Blacklisted?

Heartless Pirate

Earning My Ears
I know you get blacklisted if you accept after being chosen but what if you decline? I ask this cause I applied for next semester but am starting to think next fall would be better for me. Will I not be chosen because I declined?

I got accepted for last semester. I even accepted my role, but then somehting came up where I had to turn it down a month before I was supposed to leave. It was one of the hardest decisions I ever had to make. Anyways, I reapplied this semester and got it. I wouldn't stress too much. I got the same role as lasst semester, so excited!

I got accepted for last semester. I even accepted my role, but then something came up where I had to turn it down a month before I was supposed to leave. It was one of the hardest decisions I ever had to make. Anyways, I reapplied this semester and got it. I wouldn't stress too much. I got the same role as lasst semester, so excited!

This was something I've been wondering about but hadn't gotten the chance to ask. So if you apply and are accepted, can you decide not to go without being blacklisted? Do you have to have a good reason (ie, a health situation or that of a family member's) or can it just be that now's not the best time? Do you even have to tell them why if you have to decline after accepting?

Also, just to double check, once you're blacklisted with the CP, you are blacklisted for all Disney companies, right? ESPN, ABC, etc?

Just want to make sure I understand everything :thumbsup2

They knew my reason. I had signed up for fall advantage and tried to get switched to just fall. My recruiter said it was not possible and we exchanged some words (nothing severe, but she probably remembers me) and I wasn't. I think as long as you handle it maturely, they won't blacklist you.

Theres no such things as "blacklisted". If you dont go, you dont go... You can reapply without any problem.

Plans change, Disney understands that...

I actually emailed the college program to make sure. She basically said that its all a rumor, both accepting and not going and declining have no affect on your future chances. The only way to be "blacklisted" is to actually be a participant in the college program and leave without notice or talking to someone before the sessions ends. Glad to see it finally cleared up.

I actually emailed the college program to make sure. She basically said that its all a rumor, both accepting and not going and declining have no affect on your future chances. The only way to be "blacklisted" is to actually be a participant in the college program and leave without notice or talking to someone before the sessions ends. Glad to see it finally cleared up.

exactly.

I declined an offer the semester before each of my CPs with no problems getting accepted again. My reason was it just wasn't the best time to take off from school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter