Black Out dates lifted...press release unclear...its gonna be a cluster

mrzrich

DIS Veteran
A few weeks ago Disney released this press release:

Spring Break Blockout Dates Lifted for Florida Resident Disney Select Ticket -

Florida residents can enjoy a Walt Disney World Resort vacation during Spring Break now that blockout dates in March have been lifted for those with Florida Resident Disney Select tickets. While other blockout dates still apply, March 19 – April 1 are now available for those ticketholders.

During Spring Break, guests can savor the tastes of outdoor kitchens during the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. Or, their dark and light sides with encounters with Kylo Ren and Chewbacca at Star Wars Launch Bay at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. And, with the Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen now accepting same-day reservations, guests can sample exotic flavors while visiting Magic Kingdom.

The Florida Resident Disney Select ticket pricing is $68 per day for a 3-day ticket (total price: $202), and $56 per day for 4-day ticket (total price: $223). It provides access to one theme park per day, includes FastPass+ and expires six months after first use or by December 17, 2017. Summer blockout dates apply. For terms and conditions, and more information about the Florida Resident Disney Select Ticket, visit Disneyworld.com/resident.

- See more at: http://wdwnews.com/releases/2016/03...nt-disney-select-ticket/#sthash.E6Jz3frM.dpuf

That article is talking about FL Resident 3 and 4 day tickets. Only. Period. No mention of Silver or Gold Passes. It is especially confusing to those people with Weekday Select passes, because these tickets are also called Select.

But on Facebook, and again here tonight, I have seen passholders who think that this blackout lift pertains to them. It doesn't. Disney isn't doing this to be nice. They are doing it to make money. You have already bought your pass. Disney already has your money. This lift is a cash grab to earn new money.

The cluster will occur when irate pass holders arrive from parts as far from Pensacola to Miami looking to get in the gates and the little Mickey head turns blue. These people will have traveled hours, have probably booked resort rooms. Is Disney going to turn them away?

Probably not, which is kind of unfair to those of us who read the article correctly.

Last edited:
Per my readings on Facebook about this matter, phone calls into Disney asking if this applies to pass holders have got responses both ways.
Cast members are reading the same press release that we are.

Some are seeing "Black Out Dates lifted" and telling guests "yes".
Others are understanding that this press release states that it is only for the 3 and 4 day select tickets and are telling guests "no".

Clear as mud Disney

For what is it is worth, my gold pass used to not let me make fastpasses for the blackout dates, but as of last week those dates are now available to me. I am no longer receiving the message that I don't have a valid ticket for that date.

For what is it is worth, my gold pass used to not let me make fastpasses for the blackout dates, but as of last week those dates are now available to me. I am no longer receiving the message that I don't have a valid ticket for that date.

That is interesting because last night here on the DIS, a poster stated that he tried to make FP for Weekday select passes and he is still greyed out.

I feel sorry for the people who booked airfare and packages for a spring break vacation and are going to have to put up with park conditions like this, on top of some of them getting phone calls to change their plans.

I have Silver and I know that those dates were greyed out for me when I was making FP 2 weeks ago. I just checked this AM and suddenly they are no longer grey. Maybe Disney is quietly anticipating their poorly worded press release.

I know a lot of us in ticketing complained to management about the passes not being included in the lifting of blockouts - we upsell a lot of FL residents from the 3/4 day tickets to the weekday and silver passes based on them being a better value, and this situation made us feel like we had been dishonest to our guests. If they listened to us, I'm glad.

I have a gold pass and the dates are still blacked out for me. I just checked.

I have a seasonal FL resident pass and I am still blocked out.

If you buy a NEW 3/4 Select ticket you are not blocked out, but if you have already paid for an annual pass, you are blocked out. It is about selling tickets....anyone surprised?

I found this thread and have been watching it because my daughter has a Florida resident seasonal pass and my niece is going down to visit her over spring break. I just called Disney to ask them how much it would cost to upgrade her pass and the CM told me that the blackout dates for ALL of the Florida resident passes have been lifted for spring break. Of course I have also read on here that some misinformation has been given out so now I'm not really sure what to do.

I have a Silver Pass and can't make FP+ for 3/19-4/1.

My DD has a Gold Pass and I was able to make FP+ reservations for 3/19-4/1.

My gold pass still has those dates blocked out.

I have Weekday passes, and I emailed to verify that the blackout dates were still applicable. This is what I got:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.
At this time, the Florida Resident Annual Pass products are still blocked out.
If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

The blackout dates are also greyed out for FP+ selection for me.

I feel sorry for the people who booked airfare and packages for a spring break vacation and are going to have to put up with park conditions like this, on top of some of them getting phone calls to change their plans.

We've been down during conditions like this before and we're pretty good at figuring out how to get the most out of our days even during "10" crowd levels. Our trip is from March 25th-April 3rd and we're both still really looking forward to it!

Adding, I don't think that press release is unclear.

From what I've seen here and on Facebook, the people most confused by the press release are the people with the Weekday Select Tickets, because the press release says Select tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter