 6 to typhoon they loved it. Not too intense. My six yr old went on everything except hula kowabunga. He swam with the fish and they give everyone vest. This year we doing blizzard very excited. Have great time
Jim

Blizzard Beach has the best thrill rides overall, although Crushin Gusher is probably the best ride in either park, and that's in Typhoon Lagoon. Yours might also appreciate the big waves at TL and shark reef. Those three attractions are fun and unique. The rest of the park is a step down from BB though, IMO.

This is how we feel. We love BB the most-it would be perfect if Crushin Gusher was there!

DH an I pretty much only do the wave pools an lazy rivers. We usually go to TL because BB allows tubes in the wave pool an we get tired of being eaten to death by the tubes very quickly. An the lazy river is much better at TL too I think.

Typhoon Lagoon is our preference. Crush N Gusher is awesome and the Shark Reef is a unique experience. We like both, however. You can't really go wrong either way. :goodvibes

When we go next year my kids will be turning 5 & 8 at the time of our trip. We want to spend a day at the park but worries that there won't be much for my then 5 year old. She is currently 42 inches tall, which would be better for her? Would she be able to do the swim with the sharks at TL or still to small? Can you bring your own life jackets and/or are some available there and cost? TIA!!

I don't know if you can bring your own but they are available there and while I haven't gotten one I believe they are free but you must leave a picture id until you return it. She would be allowed to swim with the sharks (it is a get in- go straight across the top of the water and get out experience- the sharks are at the bottom of the tank). I don't know about the height requirements but they are available under information on the park as far as the slides are concerned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter