Blizzard Beach Do Over - "The Bestest Day Ever!!!! HORRAY FOR HOLLYWOOD! NEW 06/12 Pg 19 and 20

Tammie, you're so funny!! :) I have many of those same photos- it's just so amazingly beautiful there at AK! Nice start to you morning!

Tammie, you're so funny!! :) I have many of those same photos- it's just so amazingly beautiful there at AK! Nice start to you morning!

It is a beautiful "not a zoo" my favorite park..well when I am at MK I think " THIS is my fav" but AK is a don't miss for me. It is so well themed.

See, I did get the hidden Mickey!!!

Another tiger pic:

A few more of my attempts to be artsy:

Mason had the map out - ready to point the way back in time

On our way to Dinosaur, we saw this guy and were starstruck!

Evan decided he would join us

On to our journey back in time – not sure if Evan was scared or confused.

So our Nemo got moved up due to a “yellow band” FP. So we hightailed it over to the stroller parking and headed in. With the FP, you get VIP seating. We were all the way up front and center. This was a first for us, We enjoyed it a lot. Well, exept for Jim who promptly fell asleep because he was on meds so he could enjoy EE. He said it was a good trade off. It is pretty great how they can involve you in the story so well. I guess none of our non flash pics came out.

Next up: Who can guess what non-wanted adventure we have next??? 10 points!!!!

I have to say I honestly don't even know what has kept me away so much lately.

Plague? Pestilence?

We've had some drama with a small fender bender and a nasty injury to Lindsay's toe, we have been a little busy and a lot tired. So there are my excuses.

Perfectly acceptable excuses. You're forgiven.

Now back to the Birthday Bash!!!

Woot!

We asked him which park he wanted to be at on his birthday, and his choice was ANIMAL KINGDOM of course! (Makes a grandma proud )

:laughing: Would be my last choice, I'm afraid. Sorry, Tammie.

He said he wanted to ride Expedition Everest 4 TIMES!!! Would he accomplish it? Tune in to see.

Good goal though.

How did we do?

I have a feeling you're going to let us know.

Well, we were off to a great start by getting a wake up call at 7am from a very caring blow up doll

What?!?!? Tammie! Family board!

I mean robot.

Oh. Phew!

We grabbed our “gramurder” bars (as Mason prounounced granola until about a year ago.)
:laughing:

We waited for 3 buses, and then we were on our way!

Should've taken the first one. Less waiting.

We had only one stop inside the resort, and then a stop at TL to drop off some swimmers.

Just keep swimming!

We were the only ones headed to AK – private ride – that’s how we roll!

::yes:: That's the way it should always be!

(or maybe someone forgot their deodorant?)

Oh.... whoops!

Everyone looks pretty happy and excited! :)

Everyone's got their eyes closed! Too early in the morning? :rolleyes:

I think someone was asking how wet they would get - wish I had an after pic (actually looking at this again, I think this might be the first "after" pic - they look a little damp, so maybe they are discussing how wet they got!)

I zoomed in and they look pretty dry still. Especially since you said you were soaked.

We all got totally soaked!

See!

Since we were wet, and it was a walk on – we ran through again.

:laughing: We were the opposite. My DDs were not thrilled to be wet. Kay in particular was not a happy camper.

When we came out the second time, dripping wet, we got some dubious looks from some ladies heading onto the ride – I think they almost turned back when they saw how wet were.

:lmao: You should've told them you fell in!

I love all of the photo ops and artistic shots you can get in here.. just wish I was better at it, like MEK.

I tried.

And I think you did very well. :thumbsup2

Oops couldn't tell it was actually posting the above....

Oops again

:lmao: You crack me up, Tammie!

See, I did get the hidden Mickey!!!

Oh! That's where it is!

On to our journey back in time – not sure if Evan was scared or confused.

Looks perturbed.

We were all the way up front and center.

Nice!

Well, exept for Jim who promptly fell asleep because he was on meds so he could enjoy EE. He said it was a good trade off.

::yes:: I'd say so. I'd rather sleep through Nemo than have to skip EE.

Next up: Who can guess what non-wanted adventure we have next??? 10 points!!!!

Caught in a thunderstorm?

Got me the same HM. They are so fun to look for and "collect". Much cheaper than pins! ;)

I love the picture of you and Jim and the little ones! Super cute with Explorer Donald. I find that the characters in AK are nice(r) because they seem to be more random and therefore have WAY shorter lines. I came across several and just walked right up to them. Yeah, they are random, but that makes them even better in my book.

Plague? Pestilence?

Yes, that's it: all of the above.

Perfectly acceptable excuses. You're forgiven.

Thank you. Thank you very much

Woot!

:laughing: Would be my last choice, I'm afraid. Sorry, Tammie.

Oh no! If I was your Grandma, I might not be very proud...

I have a feeling you're going to let us know.

Eventually

What?!?!? Tammie! Family board!

LOL! (for some reason the smilies aren't working right now. Could be because I'm at work)

Oh. Phew!

:laughing:

Should've taken the first one. Less waiting.

Yep. Good plan. I have always wanted to play "bus Roulette" but I always seem to have an agenda

:laughing: We were the opposite. My DDs were not thrilled to be wet. Kay in particular was not a happy camper.

There's the difference between teenage girls and little boys! Don't tell any of those gender neutral peeps, they won't understand.

:lmao: You should've told them you fell in!

LOL again

And I think you did very well. :thumbsup2

Not too bad, if I do say so myself.

:lmao: You crack me up, Tammie!

I had the idea that if I kept hitting reply, one of those times it would post. Duh. I just didn't see anything happening - thought my laptop had frozen. (computer crashing smiley goes here)

Looks perturbed.
Maybe the dino disturbed his nap?

Nice!

::yes:: I'd say so. I'd rather sleep through Nemo than have to skip EE.

Caught in a thunderstorm?

Noted.

Got me the same HM. They are so fun to look for and "collect". Much cheaper than pins! ;)

I'm sure there is something on pinterest for collecting those!

I love the picture of you and Jim and the little ones! Super cute with Explorer Donald. I find that the characters in AK are nice(r) because they seem to be more random and therefore have WAY shorter lines. I came across several and just walked right up to them. Yeah, they are random, but that makes them even better in my book.

Awe, thanks, Liesa. I always like the random characters the best. We rarely wait in lines to meet them - it just isn't the same. When my kids were little, you would just find them wandering around and you could walk up and meet them. Now they are mobbed and scheduled most of the time.

**I WILL BE BACK SOON - JUST HAVING TROUBLE KEEPING THIS ONE GOING, OR EVEN BEING ON THE DIS, I GUESS*** Thanks for sticking with me.

Wheelin'

When last I left off, we were regaled with a fabulous front seat showing of Nemo, Live Onstage, Jim got his nap in, and we were ready for a little lunch, or a lot of lunch, whichever it might be..... What unwanted adventure did we encounter???

We came out to retrieve our stroller so we could get to lunch, and guess what? No Stroller!!! Now remember our stroller is a little umbrella stroller $20 Walmart special. Not some prized uber jogger. Now I know what you are thinking - "They always move the stroller - just look around, you'll find it. Just ask the CM, they will help you find it."

The same stroller was all over the park. We found the backpack on the ground right where we left the stroller. We found another one just like it parked near the CM who was the stroller nazi. It actually had a tag on it. Name and phone number and Make a Wish on it. (I think I doubt the MAW but more on that later.) We spoke to the CM, who said she would watch that one, and if two shows let out and no one had claimed it yet, we could come back for it because the owner of that stroller must have taken the wrong one. Now, we are wondering what the conversation was like when that decision was made: “Hey!” Who took our name tag off our stroller that looks like 100 others in this park and put their backpack on it?” “I’m putting your backpack on the ground and taking my stroller – take that!” pirate:

The CM loaned us a park rental stroller, and we headed off to lunch. We were all quite disgusted that someone would interrupt our day like that.

When we got to Flametree BBQ – we found it was just a walk up trailer due to an upgrade construction or something, but it was near the seating area, so it was alright. They were actually out of chicken when we started ordering, but they quickly caught up. Jim and I shared a chicken and rib basket.
Ribs and Chicken Combo - The best of both worlds; Ribs and Chicken, direct from our Kitchen's Smokehouse. This special combination platter is served with our homemade baked Beans and Jalapeno Cornbread - $16.19

The outdoor seating was across the street, but we found a nice table in the shade.

I'm thinking the boys had hot dogs and fruit. Not sure what Ryan and Dana had.

We were refreshed, and headed back to check on the stroller - still no deal. Somewhere along the way, we stopped for more PP:

Next: Did he do 4???

That stinks that someone took your stroller and threw the backpack on the ground! That's just rude!

Jill in CO

We came out to retrieve our stroller so we could get to lunch, and guess what? No Stroller!!!

Oh.... poop.

We found the backpack on the ground right where we left the stroller.

That's... weird.

(I think I doubt the MAW but more on that later.)

Oh? Sounds like an interesting story coming up.

We spoke to the CM, who said she would watch that one, and if two shows let out and no one had claimed it yet, we could come back for it because the owner of that stroller must have taken the wrong one.

Makes sense. Still...

Now, we are wondering what the conversation was like when that decision was made: “Hey!” Who took our name tag off our stroller that looks like 100 others in this park and put their backpack on it?” “I’m putting your backpack on the ground and taking my stroller – take that!” pirate:

That's exactly what I was thinking.

When we got to Flametree BBQ – we found it was just a walk up trailer due to an upgrade construction or something, but it was near the seating area, so it was alright.

I'm surprised that it would still be open then.

The outdoor seating was across the street, but we found a nice table in the shade.

Nice.

Next: Did he do 4???

Yes! Yes he did! Or, no! No! Wait! Let's go with yes!

Unbelievable! How incredibly rude and just wrong. :( I hope it was some mistake, but it sure doesn't look like it at all.

I LOVE the Flame Tree. Good choice!

More stupid???? Yikes - really who needs to steal a stroller. Glad your bellies got full and while I hope he did go back and do 4 , between a full belly and later afternoon it might be doubtful.

I'm really enjoying your TR! You have the cutest grandkids. I hope Evan got to 4 rides on EE. One go around makes me queasy so I couldn't imagine 4 lol.

Crazy stroller story... wow. Can't wait to hear how that one turns out.

More stupid???? Yikes - really who needs to steal a stroller. Glad your bellies got full and while I hope he did go back and do 4 , between a full belly and later afternoon it might be doubtful.

Well you wonder how people function sometimes.
Lunch was delicious! Hmmmm 2 down 2 to go?

I'm really enjoying your TR! You have the cutest grandkids. I hope Evan got to 4 rides on EE. One go around makes me queasy so I couldn't imagine 4 lol.

Crazy stroller story... wow. Can't wait to hear how that one turns out.

Hi Vernie! Thank you! I can't remember if you have commented here before, but if not welcome! :welcome: I'm glad you are enjoying.
We will see about the rides:rolleyes1
we were quite shocked to find our stroller gone, and at first just assumed the CM had moved it. She said it happens every day :confused:
:faint:

I'm caught up Tammie. Looked like a nice lineup planned for your AK day.

Well, exept for Jim who promptly fell asleep because he was on meds so he could enjoy EE. He said it was a good trade off.

:rotfl2: I agree! If there's got to be a trade-off, go with that one! :laughing:

Now, we are wondering what the conversation was like when that decision was made: “Hey!” Who took our name tag off our stroller that looks like 100 others in this park and put their backpack on it?” “I’m putting your backpack on the ground and taking my stroller – take that!” pirate:

That's exactly what I was thinking when you were describing the situation. They think that someone would come along and hang a backpack on somebody else's stroller??!

Oh do tell...!

I'm about to

I'm caught up Tammie. Looked like a nice lineup planned for your AK day.

:rotfl2: I agree! If there's got to be a trade-off, go with that one! :laughing:

That's exactly what I was thinking when you were describing the situation. They think that someone would come along and hang a backpack on somebody else's stroller??!

Hey GLennbo! Welcome back - I can't stay caught up anywhere. Some people make you wonder

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter