Blizard Beach, better than Typhoon Lagoon?

Which do you prefer?

• Blizard Beach

• Typhoon Lagoon

Results are only viewable after voting.

~Kik-Kik~

DIS Veteran
I have yet to be to BB. Is it better than TL when you don't count the two big slides? I just want to know what to expect.

I have yet to be to BB. Is it better than TL when you don't count the two big slides? I just want to know what to expect.

Expect to have fun. They are both great. If you go into it with the expectation that it is a waterpark in HOT Florida you will have blast whichever you chose.

Typhoon Lagoon hands down. I love the tropical feel it has.
BB is very concrete jungle with not much shade.
The slides at both are very good though.

Expect to have fun. They are both great. If you go into it with the expectation that it is a waterpark in HOT Florida you will have blast whichever you chose.
I live it Florida, so expecting the heat isn't hard. We went to TL 2 weeks ago and complained because it was cold, and my sister nearly drowned in the Shark Reef (joy), but thats another story.

They are both very nice water parks, but like the PP, I prefer the tropical atmosphere of TL better.

We went to both and enjoyed both - but we returned to Typhoon Lagoon. It had a nicer theming.

What about crowd levels? Since the consensus seems to be that both are good but TL is best, should we expect TL to be more crowded and therefore head to BB if we want to avoid the masses? Or will both be pretty much equally crowded?

What about crowd levels? Since the consensus seems to be that both are good but TL is best, should we expect TL to be more crowded and therefore head to BB if we want to avoid the masses? Or will both be pretty much equally crowded?

We found Typhoon Lagoon had shorter lines. A Cast Member said that was always the case because more people spend time in the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon, but I can't confirm that is always the case.

loonytoony said it best - "Expect to have fun!" BB is yet another example of fantastic theming, and both have their own charm. I would prefer BB over TL if I had young swimmers as the TL wave pool is ferocious (in a good way) but the floor surface offers lots of road rash if you get tossed about. BB's bobbing waves are big enough for fun but don't bowl you over. Teamboat Springs is THE very best, IMHO. TL is prettier (again, IMHO) Maybe you can try both.

I think TL has more to offer than BB. The Wave pool, shark reef, the slides are good. BB has better slides but the wait time is extreme conpared to TL.

Both a likely to be full on a hot day.

Kind of depends what you're looking for....

TL definitely has the better wave pool

BB has the best family raft ride

BB has larger slides

TL has a more tropical feel--nicer landscaping

BB has a "Jr. Ski Patrol" area specifically for kids too old for the little kids area but not quite adventurous enough for the large slides

TL has a nice area where really young children (babies/toddlers) won't get trampled by preschoolers

Net, which you go to depends what your family is interested in. If you can't decide, check out both!

Such a hard vote!

Typhoon Lagoon definitely wins in terms of atmosphere/theming and the wave pool. It's always seemed less crowded to us, with the longest lines around the 45 min mark, but several of the body slides (i.e. no raft) around the 20 min mark by mid-day in the summer. When the lines seem like too much, there's always the wave pool or hanging out in the shade enjoying the tropical music. On the downside, there's a lot of carrying your raft up the stairs and there are fewer slides. There is a kiddie area, but unlike Blizzard Beach, there is not really an area for the kids aged 5-10.

Blizzard Beach has many more slides (two of them are intense), you only have to carry rafts up part of the way, and the kid's area is great. On the downside, once it's crowded, it's just plain crowded. Lines for many of the rides (non-weekend, summer) can run anywhere from 40 mins to 90 mins (summit plummet) and the pool is smaller and also gets seriously crowded. Blizzard Beach is awesome first thing in the morning (particularly if they have EMH), but gets tough to manage by 12:00.

Our group of 5 kids (10 - 16) like both the parks a lot and it's also hard for them to choose their favorite!

I think I liked Typhoon Lagoon better than Blizzard Beach. I just liked the slides better and it was much prettier.

The bobbing pool at BB is a waste of concrete and water. The wave pool at TL is wonderful. The wave pool is probably twice the size of the dinky little bobbing pool.

I voted TL all the way. We usually go to both but TL is my favorite because as others have said, the theme is great and I also enjoy the wave pool and lazy river when not over crowded.

As for which park is the busiest, I think it is BB because when they close for capacity it is usually BB that closes first and then TL from the overflo.

Each park has its good points, but BB has a better variety of things for kids to do. My nieces and nephews usually end up at BB 2 times every trip to Florida.

The wave pool at TL is hands down the best wave pool in the state and my favorite place in that park.

As for tropical-even though BB uses the ski park theme this is Florida so the tropics are there, too. The wave pool and river are supposedly on the tropical sea shore where the ice has melted or some such story<g> so you will have the palms and foliage of a semi-tropical area. LOL You might even see a wayward snake or other Florida creature make it into the parks.

Best thing to do is try them both out and choose which suits you best.

They are both nice and on longer trips we try to visit both water parks but we prefer BB. My husband and I are not adventurous water slide people so I can't really comment on the better slides. We have a 7 year old who swims but isn't a super strong swimmer and is intimadated by the big slides. Ski Patrol Training Camp is PERFECT for him. Since SPTC is kind of self-contained we feel very comfortable finding chairs within the area and letting him just go off on his own knowing he is not allowed to leave the area without coming to get us. We also LOVE the Family Raft ride. My mom who can't swim and is terrified of any ride stronger than what is found in Fantasy Land LOVED the Family Raft ride and did it over and over again with us. I actually prefer the "Wave Pool" at BB because I don't like getting slammed to the concrete ground of the big Wave Pool at TL. However my son and husband love the Wave Pool at TL. But there is an area at TL that is almost just a calm pool that look into the "off ramp" of the water coaster that I like because it isn't rough and you can just kind of relax and hang out there. We were going to try to Shark Reef at TL but the water is so flipping cold I refused!!

TL has always been my favorite. My kids preferred BB as preteens because of the Ski Patrol area. DD prefers slides at BB but prefers crowd level and atmosphere at TL. I remember oldest daughter and me taking bus from BB to TL--very roundabout way--because we liked it so much more.
If your family is large, you will probably have some that prefer each.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter