Blender recs for smoothies, without spending a lot of $$$$

Disneygrl71

Mouseketeer
I'm looking for a good blender for making smoothies for myself and son! I'll be using frozen fruit. Thanks in advance :)

My husband and I have used a magic bullet for the last 5 years for our smoothies. It is about $50. I think we are about to purchase a nutribullet though. I believe it is supposed to be a little better for smoothies. I think it runs about $80.

I use a Hamilton beach personal blender that ranges from about 10-15 dollars. I'm on my third one. The blender cups last about 18 months of once or twice daily use. The seal just sort of wears out. I do wash in the dishwasher. My dh has a nutribullet, but I still prefer the Hamilton beach! I use frozen fruit every time. I think it is an excellent value and it has good reviews. The smoothies turn out great!

We have a Ninja Kitchen system blender with the single serve blending cups and it makes great smoothies. I prefer the single serve cups to the large jar because they blend more smoothly. If I were getting one today I'd get the Nutri Ninja.

We got a Ninja on sale around Christmas. I don't know what model - It came with 2 serving cups that you blend the smoothie in and then drink from and a pitcher. We really like it. We have never made so many smoothies because it works so well and is easy. I think they are kind of expensive at full price, but maybe you can find a special.

I'm a Vitamix owner myself but for a more affordable option I'd go with a Ninja for sure.

Don't waste your money or time with a Nutribullet or Magic Bullet or Hamilton Beach personal blender...they are all junk.

I use a Hamilton beach personal blender that ranges from about 10-15 dollars. I'm on my third one. The blender cups last about 18 months of once or twice daily use. The seal just sort of wears out. I do wash in the dishwasher. My dh has a nutribullet, but I still prefer the Hamilton beach! I use frozen fruit every time. I think it is an excellent value and it has good reviews. The smoothies turn out great!

I have this...been using 1-2x daily for about 4 months now.... I LOVE how simple it is to make a quick smoothie and grab the cup and go....I know there are better products, but for the money,it's a great little blender. I have a regular ninja blender for big recipes,or lots of people at once. The Ninja rocks,(it's so good) and when my HB personal blender stops working,i intend to get the ninja brand personal smoothie blender:thumbsup2

Vitamix it blend tech. I own a vitamix and I'm pretty sure it is the best out there just watch some YouTube videos

I love my Nutribullet. The costco package has several cups and lids. Cleans up easy and blends up frozen fruit very easy. Less than $100. My coworkers have the Ninja and comment on how nice my smoothies are. I think they are referring to how well the Nutribullet can pulverize the greens(spinach, kale etc)...no chunks.

I have the Nutribullet and LOVE it! I have been using it to make smoothies (with frozen fruit!) almost every morning, and sometimes for lunch, for about a year. It works SO much better than my blender but the best part is you blend it in the cup you drink out of so no double clean up. I think it costs $50 but I got mine off HSN for about $90 and it came with 3 cups, 2 lids and a spice grinder (which I never use). I am usually the only one who uses it but when another family member makes a smoothie I feel like I could use more than 3 cups. So for you and your son getting the set might be a good investment.

I was able to pick up two Vitamix units in exceptional condition with extras for $20 each at estate sales. Check Estatessales.net for sales in your area. I check the pictures of the kitchens and look around for them and Cutco knives. I've purchased Cutco knives for $3.

At estate sales, often everything in the house is sold off cheap.

Magic Bullets are about $5 at garage sales.

By the way, I buy fruit in season cheap and freeze it myself. I pick strawberries and raspberries, freeze bananas from the grocery store and buy fresh spinach.
Costco sells huge tubs of Mountainhouse yogurt cheap.

I've had several magic bullets but they keep breaking down on me so last time I needed one I went for the ninja. LOVE IT! I didn't get the big fancy one with all the extra cups, just the plain old blender one and it works like nothing I have ever seen before. you really have to be careful cleaning the blade as it goes all the way to the top. it blends my frozen fruit and ice like nothing I have ever seen.

enjoy our smoothies with what ever you decide on.

I have a vitamix and i wouldn't use anything else; however, I also knew ahead of time that it would be worth the $$ for me, as I do use it on a regular basis for smoothies and for soups. If you aren't sure how much you'll use it (some folks will use something for a month and then drop off...making any purchase not worth it), Id recommend something a bit cheaper to see how often you really use it, then maybe saving up and investing in a Vitamix later on. The vitamix really liquifies everything very quickly and will begin to heat up the contents (steam coming out the top hot!) within minutes. The motor can't be contested- they also sell refurbished units straight from the vitamix website and they come with a 2 year warranty- so if anything goes wonky on your unit, they pay the shipping for you to get it fixed/replaced. I've had to do that once, and it was a very fast and easy process.

Cleaning the vitamix can't get any easier as well- just put water and dish soap in the unit and turn it on for 30 seconds, and rinse. Thats it!

So in summary- if you know you'll get heavy use out of it, maybe invest in something nicer like a vitamix (or save up for it). If you aren't sure how much you'll use it after the first couple of months, try something cheaper to start and upgrade later on if you need to :)

I use a hand blender for smoothies. It cost around $20.00 less a 20% discount at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I have had it for almost 4 years and use it on average twice a week (I only hand wash it).

No need to spend a fortune to make smoothies -- it works great. Put frozen fruits / ice cubes in the bottom and add the other ingredients on top!

I always add a handful of spinach since it doesn't change the flavor and gives me a full serving of spinach!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter