• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Bland food

dawgfan

from georgia ya'll
I was wondering....We have been to WDW a few times. Our trip in 2004 we ate at several places. Our meals were godd to great. The food at WDW was tasty and good. We just got back and I have one general observation to make. Have they run out of spices down there. Somebody make a run to store for some flavor. Generally speaking, with exception to a couple of places, the food was about as tasty as eating cardboard. At the end of the meal I still had that unsatisfied feeling that I needed something despite the feeling of being full.

Out of curiosity, where were the places you ate that had bland food?

My number one example of this was Bongos Cuban Cafe. I sure did not expect Bland when at a Cuban place. Mama Melroses was also bland. Again it's Italian.....bland....not supposed to be.

we have only eaten counter service and yeah most of those are pretty bland.. This trip will be the first time we have eaten at any tableservice rest. since we are doing teh DDP this time, we're going to take advantage and try new things.. we;ll do a review when we get back.. ;)

I agree about Mama Melrose, we ate there for the first time in Dec 06 and it was a huge disappointment..bland tasteless food that was served lukewarm

My number one example of this was Bongos Cuban Cafe. I sure did not expect Bland when at a Cuban place. Mama Melroses was also bland. Again it's Italian.....bland....not supposed to be.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
I've been saying for years that Bongos was bland when we tried it. I'm not saying not spicey, like hot, but just not well spiced, like flavor. It's a real unexpected twist when you get Cuban food with no noticeable flavors. Thank you for your post dawgfan.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
I've been saying for years that Bongos was bland when we tried it. I'm not saying not spicey, like hot, but just not well spiced, like flavor. It's a real unexpected twist when you get Cuban food with no noticeable flavors. Thank you for your post dawgfan.

I've read a ton of stuff about Bongos not being very tasty :confused:

The only food that I had on my last trip that I could consider "bland" was Tony's Town Square...Actually the whole experience was "blah"...but all the other resturaunts (Fultons, Rose and Crowns, Brown Derby, alond with some CS) were excellent in Flavor...Especially Brown Derby, top class all the way!!

Boma certainly had plenty of spices and was far from bland!

We also enjoyed the food at the Pop Century food court, Liberty Tree Tavern dinner at MK, Tangierine Cafe in Epcot, Biergarten in Epcot, Toy Story Pizza Planet at DHS, Hollywood & Vine breakfast at DHS, 1900 Park Fare dinner, Flame Tree BBQ at AK, Cosmic Ray's at MK, Crystal Palace dinner at MK, Chef Mickey's breakfast. The closest of these places to "bland" was LTT, but we did not expect it to be highly seasoned and the food was delicious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter