BL CHallenge *Black Team* Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how is everyone doing on the challenges --> http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1971405

I am really excited about them. I have already done the realage survey, the water shouldn't be a problem, the 6000 steps --> YIKES!, I did hit it yesterday but I am not sure about that one for the rest of the week. We will see....

I am happy to report a loss of 3.6lbs this week. The DH and I have been walking 3 miles in the morning and then another 3 miles at night at least 5 days a week, and I think this is really helping...plus all the steps I take to the bathroom since I am drinking almost a gallon of water a day!!!:thumbsup2

This is great!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Hi all - had a very busy weekend here. Sorry I didn't check in. In spite of the the potty training ~ which ment no gym, I did really really well last week 4 lbs!!!!

Hello fellow "losers"! I did not have a very good week last week. Only lost 1.5 pounds. That makes it a total of 29.5 pounds since I started (about a month before this challenge). I know it is in range of what is healthy, but it seems so slow when you have as much weight to lose as I do!

I am doing well on the challenge - how do we report what we have done? Just save it all up for the week and then post it to that thread? On Thursday right? Oops - went back and re-read that thread and it says right there how to do it!

I had a really fun time last night. We went over to Old Town in Kissimmee and they had some kind of classic car rally - tons of people. But the best thing was Dwight Isenhour and the Blue Suede Revue. Yep - an Elvis impersonator! He was good! I love me some Elvis!

Hello all,
I am back after spending a week in Morocco. It was a nice vacation, the weather was nice and sunny, and while it's definitely different, the city is very nice.
However, I have been sick there for 3 days, and my system is still messed up from being sick + all the medication I took, so I am so not weighing myself now, I'll weigh in on Friday.
Now I'll try to find out about challenges and what not, I have a lot to catch up, and a lot of work to do, since this is my last week with this employer and therefor also at this client!

Good MOnday morning

Question of the Day
How do you handle all the temptations that occur during the weekend?

I will be back later

Temptations are a real problem. I try to "budget" for them, but that doesn't always work out. I may budget calories for half a dessert at dinner one night, but then we get to dinner and no one wants what I want and of course I cant leave half a dessert on the table! ;)
When I am thinking clearly, I order a fancy coffee drink for dessert and drink it with a spoon. It looks strange, but I can only drink half in the time it takes everyone else to finish dessert, so I save a lot of calories in the process. When i go to parties I try to avoid the room with food!

Happy Monday Black Team!

I had a bit of a rough week, points wise. My mom took us out to dinner on Sunday and I did OK, but still used 10 flex points for the day. I did manage to get a workout in, so hopefully I didn't do too much damage!

QOTD: I try not to use than 1-2 flex points each weekday so that I can have one "cheat day", usually on Sunday. So far, it's working and I've managed to stay under my total points for the week. I also try to drink more water on the weekend and keep myself busy so I don't veg out and snack all day.

I'm making good progress on the COW, too!

Sharon

Hello all! I'm new to the team as of today.

Question of the Day
How do you handle all the temptations that occur during the weekend?

This is a good one! I had a really bad weekend. My anniversary was Friday so that meant, going out to eat and then Saturday morning and then just snacking around on Sunday. My husband is the one who cooks and doesn't like to always do WW recipes. This is the time when I REALLY have to watch portions. And when I put my hand on something I have to ask myself, do I really want this? Or is it just in front of me?

This coming weekend, DH will be getting ready to head to WDW for a conference and I'll head with the kids that friday. I know at least when I'm at WDW, I've lost weight! All of the walking!

Have a good week!

Hello all!

New today too!
I joined WW for the second (and last!) time last week. I'm joining as many groups and challenges I can find to keep me motivated.

I am losing weight in preparation for getting preggers. I went to the GYN last week and she informed me I had put on 20 pounds since my last visit which was only 1 year ago!!! 20 pounds!! Isn't that nuts!? It's ssooooo easy to put on and such a struggle to get off.

So my promise is to try and talk to all of you and be supportive and not just talk about myself all the time (tho I will do that too!).

QOTD:
Great question!
I weigh in on Thursdays and I think that will be really helpful since my meetings are so motivating. I'm less likely to cheat only a couple days after them. But I budget like everyone else and if I have to make a 'bad' choice, I try and make the lesser of two evils choice. And I try and bring healthy food and desserts to parties, so I know I'll have at least a couple options.

Good Tuesday MOrning

From yesterday I also try to budget so that I maybe could have something small. I don't go out too much during the weekend. I am also lucky that my dh sometimes goes away for the weekend. Those weekends I sometimes plans spa type meals just for myself.

Question of the Day
Who is your favorite Disney Villian?

For me this is a tough question. Villians are my favorite part of the movies. I especially love Cruella. Ds once had Cruella's theme song as my ring tone.

QOTD
I have to go old school and go with Maleficent on this one. Although Susan Sarandon played an awesome villain in Enchanted.
I was the Evil Queen for Halloween last year, so I too have a weakness for villains.

On another note, I weighted myself this morning, just because and I am back to where I stared this challenge. That is actually awesome. I hope to be down a lb or so by the end of the week for the official weigh in.

Favorite Villian- I have to go with Cruella.

I'm having a good week so far. Have dipped into my weekly +35 points. I have been hungry, but only using the points to eat the healthy food and not junk. Weigh-in is tomorrow, so we'll see what the scale says.

I need to look at the COW to see what I have done so far, besides the Real Age test.

Have a great day everyone!

QOTD yesterday : Weekends.....ugh!!!!! I usually just try to get exercise in & hope for the best. We don't eat out much which helps & I frequently eat something different from the rest of the household.

QOTD today: Hmmmmm.....I'd have to say Cruella, or maybe the evil stepmother, but my kids think I'm the Wicked Witch (not Disney, tho!)

Hope everyone is doing well so far this week. I had a BAD day on Sunday and I'm paying for it on the scale....TOM hit in full force for the 1st time in 3 mo and I succumbed to the munchies & NOT healthy ones....oh well.....part of life!

I PROMISE I won't spoil BL tonight & tomorrow night for those that DVR!!!!

Remember, it's not too late to join the October Exercise Challenge....come on over!!

Favorite Villain:

Cruella & Captain Hook. My DD 6 ADORES Villains and has helped me to hold a special place for them now as well.:goodvibes

Trying hard to stay focused this week. I only walked 2 days so far and water has been a challenge for me as well.

Hear Ye Hear Ye, the Weightkeeper speaks

Once again I have puzzed and I have puzzed until my puzzler is sore. The results are in. The tabulations have been made. Everything has been double checked for accuracy. And the biggest question is 'Will your name be on the list?'

We started the week with 142 participants. We had 6 new folks join us and 19 folks have been removed for not reporting for three weeks. So we are now at 129 participants.

-------------------Black Team-----Blue Team-----Red Team-----Total
started week---------48-------------47-------------47-----------142
newbies---------------4--------------1--------------1-------------6
removed--------------10-------------5---------------4-----------19
current-members-----42-------------43--------------44----------129
not reporting 1 wk-----5--------------6---------------6-----------17
not reporting 2 wk-----6--------------7---------------6-----------19
weigh ins for week----31-------------30--------------32-----------93

The exodus has started. Yes they are dropping like flies. I have always said you will only get out of this challenge what you put into it. If you make the effort and use this as a tool of accountability this challenge can help you. Posting on your team thread can help you. Pour out your heart. Everyone is here to help you and we want you to be victorious in your weight loss battle.

Black Team Week 3

31 weigh ins
4 newbie initial weights
7 gains totaling 8.9 lbs
6 maintains
14 losses totaling 25.4 lbs

Weekly net loss 16.5 lbs
Cumulative net loss 117.8 lbs

Now the real fun begins. Let's look at our Black Team Superstars.

Again keep in mind that if you skip a weigh in your percentage lost for the next weigh in is divided in half. That only seems fair doesn't it?

I still see folks active on their team threads that have not reported to me. Remember I need a weight report every single week no matter what the scale says. If you know you will be out of town or can not report a weigh in please let me know and I will note that on my spreadsheet. Of all our no reports this week only 1 let me know she would be gone.

Also I will plead again please state your weight for the week in the number of pounds you weight not just 'I stayed the same' or 'I lost 2 pounds'. I need the number or I will have to look it up and believe me I have plenty of other stuff to be doing.

Also again please report what team you are on and if you email me please include your DIS name. I hate to say I do not know all 128 of you personally yet.

And as usual keep in mind I am human. I do make mistakes. If you have a concern please PM or email me.

Enough will all the blubbering. Here comes the excitement.

The Black Team Week 3 Superstars

#10-0.444% -Jazzygirl72-??
#9-0.488%-pooh46-Pam
#8-0.533-PrincessGeek-Sharon
#7-0.660-bunkkinsmom-??
#6-0.673-MyManGoofy!-??

#5-0.898%-leanne2255-Leanne
#4-1.630%-fridayfun-Denise
#3-1.638%-goldcupmom-Julie
#2-1.813%-cra-z-4-dizney-??

and now

The Black Team Week 3 Biggest Loser

#1-1.874%-TriMom-Kat

Congratulations Kat. What an accomplishment you loser!! Great work! Keep it up. Here is a special clippie for you to add to your signature if you would like. You are welcome to flaught it until the next official announcement that will be made next Tuesday. Enjoy your reign!

31040weeklyWIfinal-thumb.jpg

or use http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040weeklyWIfinal-thumb.jpg
followed by

Now this is all exciting news but there is more. Well here it is.

The week 3 WISH BL 6 Challenge Biggest Loser Team

#3-The Black Team-0.299%
To be #1 you would have had to lose an additional 36 pounds

#2-The Red Team-0.518%
To be #1 they would have had to lose an additional 27 pounds

and now announcing our weekly Biggest Loser Team Champions

#1-The Blue Team-0.948%

Hey gang numbers do not lie. Blue is really #1 again. Well what are you going to do about it? If your whole team works together it is possible to become #1. Those team bragging rights are nice but wouldn't your name look sweet in a special color as a superstar? You can do it. It's not easy but it is worth it. It's great to be a superstar but it is even better to see that number on the scale get smaller as you get smaller.

What is your plan? What are you going to do to claim the victory? You have the power to do anything superstar. Make every moment and every choice count. Get to work and start shining.

Have a healthy day!

Congratulations to all those that have lost weight!
Btw, I am the on that emailed I would be away on vacation :) I will send my weight again on Friday, but I'm sure it will be horrible. One week of vacation (ok, I have been sick for half the time, so that "helps" regarding the weight), but this week has been really bad until now. I am SO stressed! I'm changing jobs next week, so at this point I have to round up at the client + all that is going on for my "exit" at my current employer is stressing me a lot.
However, I found new courage today, and will try to stay OP again, and I'm going to try to get some exercise in. I think I'm giving up on the "bike to WDW" challenge (it's 7000+ km for me!!!!), but will "go to DLP by bike", that's only 327 km. If I do that each month, I'll be glad!

Good Wednesday Morning. Congrats Blue Team Great work this week.

Black Team Where Are you?

Question of the Day
What is your favorite type of exercise?

I have to say that for the past few years that yoga has been my favorite. It is the one I keep coming back to. I also like walking but foot injuries keep hampering me.

Life here has been pretty quiet. I am allowed out of the house but can't go back to work until MOnday.

How is everyone else doing? Don't forget that we only have two more days for the challenge?

At lunch, I cheated on my diet, and I went to get a sandwich. I'm having a headache and a lot of stress, so well... :(

My favourite exercise?
I love to dance, but I am not that good at it, and every time I start a dance class, the teacher makes fun of me for the whole group, I am embarassed and quit.
I like to swim, but am not feeling confident enough to go to the pool. I swam on vacation though, because due to "relativity", I didn't look as big because of the other big tourists there :blush:
I golf, and many people underestimate the exercise level of that. A tournament in my club is about 3.5 hours long lugging your bag on your shoulder around all the 18 holes. It IS exercise :)

Congratulations all you LOSERS!!!!! Unfortunately I went up a pound and feel like I let my team down :sad1: But I am back in the game and doing much better!!

I have begun the Zone diet and like it a lot so far. It takes a while to get the hang of it, but the community board on the website is a great resource. I have insulin resistance and my endo told me a long time ago that it would be the best diet for me. It just seemed too complicated so I brought the book back to the library. Now eight years later I am willing to try 'complicated' if it helps get the weight off!!

My favorite kind of exercise recently has been the stairstepper at the gym. I am the psycho lady on it!! I did 100 floors in 30 minutes yesterday. I actually impressed my trainer, which is hard to do...There was a time when 15 minutes was all I could make myself do!!

Good Luck Losing Black team!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter