Blackberry Storm?

TreesyB

DIS Veteran
Anyone know about this? When is this coming out? I'm a client of Telus. And who's looking to get this?

The Storm will have a virtual keyboard with a difference from the iPhone, there will be some force feed back to give it a more tactile feel. All though the reviewers don't see too hot on the features outside of the e-mail. Camera looks a little slow to focus.
Don't know when the Storm will be coming to Canada.

Oddly the Storm has no wifi.

I have an iPhone. Mobile email is not really important to me. I don't even have a mobile data plan. If I need to check my email I can usually find an open wifi connection if not I look for a Starbucks.
I put $5 on a Starbucks card, registered it and it entitles me to 2 hours of Wifi a day at the Coffee shop.

Here's a link to a review on the Storm and Rim's site.
http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/19/blackberry-storm-review/
http://www.blackberry.com/blackberrystorm/

blackberry_1118160a.jpg

I had heard Dec 15th for Canada. I also have heard that there is a new Blackberry for Telus with the Mike feature comming in the next 2 months.

I have a Storm (have connections in RIM) and have been using it on the Rogers network for a few weeks now. It will only be available on Telus and Bell in Canada, (although it supports GSM networks so they can use it in Europe.) It's not as great as previous Blackberries, the touch screen does leave a lot to be desired (no where near the iphone one). Some features are great, some not so great. Overall, if you want to get a Blackberry, I'd recommend a Curve or the Bold. They are faster, easier to type on, smaller and lighter, but the screens are smaller so not as great for web browsing or watching videos.
For what it's worth, I also love my Pearl, and might switch back. It's less expensive, and if you are not a heavy heavy email user, it's perfect. The only reason it's more of a consumer device, not business, is because of the condensed keyboard and smaller screen.

DH has the Storm (maybe we have the same connections at RIM?? LOL) and also prefers his Pearl. He wanted it for it's GSM capabilities..so for that..I imagine it is useful?

My son is moving to Saskatchewan and they do not have Bell Mobility.

We have a Blackberry and a Bell Phone Plan available for someone to take over. If you know anyone wanting a plan that only has a year and half left sent me a private message.

Mickey1Fan - when I moved from Saskatchewan to Ontario this summer, Sasktel let me get out of my contract there as long as I signed a contract with Bell Mobility here. If you can't find someone to take over the plan, give Bell a call, I'm sure it'll work the other way as well.

Hi Chikkypoo (love your name!).

Thank you for the information. I called Bell Mobility - again and yes, if my son signs a contract with SaskTel the cancellation fee will be waived by Bell Mobility.

I am looking to replace my Samsung U740 double flip with the new Storm as soon as Bell has it in inventory.

I talked to Telus rep at local store and they said the first batch of the Storm is for new customers at the special rate. And they will include current customers in the special rate next batch that comes in. :( makes me want to move to Bell!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter