BL CHallenge *Black Team* Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

donac

Wife, mother, math teacher, quilter
Good Friday morning. I am the same as I was two weeks ago. I will take it since I ihave been laid up since Monday.

How has everyone done on the mini-challenge that I set up this week. I have been able to do the fruits/veggies and the water. I have stretched a couple of times but the walking has been slow. I will try better this week with the Overall group challenge.

Here is the link for the Overall Challenge for the week
BL Challenge of the Week

Question of the Day
Thursday:What is the hardest part about losing weight?
Friday(Based on Thursday's question) What can you do to make it easier?

Well everyone, I am am embarrassed to report not only did I NOT lose this week, I gained 1-1/2 lbs. :sad:

I was on vacation part of this past week and as it turns out, my will power did not come with me on vacation! :sad: :sad:

Anyways, I have already gotten back on track as of mid-week (which is a great thing because my gain probably would have been more if I hadn't. Yikes!)

Sorry I let the team down this week! I promise I will do better with the numbers next week!!!

Tina

Oh --> I missed answering the question yesterday. So here's my answer -->

Thursday:What is the hardest part about losing weight? --> Vacations!

Friday(Based on Thursday's question) What can you do to make it easier? --> No more vacations until DISNEY next September!!!!! (LOL) :)

Hi everyone! Sorry i haven't been around. Had a road trip that included 4 days at WDW and a 4 day cruise. I'm going to be sending my weight to Brenda and I'm up 1 pound from my last report (not too bad considering I spend so much time just sitting in a car). :) I need to get back to exercising.

I would agree that vacations delay the weight loss. Lots of yummy foods I can't get at home and with the car trip not as much exercise.

Good morning all! Sorry some of you have had a difficult week! I was actually down 1 this week! Not a lot, but down none the less.

What makes losing weight hard? Working with a bunch of young people who like to go out to eat all the time

What can I do to make it easier? Don't go? Or go and make sure to order healthy even when I really want the french fries!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Jana

Morning Black Team!

I'm down 1.4 pounds...I'm pretty happy but I missed the first two weigh ins so I'm slightly behind goal.

QOTD: For me, I really have to remind myself that I'm worth making good choices every day and to keep eating right, exercising even when the scale doesn't always reward my work. I need to be happy with the small losses...at least it's a loss!

Happy Friday!

After last week's gain, I'm down 2.9 this week. I was down 3.6 at WW after being gone last week, so that was AWESOME!!

Didn't make it on here yesterday due to Dr. appt, but all is well....

QOTD thursday....Hardest part of losing weight is my family who constantly sabotages & pokes fun.

QOTD...what can I do about it?.....Shoot them!!!! :lmao: (not really!) But they won't change, I just have to learn to deal with it and put myself first!

Have w GREAT WEEKEND ALL!!!!

I'm down 1.4 pounds this week. Slow and steady wins the race. I need to walk more. I only went out 2 mornings because it's been really cold. NO EXCUSE!

The hardest part of losing weight: Temptation at parties, vacations, etc. along with STRESS for me. I'm a stress eater - but I've seemed to get that under control this go round.

Best way to stay on track: Positive self talk and to realize that if you slip up at a party 1 night doesn't mean the whole week is shot to go ahead and "eat anything & everything." That 1 slip up can still end up with as some loss for the week if you get back on track!

I'm going to buy a Pedometer to track my steps. I hope to do well on the weekly COW this week. I've already taken the Real Age quiz.

Hey Kids!

Down 2.6 this week........in case you're keeping track, that's 2.6 for the contest! LOLOLOL!!!

Hardest Part: Finding time. My hubby and I own a business, I am a manager for Starbucks, and we have 3 kids under 7.

Answer to making it easier: I now go to a gym that's 24/7 and I go at 5 am, before anyone else is up!!!

Have a great week!:banana:

Hi, everyone!!! I've just been assigned to the Black team and am very happy to be here with you all. Well, as happy as I can be since I have to loose weight!!!;) I've been working on it for a few weeks and have lost about 6 lbs but needed more motivation!!! So.... the black team is my new motivation!!:thumbsup2

Thursday's challenge: What makes it difficult is chicken fingers!!!
Friday's challenge: Don't stop at the chicken places!!! That is definitely my weekness, and even if they do have grilled chicken salads, it's just not the same as the real thing!!!

Here's hoping we all have a little pixie dust to keep it all going!! Congratulations to everyone for all the progress you are making!! It will all be worth it in the end.

hey everyone...I have also just been assigned to the black team.... I am so happy to be here. We are going to Disney in December and I want to be down 35lbs by then...well at least another 25-30( I have lost 22lbs so far) and now I have a team to help me with that accomplishment. I weigh in on Saturdays, so tomorrow morning I will let you know the loss(well at least I hope...lol) Good luck everyone!!!

QOTD- Thursday- The hardest thing about losing weight is trying to convince myself that I am worth it!!!!

QOTD Friday- UHM I dont know how to make it easier so if you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it!!!

I had a small gain this week but I know that it is because of my TOM.

The hardest part about losing weight is getting out of the "diet" mentality. I am not on a diet....I am changing the way that I eat and it has to be permanent otherwise I will gain back everything I lost.

What I can do is to get myself back on track and make sure that I have lo-cal treats and healthy snack alternatives at home. ::yes::

I'm also up a pound. I went to the movies with friends Thursday and knew as I was eating my small popcorn that I would be up from the salt. I enjoyed it anyways.

What makes losing weight difficult for me is when I'm not prepared and organised with my food for the week. We had a stressful week as a family and I ate out instead of bringing my healthy foods for lunch.

This week will be different!!

Good Luck everyone!!!!

Down 1.6 this week. Happy because the loss was more than 1 lb for a change.

QOTD-Thurs- Hardest part- you are always thinking of food since it requires a lot of planning to eat right. What am I eating for bfast, lunch, dinner, snacks? Everything needs to be planned ahead of time to stay on track.

QOTD Friday- Easier-I think time makes it easier, because once you start losing and seeing how good you look and feel, you don't want to go back to the old ways.

Very impressed by those of you who have been on vacation and posted only slight gains. One more month to my WDW trip and cruise and my goal would be to either maintain, or no more than +3. Moderation will be the key for me, plus lots of walking. We're only going to the park one one day, the rest will be spent relaxing by the pool. We're staying at BWV so I plan to walk around the lake every morning at least, and then walking the decks on the cruise.

Have a great week everyone!

Good Saturday MOrning Everyone

Welcome :welcome: to the new members. We are a very quiet thread but I am hoping for more responses.

I am still stuck at home with the shingles. DS2 came home from college for the weekend since his high school had their first home football game last night. Ds2 came home on Thursday night because he has no classes on Friday. He spent part of the day writing up a lab for one of his classes and this morning he was at the kitchen table taking notes for his chem test on Tuesday. I think it might be lawn mowing day so I will be by myself for most of the day. Tomorrow I will go with dh to take him back to college.

I don't know if I am getting better since the rash is on my back and it is difficult to see. I am still achy and slightly itchy and with all the chemicals I am taking my stomach is doing a real number on me. BUt I am not as tired as I was at the beginning of theweek so I think something is getting better.

I have officially been out of work long enough because my department sent me a gift basket with some teas and cookies. ANother friend dropped off chicken soup and a chicken dinner for me and my family.

Enjoy the beautiful fall day. The leaves here haven't changed but there is a nip in the air and the sun is shining.

Have a great weekend.

Don't forget the challenge for the week. Let's try and get this accomplished. It is an easy one and there will be a lot of perfect scores so give it a try.

Good Morning all! Wonderful day here in NM, too! Balloon fiesta just started & there are 621 this year. I walked to the top of a hill in a nearby subdivision to watch them, with the mountains as a backdrop it is really gorgeous!

I don't know how to post pics here ( if someone can explain, feel free to PM me) but here's the link to the official website if you want to see some spectacular balloon pics. www.aibf.org

Have a GREAT weekend!!

I can't get the challenge. Anyone? I click the link and I get page not found.

I am happy to report a loss of 3.6lbs this week. The DH and I have been walking 3 miles in the morning and then another 3 miles at night at least 5 days a week, and I think this is really helping...plus all the steps I take to the bathroom since I am drinking almost a gallon of water a day!!!:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter