BL Challenge Black Team Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, Ladies!

I have been completely laid out with a viral infection for almost 2 weeks now. I'm finally down to just a cough, but I actually was prescribed an inhaler because it was so hard to breathe :scared1: . Needless to say, excercise has not been happening.

I haven't posted really at all yet, so here's the scoop. I gained a lot of weight over the last several years, but the clincher was the 40 pounds I put on in the last 2 years due to the stress of a corporate takeover that led to me losing the only job I ever had long term, for 10 years. Weight Watchers came to my workplace in May, so I signed up, only to realize I was tipping the scales at a gigundo 259lbs! :eek: DH is also Pooh-sized so he began the program at home on his own that same day. I have lost 27 pounds so far, and DH is at 50!!! It's really hard to keep motivated when I feel so crummy, though, but at least I don't want to eat either.

We are headed to WDW the week after Thanksgiving, and I'm hoping to lose another 15-20lbs by then. Exercise is the hardest thing for me, but I recently bought a Wii Fit and will start using it if I can ever stop coughing:sick: .

vllygrrl I am glad that you are starting to feel better. Exercise will come as you are feeling better.

vllygrrl Where in Middletown do you live? DO you have kids in high school and if so which one? I teach at South

Awesome job Black Team!! #2's not bad....hopefully we can overtake the Blue team this week!

:confused: :confused: :confused: I have a question for the team: I know a lot of you guys are on WW. I can't do the meetings but might be able to do the online WW. What are the pros/cons of joining online vs. going to a "live" meeting? TIA!:confused: :confused: :confused:

Have a great Wednesday all!!!!
Sharon

Sharon,

I can only speak for myself, but the comraderie at a WW meeting is sometimes so inspiring, that you really would miss that from the online experience. I have never tried on-line alone, but I do track my points/weight on the website, since I REALLY hate to journal all that by hand. There is a woman in my meetings that has lost 110 lbs, and is now running marathons. I am truly inspired by her journey. Plus you get all sorts of good tips, tricks and recipes in the meetings. The key though is a great leader. I go on Wed afternoons and the leader is so-so, but the time is convenient. However, there is another really good leader on nights and on Saturdays and his meetings are always great. So, it's a personal decision. I feel that I need the accountability to weigh in, in person every week, but others are different.

Thanks for the feedback Leanne! I joined WW online but may still try to get to a meeting. I really like the online log. I've always been a big believer in logging food and exercise and their tools are super easy to use!

QOTD: The hardest part for me is letting my "successes" become my downfall. Last year I lost 20 pounds and have put 10 pounds back on in the last 6 months. I do really well then fall off the wagon. I'm trying to make smaller changes this time around and took a realistic look at my goals to make sure I wasn't setting myself up for failure!

Good morning! Weighed in, checked out the challenges, but am off now with no internet for our Disney cruise! Hope everyone has a losing week! When I get home, will be able to focus 100% on losing and being a great team player!!!:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter