Blizzard Beach/Day Before Seasonal Closing

themilesfamily

<font color=green>Wanna potty with Spongebob Squar
Do you think Blizzard Beach will be extra-packed the day before it's due to close for the season? (People may have the mindset that this is their last chance to get there for the year.) The last day it's open is a Monday.

Do you think Blizzard Beach will be extra-packed the day before it's due to close for the season?.

Doubt it.

BTW, what do you mean "Closed for the season?"

The water parks are open year- round (except for a breif time in the Winter when ONE or the other is down for refurb.)

What day is it closing for rehab? I have been looking to see if it was BB or TL closing this year and haven't seen anything.

Doubt it.

BTW, what do you mean "Closed for the season?"

The water parks are open year- round (except for a breif time in the Winter when ONE or the other is down for refurb.)

I thought that one or the other of the waterparks closed down for a few months?? Maybe I'm wrong on that and a closure is only for a short time and therefore no big deal and won't effect the crowds the week before?

I just thought that if BB was closing down for MONTHS, people would be thinking, "Oh, we'd better get to BB before it closes for the winter." And therefore, Typhoon Lagoon would be a better choice the day/week prior.

Robo, I overthink these things. lol What it must be like to live in my head! (when I'm planning a Disney vacation!)

What day is it closing for rehab? I have been looking to see if it was BB or TL closing this year and haven't seen anything.

According to the DISboard schedule (which is tentative -- could change) BB is scheduled to close on Tuesday, Oct. 28.

There is no big flux in the crowds the week before a water park closes for rehab. Florida residents typically stay away from the water parks from October - April, and even with only one water park open, the crowds there are not a problem at all.

Do you think Blizzard Beach will be extra-packed the day before it's due to close for the season? (People may have the mindset that this is their last chance to get there for the year.) The last day it's open is a Monday.

Because of teh way scheduling works, all major changes for the water parks are done on Sundays.

According to the DISboard schedule (which is tentative -- could change) BB is scheduled to close on Tuesday, Oct. 28.

I don't know where the DisBoards source is, but I have looked on the passworded Disney Intranet and it still shows both open on October 31.

Normally one water park will close at a time, and the first one will close around the end of October. This is necessary as all the pumps have to be torn down and rebuilt because of all the sand that gets in them. Since the October schedule shows both open until the end of the month, my thoughts are as follows.

One park will close on Sunday, November 2. On Sunday January 4 that park will reopen and the other one will close. On Sunday March 8 you will then have both parks open again. This past winter Typhoon closed first, but for the two years before that Blizzard closed first. We will not know until the November schedules are posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter