Blizzard Beach - am I missing something?

Marthasor

DIS Veteran
We haven't been to Blizzard Beach in a while and I'm trying to figure out a good plan.

It will only be me and DS7. I was thinking of storing our clothes in a locker and renting towels at Blizzard Beach. We won't be sitting a lot, so I wasn't considering renting a cabana or the special chairs. I thought I would just leave the towels and our sunscreen on a chair? Is that ok or will people move our stuff? I suppose we should wear water shoes? Also, I am assuming I can just use my MagicBand to purchase food and anything else we may need? (We are staying onsite and my cc will be linked)

Please let me know if I'm missing anything or if you have any other tips you could share!

Thanks!

We go every trip, usually 2x. We bring towels from the hotel and leave them on chairs along with our coverups and shoes. We usually rent a small locker for phone/keys/money. (We rent a car so no way to avoid having car keys with us.)

While I was at BB we left all of our stuff on chairs right beside the locker and restroom area and had no problems. We did not get there til around 11:00 so a lot of the chairs around the water areas were already taken. I personally would not rent a cabana either. We were never at our stuff and always on the go. I would recommend water shoes. We didn't wear any while we there, but I will next time! After staying til close our feet were tired of walking on the concrete.
Don't forget to get a PhotoPass ;) Since we didn't take a camera these are the only pictures we have from the day. They turned out really good too. Have Fun!

We have gone for the slimmed down approach to water parks. We used to rent towels and a locker. On our previous trip we left a bag with a change of clothes in the car. This trip we went to BB and TL for opening. We headed for the area we wanted first that would get busier. At TL we rode Crush n Gusher 3 times on the 3 different slides first. We went with shorts/skirt and t-shirt and wore water shoes/flip-flops/crocs. We brought our own towels and left them on loungers in the area we were focusing on before moving to another area. You can get a small waterproof case you wear round your neck for your car key. This time DH used my waterproof camera case. We had lunch using magic band before heading out. We got loads done in a morning with this approach.

You can absolutely leave your clothes and towel at a chair, I wouldn't leave valuables. Lunch with MB definitely. And I agree that getting there early makes a big difference as always

Arrive in swim wear plus t-shirt. Wear only magic band. Carry small pouch with sunscreen and other personal care. Leave pouch and tees on chair. If it gets boosted oh well.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the tips everyone! Sounds like the lighter the better! We are looking forward to BB!

OP we were wondering the same things! I am curious to those who mentioned you can use your magicband to order lunch and charge it can you do the same for renting your locker and the deposits you have to put on your locker and a life jacket for a kid, or do you have to do that with cash?

OP we were wondering the same things! I am curious to those who mentioned you can use your magicband to order lunch and charge it can you do the same for renting your locker and the deposits you have to put on your locker and a life jacket for a kid, or do you have to do that with cash?

Oh, good question!!! I was so focused on food I forgot how we would pay for the locker - LOL! I hope we can use our magic band for that, too. If BB is like the resort pools, the life jackets are free!

Oh, good question!!! I was so focused on food I forgot how we would pay for the locker - LOL! I hope we can use our magic band for that, too. If BB is like the resort pools, the life jackets are free!
Yes I believe the life jackets are free but to my understanding you have to put a $25 deposit down on them and you get it back when you return the jacket

I may be wrong, but the life vests looked free while we were there last weekend. The rack filled with vests was unatteded. Also, there were vests laying all around the park on the ground and floating in the lazy river.

The life jackets are now just available to pick up. We had the dining plan so could use snacks and quick service using our magic bands. If not and onsite guest you could use to charge to room if set up. I imagine would be same with locker rental either that or you could have the money ready to give over on arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter