Black Rapid Strap

RivaLJ

Crazy for the Mouse
I just bought the RS-1 Black Rapid Strap. Is the connector that comes with it secure, or should I order the RS-2 upgrade?

I just bought the RS-1 Black Rapid Strap. Is the connector that comes with it secure, or should I order the RS-2 upgrade?

Which connector did it come with? If it is the old one with the plastic grommet, I'd upgrade it. You want the one with the locking carabiner.

connectr2-05.jpg

That is the one I just got and it is secure. Walked around with it all morning on Sat and Sunday. No problems what so ever.

3704672225_4b5af688ff_b.jpg

A big thanks to Mark for being the guinea pig on this strap. I had been looking at them and just did not like the connectors. As soon as I saw the new ones I got the double one for my China trip. I used it this weekend for the photowalk and loved it!

Thanks again Mark!

I ordered and recieved the RS-5 strap, I have decided that the storage flap makes it too bulky for me, so I am going to send it back and get the RS-4 version.

I just got the R-4 and love it. I can understand about the R-5

Have any of you used the strap while wearing a backpack? From the videos online, it looks like a backpack would mess up the ability of the strap to move.

Just curious because I normally carry a backpack in the World.

Thanks!

I was just thinking the same about a backpack, i would like to know as i like the idea of the strap but it doesn't look like there is a UK dealer:confused3

and I love it. :lovestruc

So comfy!! I have messenger style camera bags, purses, gym bags and it is by far my favorite way to carry stuff. The connector to the tripod socket on the camera feels nice and secure so I don't have to worry that all of the sudden it's going to plumet to the pavement. I like that it has a little holder for extra memory cards in case I go out bagless with just my camera and one lens.

I guess if I had to pick one criticism, it would be that the padding/memory holder on the strap isn't one that you can slide into different positions, so it's not always exactly on my shoulder, which is where I'd want it.

It'll get more of a work-out than just walking around the office this weekend probably, but for now, I feel like it was $54 very well spent. No regrets at all. :thumbsup2

you do know you can adjust the stop on the strap to put the padded part where you need it. They have a video on how to setup! Your padding is different from mine!:confused3

I knew you would like it!

you do know you can adjust the stop on the strap to put the padded part where you need it. They have a video on how to setup! Your padding is different from mine!:confused3

I knew you would like it!

I did know that you can adjust the little stopper guy, but it seems like since I was trying to wear my camera around the back, it kept sliding to my hip and the padding would shift onto my back. I've only played around for about 10 minutes while at work so I'm sure I'll figure it out and get it set up juuuust right. :thumbsup2

C'mon John, honestly---what don't I like?? ;)

I did know that you can adjust the little stopper guy, but it seems like since I was trying to wear my camera around the back, it kept sliding to my hip and the padding would shift onto my back. I've only played around for about 10 minutes while at work so I'm sure I'll figure it out and get it set up juuuust right. :thumbsup2

C'mon John, honestly---what don't I like?? ;)

Glad you like it!!!

Did they have a price reduction? I thought I had previously seen them for about $100 :confused3

You had listed in your travel list two camera straps in case you did not like your RS-4.

You had listed in your travel list two camera straps in case you did not like your RS-4.

Merely precautionary. One of these days I'm bound to find something I don't like---right?? :rolleyes1

Anne, if the strap screws into the tripod mount thingie, how do you mount the camera on the tripod without completely removing the strap? I looked at the strap and online videos for this strap (because I always wear mine slung on one side to the hip on the other side), but I couldn't figure that part out.:confused3 Also, is the padding more comfortable than the OpTech strap?I literally use my camera every day, all day long, and never take it off with the Optech, so I was worried I would be dissatisfied with the padding on this strap.
Thanks!

The strap does screw into the tripod hole on the bottom plate to your camera. Unless you are using the tripod plate on a 70-200 or something like that you would have to unscrew it to put on a tripod. That takes about 10 seconds to do so. When you see how secure the new designed fastener is you feel safe with your camera there.

I have used optech straps for years. To me the difference is that you are transferring the weight across your body rather than straight down with the optech. I carried mine for 4 days at WDW a few weeks ago and the lack of wear and strain on my shoulder was really evident. It also fits very naturally at your hip and really very quick to grab raise and shoot!

I was skeptical at first as well, but now I am a believer!

The strap does screw into the tripod hole on the bottom plate to your camera. Unless you are using the tripod plate on a 70-200 or something like that you would have to unscrew it to put on a tripod. That takes about 10 seconds to do so. When you see how secure the new designed fastener is you feel safe with your camera there.

I have used optech straps for years. To me the difference is that you are transferring the weight across your body rather than straight down with the optech. I carried mine for 4 days at WDW a few weeks ago and the lack of wear and strain on my shoulder was really evident. It also fits very naturally at your hip and really very quick to grab raise and shoot!

I was skeptical at first as well, but now I am a believer!

Thanks for the info...YesDear, so even with the strap screwed into the tripod hole, I could still easily attach the quickrelease plate for my tripod to the camera? What does the QR plate screw into? Sorry, I'm a little confused...I just didn't want to have to be unscrewing the strap from the camera bottom in order to use the tripod.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter