Black Stroller in August Heat

Tink0513

Mouseketeer
Hi there!
Any advice to keeping an 11 month old cool in a black stroller in August heat? I have the city mini jogger...we love it because its so light weight and plan on bringing it with on our upcoming August trip. We've already purchased a stroller fan...does anyone have any ideas or items you think I should purchase? Im so concerned the strollers is going to be a hot box for my DD! TIA!

We have been to Disney in August many times and while we had wonderful vacations the heat makes you melt.
You just feel it burning on you!
We won't even wear dark clothing while in Disney during the summer months.
The temperature will be in the 90's, but will probably feel like in the 100's.
To be honest with you, there is no way I would place a child in a dark stroller in Disney in August heat.
I would leave that stroller home and buy an inexpensive "light colored" stroller that "definitely has a hood on top" for shade.
They will stay a lot cooler and safer in the heat this way.
It's just not fair to make a child sit in a dark colored stroller in that heat.
Make sure you all drink a lot of water and use lots of sun block!
Still bring the fan your child will need it.
Hope you have a beautiful Disney vacation.

We brought a beach towel with us. When we would leave the stroller in stroller parking, we would cover the stroller with the beach towel and it would keep the seat from getting super hot. We brought a fan but never used it since my son had to have the disney water spray fan they sell in the parks which was good since I ended up using it too!

It can get so hot in any stroller let alone a dark one. Two summers ago I found a product that worked for us called Stroll n Cool
https://strollncool.com/products.html It's like a lining that goes in the baby's stroller. It absorbs heat and keeps them cool. We bought two -one for the stroller and one for the carseat. Hope this helps! Good luck!!!

It can get so hot in any stroller let alone a dark one. Two summers ago I found a product that worked for us called Stroll n Cool
https://strollncool.com/products.html It's like a lining that goes in the baby's stroller. It absorbs heat and keeps them cool. We bought two -one for the stroller and one for the carseat. Hope this helps! Good luck!!!

Thanks! I saw you commented on another post with this product. I should note that we are renting a city mini double for our twins who are 5 just in case. I was thinking of just bringing the double in the parks during the day...then after breaks bring both strollers. I am going to try this product!

Tink0513 -I hope you like it as much as I do! I use it all the time since my DS is super hot blooded like most kids lol. We also use those wet cloth things just to hang on him which he enjoys playing with. Have fun on your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter