Blah, and now March. Februarys wont be that great either. Westjet flights for January. Cancellations coming

I've been waiting for WestJet to cancel the flights for my cancelled vacay so I can get a refund. Looks like that may happen soon. The whole world is just one big dumpster fire right now. I'm staying put until it burns down to embers. My travel buddy (daughter) and I have agreed we'll not be going anywhere until its safe enough not to mask and testing isn't required. The stress and uncertainty associated with travel far outweigh the pleasure for us. I speak only for myself, of course. I'm an empty nester fortunate to live in the country with my beloved horses and can escape into the woods for a gallop when the world goes sideways. As much as I love travel, it's not necessary for my mental health. For those who need an escape, I wish you safe journeys.

I think some have already started. Ugh I am kicking myself for now just booking our April flights months ago. They have shot up so much in price and then now the Saturday we want to leave they have awful flights. The one decent flight is $700. For one way!! Omg

We are currently on a cruise, and WJ just cancelled our flight home on Sunday. Now booked on the AC one, hoping it doesn't meet the same fate. Although, if I have to be stuck down here in the warm rather than head back home to the snow, that's maybe not the worst thing in the world...

I have taken to stalking the WJ app looking for any changes (as they are always slow to email). We are on direct to MCO flight in three weeks - so I’m really hoping it doesn’t get canceled.

My flight home in April (different trip) was changed to a layover - which I was fine with, I had an inkling it would happen before I booked the flight.

I have taken to stalking the WJ app looking for any changes (as they are always slow to email). We are on direct to MCO flight in three weeks - so I’m really hoping it doesn’t get canceled.

My flight home in April (different trip) was changed to a layover - which I was fine with, I had an inkling it would happen before I booked the flight.

I do the same. I always find it takes a week after they change my flight before I get an email. I’ve also had times when I get no email.

My early-February flights to FLL have been changed three times since I booked them last July. At present, all direct flights to/from YYC have been eliminated so we’re now connecting both ways through YYZ, which sucks because the Delta-operated code share flights through Atlanta are way shorter. Can’t book them though because we used a Companion Pass. :( It’s very convoluted and frustrating.

When I called to sort out the most recent debacle (the flights they changed us to left a day too late to get us there in time to board a cruise) the Rep told me they review all scheduling the last week of every month. Even without the latest announcement about the staffing crisis, there’s still a chance our flights could be changed twice before we leave.

Does this mean that the changes to flights in January are done the last week of December? I would like to stop compulsively checking my flight to SNA for Jan 22.

Does this mean that the changes to flights in January are done the last week of December? I would like to stop compulsively checking my flight to SNA for Jan 22.

Unfortunately they can change flights at any time. They are having staffing issues right now.

Since they just announced it at the end of the month…cancellations could still be forthcoming 😜 I have a flight on the 22nd too and have been checking daily.

Since they just announced it at the end of the month…cancellations could still be forthcoming 😜 I have a flight on the 22nd too and have been checking daily.
We leave on the 22nd too, from Toronto. We are actually in Saskatchewan and will drive to Edmonton first ( since Saskatoon flights have all but been eliminated), then fly to Toronto, pick up the rest of the extended fam, and fly out the 22nd. Our Edmonton flight to Toronto was changed. Hoping that was it. I'm going to be on pins and needles for the next 2 weeks. But if it comes to it, we will summon our inner Griswolds and hit the road!

I'm getting nervous about our flight later this month. The flight has been cancelled every day this year so far, and it's not showing up when I search it anymore. I'm trying to decide if I should request a callback and proactively switch to the next flight, which has been delayed everyday, but at least there are no cancellations...

We are currently on a cruise, and WJ just cancelled our flight home on Sunday. Now booked on the AC one, hoping it doesn't meet the same fate. Although, if I have to be stuck down here in the warm rather than head back home to the snow, that's maybe not the worst thing in the world...

Update…so our original 2pm WJ flight had now been replaced by the AC 2pm flight, which was then replaced by the AC 5:30pm flight…which left, but an hour late. Arrived at YYZ at 10pm, 12 hours after getting to the Miami airport. As a related note, the Turkish airlines lounge in Terminal H/J can be used by AC passengers and Priority Pass members, and it‘s quite nice. They also do not enforce the 4hr limit for visits.

At present, all direct flights to/from YYC have been eliminated so we’re now connecting both ways through YYZ...

Our flights connecting through YVR were redirected to connect through YYC two weeks ago...seems like we should prepare to connect through YYZ if the YYC changes are coming through. YYC is still our only layover currently. Going to be checking compulsively for the next 16 days.

Our flights connecting through YVR were redirected to connect through YYC two weeks ago...seems like we should prepare to connect through YYZ if the YYC changes are coming through. YYC is still our only layover currently. Going to be checking compulsively for the next 16 days.
Best of luck. :flower3: We cancelled our cruise yesterday and with all the hassles, I'm not even sorry. I can't wait to cancel my flights, which I hated since the latest revisions.

Has anyone had any luck changing a WJ flight before the flight was shown as cancelled without having to pay a fare difference? We're scheduled to fly YYZ-MCO on the 23rd, and our flight has been cancelled everyday ahead of time, and I can't even see it as an option anymore when I look on WJ. I'd rather just proactively change our flight if possible so we're not scrambling at the last minute.

Has anyone had any luck changing a WJ flight before the flight was shown as cancelled without having to pay a fare difference? We're scheduled to fly YYZ-MCO on the 23rd, and our flight has been cancelled everyday ahead of time, and I can't even see it as an option anymore when I look on WJ. I'd rather just proactively change our flight if possible so we're not scrambling at the last minute.
We fly yyz to mco on the 22nd. Are you on the 9:55 am flight?

ya, the 7:30 one was taken out I believe. I've been following it as well. I would call and get ahead of it to get switched. Logically, they would move you over to the 9:55 flight, but you don't want to be the last one moved over and then there are no seats left. You should not have to pay any difference at all.....they know that flight is cancelled, just taking forever to email people I guess!

ya, the 7:30 one was taken out I believe. I've been following it as well. I would call and get ahead of it to get switched. Logically, they would move you over to the 9:55 flight, but you don't want to be the last one moved over and then there are no seats left. You should not have to pay any difference at all.....they know that flight is cancelled, just taking forever to email people I guess!
That's really frustrating since on the app it still shows my flight as an upcoming trip. Guess I'll request a callback, and hope it doesn't take too long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter