Blackberry curve?

MinnieTink

DIS Veteran
It's definitely time for an upgrade. If you have a Blackberry curve, love it or hate it, let me know. FYI we have Verizon so no iPhone for me :sad2: I have read some reviews online but would love to hear from my fellow Dissers.

Thanks!!!

It's definitely time for an upgrade. If you have a Blackberry curve, love it or hate it, let me know. FYI we have Verizon so no iPhone for me :sad2: I have read some reviews online but would love to hear from my fellow Dissers.

Thanks!!!

We have Verizon and have the curve....like it, but unfortunately the Disney Park app doesn't work for it. Takes some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it it's a nice little phone. $30 for the required data plan. We are acutally thinking of downgrading because of that alone next year when the time comes. I can get the enV and pay 10 to access my email. Of course if for some reason the IPhone does come to Verizon next year we'll be upgrading to that. Can't pay hubby enough to switch to ATT

I have a Curve but not on Verizon. I really am just okay with it. I am counting down the days until I can get some kind of Android phone. I have come from other smart phones before and this was just a replacement since it was cheap and my other one was dying.

I miss having a touch screen, but like having a qwerty keyboard. The optical "joystick" is much better than the track ball they used to have though.

Personally unless you are very business oriented and don't want a fun phone I'd get an Android.

I have the Curve and loved it the first 6 months I had it but now it is driving me nuts. It's slow slow slow slow. I get an hour glass a lot of the time when I need to make a call or send an email.

I would look into the Droid Incredible or Droid 2. I am not even to my two year point yet but ended up ordering the Incredible. I just can't take the Curve anymore. You get more cool apps and cheaper (Blackberry apps can be $$) available on a droid phone. I will miss the keyboard, but I think the features of the Incredible are more suited to me.

If you want the phone mainly for instant email for work, the Blackberry is better for that though.

I updated from a verizon flip phone (don't know if that's the correct name-but all I did w/ that phone was call/receive calls); now I have a Blackberry Curve and we are w/ Sprint. I don't have any complaints. I now call/receive calls, text, check my facebook regularly, receive e-mails, and occasionally go on the DIS. :)
I don't mind that little track ball thing. Anytime I have any issues, I just take the battery out and reboot, and that always works. The phone suits me just fine, but we are not super techy--what's a Droid?! Sounds intriguing...

That's another issue with the Curve that I have. I have to battery pull a lot because it locks up all the time. It takes 7 minutes to boot up. My computer from 10 years ago boots faster than that. I don't know if I have a tech issue with it or something, but I just can't take it anymore.

That's another issue with the Curve that I have. I have to battery pull a lot because it locks up all the time. It takes 7 minutes to boot up. My computer from 10 years ago boots faster than that. I don't know if I have a tech issue with it or something, but I just can't take it anymore.

it happens with all blackberry phones. Unfortunately the company has yet to fix it.

don't like the curve its definitely better then older model blackberries...

the 2 critiques i do have of the curve is it can on occasion fill up its internal memory, usually wiping the device and reloading helps on mine i havent had this problem, though i only use it for work, so no picture taking and what not

the only other thing that is a pain is the "pearl" after some use will get a little build up of dirt under the pearl and stop rolling in one direction

i am currently with ATT and am waffling over the new iphone 4 or droid X though i would have to wait till nov / dec for the switch to verizon

I like my Curve through Verizon. However, I've only had it since March and already the battery isn't staying charged as long. I could do fine if it was fully charged and skipped a night charging it...skipping two nights, I wouldn't make it through that third day. Now, if I skip a night, I wake up to a dead phone. Could be a battery problem. Could be a problem with the individual unit. Either way, I probably need to take it in and have it looked at.

Other than that (and not being able to get Mobile Magic), I'm happy with it.

I have a blackberry curve, and while overall I like it, my next phone will be a droid.

I have the Curve and loved it the first 6 months I had it but now it is driving me nuts. It's slow slow slow slow. I get an hour glass a lot of the time when I need to make a call or send an email.

I would look into the Droid Incredible or Droid 2. I am not even to my two year point yet but ended up ordering the Incredible. I just can't take the Curve anymore. You get more cool apps and cheaper (Blackberry apps can be $$) available on a droid phone. I will miss the keyboard, but I think the features of the Incredible are more suited to me.

If you want the phone mainly for instant email for work, the Blackberry is better for that though.

I pretty much agree with these. I have to have a Blackberry for work if I want a phone to use for work applications so I don't have a choice. I had a Palm before this and it is better in most ways then my Palm but I REALLY miss my touch screen. I want a Droid. Also, if you like apps, there aren't a lot of good ones for Blackberry. One thing that I NEED on my Blackberry is Adobe Flash so I can run some animations (weather radars, etc.) and there isn't one available that works on Blackberry. Personally, if I had a choice I would get the Droid.

I like my Curve through Verizon. However, I've only had it since March and already the battery isn't staying charged as long. I could do fine if it was fully charged and skipped a night charging it...skipping two nights, I wouldn't make it through that third day. Now, if I skip a night, I wake up to a dead phone. Could be a battery problem. Could be a problem with the individual unit. Either way, I probably need to take it in and have it looked at.

Other than that (and not being able to get Mobile Magic), I'm happy with it.

I am having the same issue. I got mine in Oct and the issue started a few months ago.

I also have had some issues with ringtones. I will have it on the proper settings but can't hear anything when the phone rings or if I get a text. When I take out the battery and put it back in it works fine again.

Generally I don't mind it, I got mine for free after rebate so I wasn't expecting a lot. I don't have problems making calls, texting, facebooking or checking email which is what I need it for. The little issues don't bother me.

I've had my curve for about 6 weeks. I love it.

If you get one - there are great shortcuts on crackberry.com (i think) like press the space bar 2 times for a period.

I am, however, still getting used to it. My old phone was, well just a plain phone with "old fashioned" texting.

My DH gave me a larger "updated memory" thingy, which is nice. And I've had to take the battery out a couple of times to reboot, but I've only had to do this a couple of times.

My DH also got me a blackberry wristlet holder ( I didn't want the kind that clip on your belt or waist band.) I love this too! The holder thingy has a power saving feature, so it helps to preserve the battery life before it needs to be recharged.

I just switched back to a curve from an android phone. I had a HTC Hero and despised the virtual keyboard. I'm very happy with my Curve!

I just switched back to a curve from an android phone. I had a HTC Hero and despised the virtual keyboard. I'm very happy with my Curve!

You can get a Droid that has a real keyboard.

I love my BB curve and haven't had any problems with it. I am on T-mobile. The guy tried to sell me some kind of droid phone and it was just too much for me, but my BB curve is perfect.

I have full access to all 3 of my e-mail accts, facebook and there are some really cool apps from Blackberry World most of which are free. I have great web access as well. I can also text more and am better at it than with the other phones I have had.

My BB is the best phone I have ever had. I don't think it is just for those that use it for business.

Suzanne

I love my BB curve and haven't had any problems with it. I am on T-mobile. The guy tried to sell me some kind of droid phone and it was just too much for me, but my BB curve is perfect.

I have full access to all 3 of my e-mail accts, facebook and there are some really cool apps from Blackberry World most of which are free. I have great web access as well. I can also text more and am better at it than with the other phones I have had.

My BB is the best phone I have ever had. I don't think it is just for those that use it for business.

Suzanne

I just think if someone wants something like an iphone, but doesn't have AT&T, the Droid Incredible or Droid X is their best bet if they have Verizon.

I am having the same issue. I got mine in Oct and the issue started a few months ago.

I also have had some issues with ringtones. I will have it on the proper settings but can't hear anything when the phone rings or if I get a text. When I take out the battery and put it back in it works fine again.

Generally I don't mind it, I got mine for free after rebate so I wasn't expecting a lot. I don't have problems making calls, texting, facebooking or checking email which is what I need it for. The little issues don't bother me.

I mostly feel unbothered by the little issues, too. (And, yeah...now that you mention it, I have had some issues with hearing it ring lately.) But if the battery gets to the point that we can't make it through a day of touring WDW without the battery dying (so we can find each other if we get separated, of course), it will be a huge problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter