Blind Item for thought...

I can't see the big deal, if someone wanted to sprinkle discretely into one of the large bodies of water on the property. Like, Seven Seas Lagoon, Bay Lake, World Showcase Lagoon, Crescent Lake, the waterway between DHS and the Swan/Dolphin. It wouldn't do any harm.

Now, that being said, I do realize that it's against the rules and you would have to be really careful not to get caught. But, yeah, I would do it for someone I care about and I would want it done for me.

Well, if I step on any of your relatives...

My sincere apologies. :rolleyes1

I actually think this is awesome & I wish Disney would get behind it. How cool would it be to have your final resting place somewhere that you absolutely loved?! I may be in the minority here, but I don't care :lovestruc

You can dump your loved one's remains in my yard. Then, they will have Wishes near them each night. I will have to warn you, however, that the fire ants will most likely make a nest in their ashes. Just one of the joys of ended up in Florida.

hmmmm....ashes at WDW, pixie dust of a different sort...maybe Disney could cash in and sell a 'Pixie Dust Package' where Tinkerbell sprinkles your ashes when flying to the castle.

I forget the name of the lagoon in the WS, but that's where I'd like to be. :)

I don't think a tiny pinch of dead person will harm anything and if dropped on Main Street Shawshank-Redemption-style, nobody would be the wiser. Of course, you'd also have bits of dead person on YOU, but if you were close enough to have their remains and cared enough to drag them to Orlando, I'm guessing a bit of dead person ash won't bug you too much.

Now, taking all of someone, chunks and everything - that's a little much. IMO.

On a recent WDW Facebook post, a man commented that he and his wife sprinkled some of their 4 month old son's ashes on Peter Fan where the Lost Boys are sitting around the fire. They also planned to visit Disneyland and spread his ashes on a ride there. Very sad for them that they lost their child. And, I do understand why a lot of people would want part of them spread at Disney. But, the thought of other people's remains on a ride or in areas we walk in does disgust me.

On a recent WDW Facebook post, a man commented that he and his wife sprinkled some of their 4 month old son's ashes on Peter Fan where the Lost Boys are sitting around the fire. They also planned to visit Disneyland and spread his ashes on a ride there. Very sad for them that they lost their child. And, I do understand why a lot of people would want part of them spread at Disney. But, the thought of other people's remains on a ride or in areas we walk in does disgust me.

I feel for them and their loss, but sorry this is just disgusting and not appropriate at all.

Also, that just means the ashes ended up swept/sucked up and discarded with the dust during the cleaning.

maybe disney could turn an area(rvier countary?) into a place where ashes could be spread.. put up a nice memorial and maybe cut out a lake.. or a fountain for people to dump the ashes....

This way people would not have a to break the rules... :confused3

Has for me i want to be the in Rivers of America...

I don't think they could vaccum me out of there!!! :rotfl2:

Saw this today: http://blindgossip.com/?p=22734#comments

NationalEnquirer –"Which TV and film star took the ashes of a dearly departed relative to the Magic Kingdom? The woman spread some of the loved one’s ashes without permission throughout the California theme park – and even around The Haunted Mansion!"

Lots of speculation that it's Jamie Lee Curtis with her dad's ashes.

Would you like a little bit of you left at WDW when you die??

YEP!!!!:surfweb:

I feel for them and their loss, but sorry this is just disgusting and not appropriate at all.

Also, that just means the ashes ended up swept/sucked up and discarded with the dust during the cleaning.
It must have been comforting to the parents to do this and it is such fine ash after creamation anyhow. If they do get swept up then they in WDW or DL forever in the hearts of those parents of a loved one

I think it's downright disgusting to have ashes spread in a theme park. Yes, it's Disney, we all love Disney. But a memorial park in one of the happiest places on earth? No thanks. It just reminds me of that scene from War of the Worlds - The one where they are incinerated by the large alien thing and basically running through people dust.. That scene made me sick to my stomach, why would I want it at a place I spend thousands of dollars at. It just gives me a reason to be paranoid at Disney. I wouldn't enjoy my vacation if I knew actions like this would happen more often than just the occasional person doing so.

Not me! I told my hubby and kids when I die to sprinkle my ashes over the Hollywood sign in California. Why would I want to be on some ride for all eternity listening to the same warped music forever? no thanks!!!:lmao:

Don't care. I'll be dead and unaware of what takes place here. I believe that in Heaven there will be no concern with earthly things. I'll take Johnny Carson's $1.98 Forest Lawn special. It involves a 4 inch hole and a croquet mallet.

Seven Seas Lagoon. Just have my ashes in a backpack, go out on a searacer, and scatter some of them. I have a couple other places in mind too, so it's not like someone is standing on the back of the ferry, dumping an urn full of ashes into the lake.

I didn't have anything to do with it but I know that some of my grandparents ashes reside in the waters of IASW.

Poor grandpa......I couldn't imagine having to listen to that song for the rest of eternity. :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter