Black Friday Rumors

tcherjen

DIS Veteran
Didn't know if there was a board yet, but wanted to see if anyone had any predictions or has heard anything.

I have read somewhere that Walmart will have 32 inch TV's for $78.. I hope that one is true. ;)

I heard that target is opening at 8:00 she has worked there a long time so i would beleive she's right.

Macy's is opening at 6pm so it will only continue to creep forward! I will be glad if Target stays at 8pm. While I miss the crazy days of setting my alarm for 1am to get up and go shopping, I did enjoy being home and done with it all by 10:30pm last year :)

gator75 said:
I heard that target is opening at 8:00 she has worked there a long time so i would beleive she's right.

I have heard that they are opening at 12

Got my first email from BlackFriday.com (or is it .net?). :) I think it was just the Harbour Freight ad that was released, it's always the first one out. Can't wait till more ads are released!

I love Black Friday shopping. Well I guess it is now more like Black Thursday. :rotfl: I can't wait for the good ads to leak.

I can understand your excitement but as the mother of an 18 year old who works retail and now has to be to work at 6:30 on Thanksgiving I am less than pleased.

There is nothing to me that is worth it or more important than time with family on a national holiday. She is not a member of any essential service so it bothers me that she HAS to go into work and will be there overnight so that people can get deals that will not be nearly as good as the ones her store is currently offering.

People assume that because it is Black Friday that the deals are amazing and better than anything else. Not the case here.

I will be home on Thanksgiving and on Friday. If it is something that I have to buy I will find a way to buy it another day or go without.

I can understand your excitement but as the mother of an 18 year old who works retail and now has to be to work at 6:30 on Thanksgiving I am less than pleased. There is nothing to me that is worth it or more important than time with family on a national holiday. She is not a member of any essential service so it bothers me that she HAS to go into work and will be there overnight so that people can get deals that will not be nearly as good as the ones her store is currently offering. People assume that because it is Black Friday that the deals are amazing and better than anything else. Not the case here. I will be home on Thanksgiving and on Friday. If it is something that I have to buy I will find a way to buy it another day or go without.

I agree with you. My DS works retail and I will be pissed off in purple if he has to miss our family Thanksgiving so someone can save a couple bucks on "stuff".

Them's the breaks for people in that line of work. My son works for a movie theatre chain - do you think they give a rip for people who want to stay home with family on Thanksgiving or Christmas? That would be a big "NOPE!" I never see the outrage about theatres being open, though.

Them's the breaks for people in that line of work. My son works for a movie theatre chain - do you think they give a rip for people who want to stay home with family on Thanksgiving or Christmas? That would be a big "NOPE!" I never see the outrage about theatres being open, though.

I worked in a credit union call center for 3 years. Open 24 hours a day. I worked almost every holiday. We only closed for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Now they're open on those days too.

I can understand your excitement but as the mother of an 18 year old who works retail and now has to be to work at 6:30 on Thanksgiving I am less than pleased. There is nothing to me that is worth it or more important than time with family on a national holiday. She is not a member of any essential service so it bothers me that she HAS to go into work and will be there overnight so that people can get deals that will not be nearly as good as the ones her store is currently offering. People assume that because it is Black Friday that the deals are amazing and better than anything else. Not the case here. I will be home on Thanksgiving and on Friday. If it is something that I have to buy I will find a way to buy it another day or go without.

I have to work on national holidays to make sure guests have MAGICAL vacations. I haven't been home for the holidays in almost 5 years. It's the downside for working in a customer service position. : / sorry it's a inconvience for you... But it's a life lesson that not every job has 9-5:30 monday thru Friday holidays off.

I have to work on national holidays to make sure guests have MAGICAL vacations. I haven't been home for the holidays in almost 5 years. It's the downside for working in a customer service position. : / sorry it's a inconvience for you... But it's a life lesson that not every job has 9-5:30 monday thru Friday holidays off.

Thank you for what you do. :)

I can understand your excitement but as the mother of an 18 year old who works retail and now has to be to work at 6:30 on Thanksgiving I am less than pleased.

There is nothing to me that is worth it or more important than time with family on a national holiday. She is not a member of any essential service so it bothers me that she HAS to go into work and will be there overnight so that people can get deals that will not be nearly as good as the ones her store is currently offering.

People assume that because it is Black Friday that the deals are amazing and better than anything else. Not the case here.

I will be home on Thanksgiving and on Friday. If it is something that I have to buy I will find a way to buy it another day or go without.

I understand how you feel. My oldest dd use to work retail before she went to college. I also use to work in retail, when I was younger. I missed some of Thanksgiving and came home to visit on Christmas eve, because my store was open till then. I am sure my parents might of been sad, but they didn't say anything to me. I do hope you and your family have a happy Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to seeing my dd that has been away since August. She of course loves to shop and since she is home that weekend that is how she wants to spend it. :)

I met a longtime Imagineer who recalled his first Thanksgiving eating alone under the MK. It really opened my eyes. Thank you, CMs! :hug:

That would be me. I'm outraged at the silly junk that is sold and the fact that people are so rude, that they go to the movies, Disney theme parks, other entertainment venues.

When you marry into police and fire Holidays aren't always on the national day.

This year Xmas will be on the 24th for us, I have volunteer to work xmas as long as I can bring my 11dd with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter