BlackRapid Kick

Butterfly123

DIS Veteran
Does anyone use the BlackRapid Kick? I've heard a lot about the other BR straps. Being a woman, I'm just wondering if any of the women on this board have used it. I have an Op-tech strap that I like that I wear cross body, but I've always wanted a BR strap. The price is significant to me, so I was hoping to hear from some people who had tried it.

I'm not a woman, but my best friend and fiancé both are and both have the older BR women's strap and are rather fond of it. They're 5'2" and 5'10", respectively, so very different in size, and it solves the problem they have with my men's strap ... it makes the strap go down the middle, so nothing gets squashed (I hope that makes sense *blushes*). If you get it from a big online retailer, you can always return it if you don't like it (Amazon prime offer free return shipping, even). Since a camera strap is kinda personal, I'd suggest that.

I have the Kick and I love it! I'm 5'2" and have it adjusted to hit just below my hip (basically right where my hand hits) and it's so comfortable. I can wear my camera much longer than I did with my standard Canon strap. I use a 5D Mark II and usually have the 24-70 on and notice that I have a much easier time carrying it for longer periods of time with the Black Rapid - that same set up got heavy quite quickly with my standard Canon strap. I also love the ability to slide the camera up the strap while keeping it crossbody instead of having to shift the strap around. I also have noticed, as PP mentioned, that the strap fits better down my torso than the one that came with my camera.

I have not tried the other Black Rapid straps to compare but the description and reviews for the Kick seemed to fit my needs the best, and it didn't hurt that I could get one in pink either ;-) It is a purchase I definitely don't regret and I'm looking forward to using it at Disney. It's been awesome for my outings around town so far though!

Thank you both for your input. It is settled...a Kick is in my near future...definitely before our summer DL trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter